Uh oh!

PNWoutdoor

420 Member
I had some seeds someone gave me sitting in my car cup holder for months! I cleaned out my car and threw them in the soil in my back yard in the corner and didn’t think much would happen! 3 weeks later Every single one of them is growing (about 3 inches tall and 4 leaves on each) ! All 11 of them, my concern is they are too close to each other! When is a good time to separate them and how!

Welcome to 420,PNW :welcome:

Separate them now,before the root systems get much bigger...
How close together are they?

Depends how many you want to keep. I used to toss large numbers of seeds together then thin out the biggest ones when they got 6-8” tall and have some strength to them. I’d just lay the soil clump on its side and let it fall apart and then tease the roots apart. The older plants are more sturdy but also more inter grown. They’re tough weeds though.

A couple of them are very close, would it be possible to pot a couple of the ones I separate and maybe bring them indoor using the same soil?

Sure why not. Just as long as you don’t completely devastate the roots in the process they’ll be fine.
If you’re not happy with the soil they’re in then maybe just tease most of it off but retain what you need to avoid busting the main roots.

Bringing them in is no problem at all-2 of my 3 plants in my last grow were started outside.
But if you bring them in,do you have all the goodies for an indoor grow-They won't do well in a windowsill or under other weak lighting indoors.
One of the nice things about outdoor growing is you don't need to layout the cash for a proper grow space-mother nature handles all that stuff for you...

Back
Top Bottom