UK: Pam St. Clement Uses Cannabis Every Day To Soothe Aches And Pains Of Arthritis

Ron Strider

Pam St. Clement as revealed that she uses medicinal cannabis every day.

The former EastEnders star, who played Pat Butcher on the soap, uses cannabis-infused oil to soothe aches and pains.

The 75-year-old actress suffers from Polymyalgia rheumatica, a form of arthritis which causes pain and stiffness in the shoulders and thighs.

It is common in the over-60s, and Pam recently appeared on the ITV show Gone To Pot: American Road Trip to learn about medicinal drug use.

‘It’s wonderful… it has these amazing properties,’ the actress has revealed as she calls for legalization in the UK.

‘Taking this oil has changed my life. I am no longer in pain’. Pam appeared on the show with fellow celebrities John Fashanu, Christopher Biggins, Bobby George and Linda Robson.

‘Gone To Pot changed my life because when I went to America to find out about how cannabis has been legalised in certain states, I also discovered CBD. And I have to say that it’s absolutely wonderful,’ she went on in her interview with The Mirror.

‘I didn’t realize cannabis was such a complex plant with these properties which you can get medical help from’.

Pam uses drops of cannabidiol (CBD), a non-psychoactive compound of marijuana, which she puts under her tongue.

It doesn’t have the hallucinogenic properties of some strands of marijuana, but is known for its healing effects.

Gone To Pot looked at the legalization of cannabis in the US with a host of celebrities, who tried the drug in all manner of situations, from hippy parties to dinner parties where food was infused with the drug.

Famed for playing earring-lover Pat Butcher for an impressive 26 years, Pam was ditched from the soap at the start of 2012 when bosses killed her character off – making a brief return in 2016 from beyond the grave when Peggy Mitchell died.

She has since appeared on BBC drama Casualty as patient Sally Hodges.

Pam_St_Clement_-_Rex_Features.jpg

News Moderator: Ron Strider 420 MAGAZINE ®
Full Article: Pam St. Clement uses cannabis every day to soothe aches and pains | Metro News
Author: Adam Bloodworth
Contact: Contact us: How to get in touch with us at Metro newspaper and Metro.co.uk | Metro News
Photo Credit: Rex Features
Website: Metro.co.uk: News, Sport, Showbiz, Celebrities from Metro

Back
Top Bottom