Ultimate cheap reflective material

PdxPotSmoka

hey everbody i found an awsome source of mylar that's really cheap. those space blankets used for survival at most outdoor camping suply stores are made of extremely reflective mylare and you get a huge ass square for like 4 to 6 bucks. you can find them anywere they sell camping shit. they look like this:
https://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/campingsurvival_1895_41798419
yeah so this is a really good source of cheap ass mylar. sorry i can't really rell of this all makes sense right now but i hope you get the jist.

theres an even cheaper material. the insides of chip bags. pretty sure its mylar or aluminum, either way very reflective and youve got some munchies. just be sure to wipe off the grease before use

theres an even cheaper material. the insides of chip bags. pretty sure its mylar or aluminum, either way very reflective and youve got some munchies. just be sure to wipe off the grease before use
I'd make fat joe look skinny by the time I ate enough chips for the bags to cover the walls of my grow room.lol

An even cheaper option is a big tin of matt white paint and it`s more reflective!

An even cheaper option is a big tin of matt white paint and it`s more reflective!

Crazy George that is very true! I painted the inside of my cabinet with killz mildew repellant matte white and it reflects like ....well.....crazy!!!!!:cheesygrinsmiley:

Yeah, white reflects all of the light spectrum. Mylar doesnt because of it colour, just as black absorbs light. Plus if you hold mylar up to a strong light you can see through it so it is loosing some light through the materiel. Also the folds and wrinkles in the mylar dont distribute the light evenly and make a lot of it unuseable. Matt white diffuses the light all around rather than reflecting in one direction like a mirror.

I use the mylar blankets I get freely at the end of marathons. Some of them have logo's for the race on them and it adds a little extra something to the room

Back
Top Bottom