Ultimate Stealth Grows inside a Freezer!

NikkiAK

Some grow news from Alaska where weed is legal (tease....)

An absolutely awesome grow is a big chest freezer ! They have a fully aluminum interior, a shelf over the motor assembly that can be partitioned into a cuttings section, plants are budded on the deep side. Lights suspend from racks glued to the walls. Big freezers can accept 4ft tubes.

Works unbelievably well for a Sea of Green setup. If you don't need clones, put a hamster cage on the shelf and let them provide CO2 for the plants. (Don't forget to give them a pinch now and then !)

Plumb your power, water and drains through the back (or even the drain hole itself). I use a big aquarium pump to supply constant fresh air, seems to do the trick re humidity, but I'm in a dry area. A bigger vent can be cut into the back, with a carbon filter attached if needed.

If things get too hot the freezer will just turn on ! All you need do is bypass the original thermostat with one of a more appropriate range. Push the T-stat sensor in the drain hole, plug the freezer power into the T-Stat switch. Done !

NOBODY will ever guess it's a grow room ! ULTIMATE STEALTH

what happens when my neighbor's kid opens it to grab a soda or otter pop?

Some grow news from Alaska where weed is legal (tease....)

An absolutely awesome grow is a big chest freezer !

I always wondered what they did with freezers in Alaska. Good DiY skills! +REPs.

what happens when my neighbor's kid opens it to grab a soda or otter pop?

Nothing, because you locked it? (Most of those things have locks.)

Back
Top Bottom