Ultra Violet light ?

there is a theory that trichromes are produced to protect the seed from ultraviolet that could kill it. most of the trichromes on plants are located closest to the top where more uv radiaton would impact.

that too, trichromes dont have only one purpose and as i said its just a theory. resin could really be there to deter animals from chomping down on them. i dont think a deer would want to eat chrons after getting stoned as hell from the bud

In my opinion if your plants are doing bong hits and grooving to Pink Floyd they would certainly enjoy the blacklights too....... otherwise if they're just like sittin' there veggin' out and growing I'd stick with more traditional lighting such as MH and HPS.............:smokin:

lol ^

I think I'll try Medical UV-B light on my plants they are 16 inches tall and 9 weeks old now and still have very little smell to them. They are supposed to be Purple Kush seeds.

There is no reason for them to smell untill they are well into flowering. If you use just UV light, with no full spectrum light, on your plants they will die.

NoDirtWeed4Me said:
There is no reason for them to smell untill they are well into flowering. If you use just UV light, with no full spectrum light, on your plants they will die.
Yeah........ Blacklight = Black Thumb

plant strains from the himalaya mountains have acclimated to a higher level of UV due to location ....

supplementing full spectrum with extra UV might improve taste or quality but I'm not sure might be a good project for a science freak or breeder .....

doesn't6 alaska also have high UV levels when they have daylight
Univ of alaska might have horticulture reasearch on UV?

I've just started growin' couple of plants and was wondering how much soil should i use, right now i am using one gallon buckets with Miricle Grow. is that good enough or doo i need more soil. SPECIFY how much

during flowering black light's increse potency, i can't prove it but from my experiences i always add one on my floro shop light setup. it doesnt hurt, and i have very good bud so gage it for yourself.

You might get increased potency per gram, but less grams per plant overall.

The deleterious effects of UV A and B can be carried over a generation if the plants have been under enough.

Plants, and animals, HATE UV light! It breaks DNA strands because of the energy in the light. Even in plants. Even in people. When the DNA gets damaged, the organism FIRST destroys the tissue, then develops protection.

The extra "resin" is not necessarily THC, it could be CBD, or many other terpenoid chems that can absorb the bad light.

I have never read a scientific study on the benefits of UV light for anything that is alive.

Some people have hyped the UV lamps, and just have too much personally invested in their ego about it that they would look at the proof and deny it.

Don't be that guy. Look at the facts. Learn and EVOLVE!

you do get an increase in potency, but it does not decrease "grams" per plant (if you stay within "range" / safe levels)

**range you say? well it took some reading and testing, the info is out there;)

its not hype, its science.

**i would also like to mention that proper uv treatments also requires good nutrients/supplements (in order to get the desired results i might add) . your growing environment should also be dialed in., (variables like hum-temp-c02-etc)

-cheers

Back
Top Bottom