Uncle Fuzzy's way of the SCRoG

Remember when I told you how tucking branches too early is a bad thing and you should wait a couple days till the branch is long enough to allow all of the top to get under it? Then I said I was horrible at doing this? I submit exhibit A...
You can see in the upper left I tucked a branch but it's still a bit too young to be honest. With a branch held like this you run the risk of actually slowing its growth and in tight areas thrashing the leaves. The leaf thing isnt gonna destroy your plant, but when your buds are getting their pictures taken in a couple weeks, a funky leaf with a jagged edge will make your lady look like Miss December in a "Toothless Girls of Florida" calendar. So, dont do what I do!!!

Bottom line... when your branch is long enough that the string misses the top and the closest secondary nodes go ahead and tuck it. If your branch looks like mine above no tuck.

Oh! One more thing... and this one is a dusey. I'm only using 1 inch pipe on my scrog frame, not 1.5. Not sure how I fucked that up. No more pot for me.

Disclosure:

While we understand you are free to buy any "Toothless" calendars, we appreciate your interest in our Florida girls. Please feel free to browse the rest our Florida girl line including the "I'm from Florida" tube top, the "Is that the Sun?" beach towel, limited edition vodka based sports drink, and many other quality products.

No toothless Florida girls were harmed in any way during the making of these items

Remember when I told you how tucking branches too early is a bad thing and you should wait a couple days till the branch is long enough to allow all of the top to get under it? Then I said I was horrible at doing this? I submit exhibit A...
You can see in the upper left I tucked a branch but it's still a bit too young to be honest. With a branch held like this you run the risk of actually slowing its growth and in tight areas thrashing the leaves. The leaf thing isnt gonna destroy your plant, but when your buds are getting their pictures taken in a couple weeks, a funky leaf with a jagged edge will make your lady look like Miss December in a "Toothless Girls of Florida" calendar. So, dont do what I do!!!

Bottom line... when your branch is long enough that the string misses the top and the closest secondary nodes go ahead and tuck it. If your branch looks like mine above no tuck.

Oh! One more thing... and this one is a dusey. I'm only using 1 inch pipe on my scrog frame, not 1.5. Not sure how I fucked that up. No more pot for me.

I should of read this 13 weeks ago :rofl: :rofl:

Seems I did exactly what you are warning others about. This run I kept tucking under in a attempt to
keep a PURPLE HAZE x MALAWI under control but over did it and now seeing a loss in yield. Been trying
to understand what I did this run that caused the slow down SUSPECT this is the reason

Thanks

I should of read this 13 weeks ago :rofl: :rofl:

Seems I did exactly what you are warning others about. This run I kept tucking under in a attempt to
keep a PURPLE HAZE x MALAWI under control but over did it and now seeing a loss in yield. Been trying
to understand what I did this run that caused the slow down SUSPECT this is the reason

Thanks

First of all you're a psycho for growning a plant with such a long flower. haha

In a lot of cases when a plant under performs it's the seed itself (this only applys to plants grown from seed). Jorge Cervantes, one of the truly great growers in my opinion, will tell you that if your growing 10 feminized seeds 99% will be female, 50% could be weak, 50% could be strong, and 25% could be the best case scenario for that variety. Then theres something that can happen at approximately 10% of the time he calls it a super seed. This is what breaks records. A seed if grown in perfect conditions will bring a tear to your eye.

When I read about this it gave me some closure on past grows with issues. How come 4 grew perfectly, and one looks like a little round Christmas ornament? its helped me cull the little purple soccer balls that aren't going anywhere.

I've noticed in the past that a plant will start to flower nicely but the string seems to be in the way. Meaning that the bud goes down to the string and a bit beyond. At this time theres no way to pull the bud back through to give a bit of slack at the base. I have cut strings in the past. Obviously you can't do that too much, but if you feel that one bud is a performer it might be a good idea. I cut a couple strings on this grow.

I have never run out of headroom between my canopy and light, so I can be all cavalier about this, but some are seriously bound by height so they scrog the shit out of their plants. This is something to take into consideration... when do you stop tucking and let them do their thing? Well, I tuck for a solid 2 weeks from the start of flower, i watch the next week or so and tuck on a case by case basis. Then I let them finish unhindered. This isnt the last word on when to stop tucking, there will be some trial and error

For the record I almost always grow indica, or heavy indica hybrids. I think King Tut was the heaviest sativa I've grown, and it grew exactly like any heavy indica. Indicas are a cakewalk to grow, squat body with limbs that dont get all crazy. not like a high sativa that will grow into something out of little shop of horrors. I prefer the high, and big ass buds of the indicas

Another aspect to consider is how much room you have on your scrog. "They" say fill a screen about 75% then pull the trigger on flower, but if you're growing Grinspoon and expect it to redecorate the room maybe flowering at 50% is a better option. Flower is not the time for super cropping or something more drastic. For the record, I'm not rousting super cropping, it's great, but not in late flower.

In a lot of cases when a plant under performs it's the seed itself (this only applys to plants grown from seed). Jorge Cervantes, one of the truly great growers in my opinion, will tell you that if your growing 10 feminized seeds 99% will be female, 50% could be weak, 50% could be strong, and 25% could be the best case scenario for that variety. Then theres something that can happen at approximately 10% of the time he calls it a super seed. This is what breaks records. A seed if grown in perfect conditions will bring a tear to your eye.

When I read about this it gave me some closure on past grows with issues. How come 4 grew perfectly, and one looks like a little round Christmas ornament? its helped me cull the little purple soccer balls that aren't going anywhere.

I've noticed in the past that a plant will start to flower nicely but the string seems to be in the way. Meaning that the bud goes down to the string and a bit beyond. At this time theres no way to pull the bud back through to give a bit of slack at the base. I have cut strings in the past. Obviously you can't do that too much, but if you feel that one bud is a performer it might be a good idea. I cut a couple strings on this grow.

I have never run out of headroom between my canopy and light, so I can be all cavalier about this, but some are seriously bound by height so they scrog the shit out of their plants. This is something to take into consideration... when do you stop tucking and let them do their thing? Well, I tuck for a solid 2 weeks from the start of flower, i watch the next week or so and tuck on a case by case basis. Then I let them finish unhindered. This isnt the last word on when to stop tucking, there will be some trial and error

For the record I almost always grow indica, or heavy indica hybrids. I think King Tut was the heaviest sativa I've grown, and it grew exactly like any heavy indica. Indicas are a cakewalk to grow, squat body with limbs that dont get all crazy. not like a high sativa that will grow into something out of little shop of horrors. I prefer the high, and big ass buds of the indicas

Another aspect to consider is how much room you have on your scrog. "They" say fill a screen about 75% then pull the trigger on flower, but if you're growing Grinspoon and expect it to redecorate the room maybe flowering at 50% is a better option. Flower is not the time for super cropping or something more drastic. For the record, I'm not rousting super cropping, it's great, but not in late flower.
This is for you my little green friend...
It's the page I was talking about that gives a rough estimate of what you can expect from seeds. OR it's the page I was talking about that gives a perfectly plausible excuse why you plant took a shit. You decide.

In a lot of cases when a plant under performs it's the seed itself (this only applys to plants grown from seed).

Dont think this was do to Seeds more likely my attempt to keep them from stretching out of control :rofl:
Could also be the wrong mix of spectrum's and Far-Red ? Next run I intend to only use the Far-Red during
Veg

Here are some earlier attempts Oh my HID light height are always 50" inches from floor to base of Hood

Dont think this was do to Seeds more likely my attempt to keep them from stretching out of control :rofl:
Could also be the wrong mix of spectrum's and Far-Red ? Next run I intend to only use the Far-Red during
Veg

Here are some earlier attempts Oh my HID light height are always 50" inches from floor to base of Hood

Those look great. That last one looks crazy. I had one that grew like that, but not that big.... awesome!

Have you thought of LED much? You can kinda build the spectrum to suit. No doubt you know this. I'm using a double ended MH/HPS light, but my heart belongs to LED

Those look great. That last one looks crazy. I had one that grew like that, but not that big.... awesome!

Have you thought of LED much? You can kinda build the spectrum to suit. No doubt you know this. I'm using a double ended MH/HPS light, but my heart belongs to LED

Thanks Yes I hope to build a QB with multiple spectrum's but still need to understand
what the different Mixes and uses are best in my environment

In the past I have used LED and was never impressed, but the newest tech and improvements
have made it nearly impossible to resist trying again :high-five:

That last Photo was a Re-Veg FLOWER CLONE. Once I have more room and multiple tents
I may be have the time and space to do some more of that .

Thanks again much appreciated

Oh I really appreciate that page info you posted, Dont think I ever seen that so will have to
borrow it and post it on my thread so I can find it later, Thanks

Maybe it was just as you say a weak set of seeds, So maybe another run exactly the same
to see if it repeats ? Always run Feminized seeds with very good yields so maybe IT was just
a good run for a few years

:high-five::passitleft:

Thanks Yes I hope to build a QB with multiple spectrum's but still need to understand
what the different Mixes and uses are best in my environment

In the past I have used LED and was never impressed, but the newest tech and improvements
have made it nearly impossible to resist trying again :high-five:

That last Photo was a Re-Veg FLOWER CLONE. Once I have more room and multiple tents
I may be have the time and space to do some more of that .

Thanks again much appreciated

Oh I really appreciate that page info you posted, Dont think I ever seen that so will have to
borrow it and post it on my thread so I can find it later, Thanks

Maybe it was just as you say a weak set of seeds, So maybe another run exactly the same
to see if it repeats ? Always run Feminized seeds with very good yields so maybe IT was just
a good run for a few years

:high-five::passitleft:
There aren't very many premade light fixtures that I would recommend. I love Black Dogs, but for the price I'm sure I could find something as good or better. I plan on building something someday. It will probably be QBs. Their Rspec series look great. You really wouldn't need to add any other colors to the mix. I was looking at the Gromau5 pucks, but they aren't full Spectrum. Then theres cobs... you could mix any flavor you like with those, but it seems like they are already on their way out. I've been using HPS for 3 seasons in hydro and soil... I hate it. When I hit the lottery I will be moving back to LED.

That plant was sick! *in a good way. What was the yield? I noticed that it shows something about scrogging that isnt talked about... As the plant grows into the screen the best parts of the plant will migrate to the edge of the screen, and out of the most potent parts of the light footprint. People with lesser lights are inadvertently compromising quality as they fill their screen. I'm not saying theres ANYTHING wrong with what you did, clearly it worked out very well, and I believe the uniformity of your canopy shows a properly lit area. But I worry for the guy that's only grown once, he shot his wad on a $700 light and plans on filling his new scrog for 2 months. Those bitchen tops along the edges aren't gonna get the goods in regards to light.

Seeds are the lapdog of satan.

I like your style. A student at heart that has clearly put his coursework to good use.

There aren't very many premade light fixtures that I would recommend. I love Black Dogs, but for the price I'm sure I could find something as good or better. I plan on building something someday. It will probably be QBs. Their Rspec series look great. You really wouldn't need to add any other colors to the mix. I was looking at the Gromau5 pucks, but they aren't full Spectrum. Then theres cobs... you could mix any flavor you like with those, but it seems like they are already on their way out. I've been using HPS for 3 seasons in hydro and soil... I hate it. When I hit the lottery I will be moving back to LED.

That plant was sick! *in a good way. What was the yield? I noticed that it shows something about scrogging that isnt talked about... As the plant grows into the screen the best parts of the plant will migrate to the edge of the screen, and out of the most potent parts of the light footprint. People with lesser lights are inadvertently compromising quality as they fill their screen. I'm not saying theres ANYTHING wrong with what you did, clearly it worked out very well, and I believe the uniformity of your canopy shows a properly lit area. But I worry for the guy that's only grown once, he shot his wad on a $700 light and plans on filling his new scrog for 2 months. Those bitchen tops along the edges aren't gonna get the goods in regards to light.

Seeds are the lapdog of satan.

I like your style. A student at heart that has clearly put his coursework to good use.

Exactly :high-five: Last few grows I have been experimenting in VEG and using LST by CIRCLING the POT Rim

I only up pot once from the starter 1 gal pot to my 10 gal pot and start time change same day.
Circling the pot causes all the nodes to branch much faster, even had a branch at the Embryonic Node this last run :yummy:
Girls stay in 1 gal until daily waterings. This gives me a good start in filling the net. Worked great this last run.

Oh GOOD Point. I dont top so as you pointed out the main can get sent to a far side corner if we dont think ahead

I am LUCKY, running two plants with individual nets allows me to turn the girls and bring the MAIN to center position.
BUT I normally turn them every so often anyway.

WARNING i am NOW thinking it could be causing issues in flower ?

Circling the Rim in VEG causes the main stem to become coiled. Ill add a pic on my thread later tonight its hard
to explain. This may be causing issues as well ?

I’m doing my first scrog now. I built 2x4 carts with casters so that I can roll the plants out to work on them.

At 21 days in flower. Look right so far?

Attachments

• 761DBB01-55D7-49E7-B78D-6A06BCC85D79.jpeg
    761DBB01-55D7-49E7-B78D-6A06BCC85D79.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 88
I’m doing my first scrog now. I built 2x4 carts with casters so that I can roll the plants out to work on them.

At 21 days in flower. Look right so far?
That's a fantastic Idea. Looks like you're gonna have a happy new year! Good job!

thanks. It looks promising so far, but it’s my first scrog, so I’m not sure what to expect. Lol

Long ways to go, it’s a 10 week strain
Sure. I'll follow along to see how you do. This forum is notorious for not keeping members abreast of other members thread. Please drop in if you haven't heard from me in a while.

10 weeks ain't too bad. I was just talking to someone who is dealing with a 15 week Haze. FUCK that! I get itchy feet after 2months in flower... it's bad enough when an 8 week strain goes late, seems like most do in my experience. So let's hope youres rings the bell at 10.

Sure. I'll follow along to see how you do. This forum is notorious for not keeping members abreast of other members thread. Please drop in if you haven't heard from me in a while.

10 weeks ain't too bad. I was just talking to someone who is dealing with a 15 week Haze. FUCK that! I get itchy feet after 2months in flower... it's bad enough when an 8 week strain goes late, seems like most do in my experience. So let's hope youres rings the bell at 10.

I’ve grown it out from seed, it’s all of 10 weeks. It’s just sooo bushy I thought I’d try a scrog.

Here’s what the first grows buds looked like

Potent smoke, unusual flavor. Hard to describe

Attachments

• 8AEBFF9F-C733-4C70-AB49-7B8D5997793C.jpeg
    8AEBFF9F-C733-4C70-AB49-7B8D5997793C.jpeg
    664 KB · Views: 64
I’ve grown it out from seed, it’s all of 10 weeks. It’s just sooo bushy I thought I’d try a scrog.

Here’s what the first grows buds looked like

Potent smoke, unusual flavor. Hard to describe
Bud looks perfect. A scrog should help with keeping things under control. I still find myself pulling leaves to help the new growth, but I think that's more of a personal preference. I just finished trimming a ton of leaves on my hydro plant. I should be good for a while.

I like the unusual flavors. I noticed you are growing Barneys Farm. I've grown their Ayahuasca Purple, Pineapple Chunk, and Acapulco Gold. The Acapulco Gold has a very unusual flavor, almost licorice like. The only other bud I've had like it was a plant a friend grew that he called Dog Butt. A Gold was a pretty good strain to grow. TIIIGHT buds, a bunch of little hand grenades.

Bud looks perfect. A scrog should help with keeping things under control. I still find myself pulling leaves to help the new growth, but I think that's more of a personal preference. I just finished trimming a ton of leaves on my hydro plant. I should be good for a while.

I like the unusual flavors. I noticed you are growing Barneys Farm. I've grown their Ayahuasca Purple, Pineapple Chunk, and Acapulco Gold. The Acapulco Gold has a very unusual flavor, almost licorice like. The only other bud I've had like it was a plant a friend grew that he called Dog Butt. A Gold was a pretty good strain to grow. TIIIGHT buds, a bunch of little hand grenades.

Barney’s Farm is generally reliable.

Back
Top Bottom