UncleJohn's Basic Hydro Cabinet Grow 2011/2012

UncleJohn

Hey everyone,

My first grow journal, and only my second grow so ill put it out there now that im by no means an experienced grower so any feedback/criticism would be really great.

My first grow was earlier this year and was a closet grow. It was in my college room which was cleaned and inspected once a week so i had to put A LOT of effort into keeping it a secret. College kids love to talk so i also learnt the golden rule of keeping my own mouth shut as by the end there were a lot of people wanting to come look at my plant.

This time im back home for the summer holidays so i have a lot more freedom as far as choices of places to grow and how to do it. My dad used to literally farm weed back when he was a kid in NZ so i dont really have to keep it discrete from him.

When i say a hydro grow i really mean a bubble bucket set up. amateur i know, but my knowledge with hydro is pretty limited and it looks like a pretty good way to grow one plant.

Heres my list of stuff that i currently have:
400W HPS light with reflector n ballast
Growth Technology nutes - one for veg and another for flower
a bag with like 50 bag seeds lol

Stuff i still need to get (tomorrow)
bubble bucket equipment (airpump and stone, medium etc)
wood to build my closet - trying to build a 0.9Wx0.5Dx1.6H meters
flat white paint
exhaust fan and other ventilation stuff
A new HPS bulb

Im thinking of buying one of the MH conversion bulbs to give my plant some more blue spec during the veg stage, but ive heard/read some bad things about the conversion bulbs. Any opinions or brands to get/stay away from?

Ill be starting the seeds (once they germ) under a 36W fluro but might try and pick up some other CFL's from bunnings or something just to give them a boost.

Ill post some pics tomorrow arvo once ive got the seeds germing and theres more then just a pile of growing shit on the ground haha.

Thanks for reading :thanks:

Welcome UncleJohn! What strains are the beans?
Looks like you are off to a great start. MH/HPS conversion bulbs in my opinion are a waste of money. Here's what I do: T5 lights for veg, and HPS for flower.

Can't wait to see pictures!
:Namaste:

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info! :blushsmile:

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am reporting this to be moved to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom