Undercurrent/Aeroponics Super System Advanced LED 800W Scrog - HGK - Chemdawg

did a res change three days ago and because its the sixth week of flower normally the heaviest feeding week I bumped strength up to 520ppms. since then my ph keeps dropping . ive dialed the strength back to 450 to get my ph to settle out. talked to a friend who says he's heard from other growers this strain is sensitive to strong nutes.

cant wait for the new camera next week :) hopefully it will take my journal to another level.

todays pics

IMG_22338.JPG

these are my 15w spectral boost Leds both are far red 730nm
IMG_22239.JPG

IMG_222510.JPG

IMG_222410.JPG

IMG_223411.JPG

IMG_22328.JPG

IMG_22317.JPG

IMG_22308.JPG

IMG_22297.JPG

IMG_22286.JPG

IMG_22277.JPG

IMG_22267.JPG

day 39 of flower .

I think I finally got my ph to settle after reducing nute strength to 440 ppms and top off res at 100 ppms. ph has been stable all day at 5.8

IMG_22358.JPG

IMG_22369.JPG

IMG_223714.JPG

IMG_223811.JPG

IMG_223911.JPG

IMG_22409.JPG

these are my 15w spectral boost Leds both are far red 730nm

An LED heat lamp? :scratchinghead:

Did I miss you discussing the reason behind these?

Your ppms sound so odd to me. I can't imagine running ppms that low! Maybe I'm overfeeding mine. hmmm

Everything looks awesome, so whatever you're doing, it's working! :thumb:

An LED heat lamp? :scratchinghead:

Did I miss you discussing the reason behind these?

Your ppms sound so odd to me. I can't imagine running ppms that low! Maybe I'm overfeeding mine. hmmm

Everything looks awesome, so whatever you're doing, it's working! :thumb:

No they are not heat lamps, they're far red spectrum led spot lights from Advanced Led. I use them after the stretch to boost the far red spectrum. If used before can cause increased stretch .

Yeah it's strange running strength so low but with the extreme oxygen levels in the root zone nutes are easily available . At 560ppms I got tip burn. This strain is nute sensitive also. Thanks for stopping by :)

day 42 of flower

added a DS100 for side lighting. approximately three weeks left, buds are smaller than I would like but extra frosty:)
ppms are at 420. ph stable at 5.9.

got the new camera and here are the first shoots with it.

DSCF000254.JPG

DSCF000347.JPG

DSCF000444.JPG

DSCF000548.JPG

DSCF000641.JPG

DSCF000833.JPG

DSCF001129.JPG

DSCF001227.JPG

DSCF001424.JPG

DSCF001625.JPG

DSCF001720.JPG

DSCF001823.JPG

DSCF001918.JPG

DSCF002018.JPG

DSCF002521.JPG

DSCF002616.JPG

DSCF002715.JPG

DSCF00289.JPG

still learning the camera. took some close ups today. man are these girls frosty :)

DSCF00504.JPG

DSCF00539.JPG

DSCF005410.JPG

DSCF00595.JPG

DSCF00576.JPG

DSCF00637.JPG

DSCF00616.JPG

DSCF00647.JPG

DSCF00659.JPG

DSCF00686.JPG

DSCF00694.JPG

first pic is with lights off using a flashlight, all others are with lights on using a custom white balance setting

That very first custom WB looks pretty close!

I was about to ask about some of the shots. Do you have a way to take a picture with "daylight" lighting? Maybe just with the flash?

Some of the plants looked very purple in the custom WB pics. Is that accurate? It might be hard to have one setting that works well everywhere. Your LEDs are probably have different spectrums. I'm wondering if cameras might have trouble with LED because there are 'missing' wavelengths that the camera uses to auto adjust itself. :hmmmm:

It's starting to become pretty obvious how well that double decker side car screen is gonna work to hold up all those buds. Looks cool! :thumb:

I wouldn't worry about the smaller buds. First, if you have a few weeks left, they haven't swelled yet. :morenutes:
This is also a pretty common comment from LED growers, but they also say the nugs are denser and the overall weight is better with LED. My theory is the extra heat from the HPS/HID makes the plants grow less densely. Ever have a grow get real hot during flower and get airy buds? With LED, you're moving further along that spectrum in the other direction, ie denser nugs. I'm sure it's a vast over simplification, but it makes sense to me. :)

This isn't your first use of LEDs though is it?

Seems like there are a LOT of folks here using LEDs now. Either I'm noticing them more, or their use has risen. What do you think Ronnie?

I like your system a lot and have been thinking about setting one up as one of my cycles, but obviously it would be modified to fit my needs a bit. :winkyface:
If I tried your system, I would use a flexible tubing so I can move the buckets. If the screen wasn't there, could you remove the plants?

I think my objection to DWC system is the lack of support for the plant. I guess the scrog solves that, but I like to be able to move my plants around. I have a lot of them and I want to be able to bring them out of the garden if needed.

That very first custom WB looks pretty close!

I was about to ask about some of the shots. Do you have a way to take a picture with "daylight" lighting? Maybe just with the flash?

Some of the plants looked very purple in the custom WB pics. Is that accurate? It might be hard to have one setting that works well everywhere. Your LEDs are probably have different spectrums. I'm wondering if cameras might have trouble with LED because there are 'missing' wavelengths that the camera uses to auto adjust itself. :hmmmm:

It's starting to become pretty obvious how well that double decker side car screen is gonna work to hold up all those buds. Looks cool! :thumb:

I wouldn't worry about the smaller buds. First, if you have a few weeks left, they haven't swelled yet. :morenutes:
This is also a pretty common comment from LED growers, but they also say the nugs are denser and the overall weight is better with LED. My theory is the extra heat from the HPS/HID makes the plants grow less densely. Ever have a grow get real hot during flower and get airy buds? With LED, you're moving further along that spectrum in the other direction, ie denser nugs. I'm sure it's a vast over simplification, but it makes sense to me. :)

This isn't your first use of LEDs though is it?

Seems like there are a LOT of folks here using LEDs now. Either I'm noticing them more, or their use has risen. What do you think Ronnie?

Hey Hiker, I'm still messing with the camera settings , My daughter is a film major in college so hopefully she can help:)

the purple is because of the camera setting. I've been growing with leds for two years now , I think the smaller buds are genetics because I've had many other strains that had larger flowers at this point, but it might be because i'm running cooler temps than usual. had been running temps at 80-82f lights on and now i'm running 76-78f. so you might have a good point on the temps effecting bud density.
about how I feel about leds and more people using them, I feel pretty soon that's all everyone will use. the technology get better all the time and costs are going down. people are figuring out the ins and outs of growing with leds and getting great results. :)

thanks for the insight.

I run leds as well. Nothing else and yes those will swell and fill out. Mabey not as big as HPS but who likes fluffy buds? just focus on pistil/calyx formation and that will tell you your eventual girth and density. Looks good man. I would be interested in a smoke report on the OG.

welcome uncle puff, and thanks for stopping by. my last grow was OG#18 and was pure fire :)

first couple of pics are signs of calcium def. ph has been too high. adjusted ph to 5.8 and will keep it there.

DSCF00707.JPG

DSCF00745.JPG

rest of the pics are just random bud shots

DSCF00735.JPG

DSCF00773.JPG

DSCF00783.JPG

DSCF00793.JPG

DSCF00804.JPG

DSCF00815.JPG

DSCF00826.JPG

DSCF00846.JPG

DSCF00852.JPG