Undergrad's Perpetual Grow 5.2k Watts of Air Cooled Fun!

Undergrad

I am in the final stages of redoing my grow room and thought I would start a journal and see how it goes. I have been growing the last few years, perpetually harvesting about 10 plants every 4-6 weeks at an average of 2.5 oz per plant, mostly Super Lemon Haze. I brought in some clones from a "friend" and powdery mildew along with them. I left town and had someone else taking care of things and everything got out of hand culminating in shutting down the room and starting over.

As it was I was using an unfinished garage and it was far from optimal. I insulated and sheet rocked the room framed off the garage door insulated and sheet rocked that as well. I had a friend run a couple of extra 20 amp circuits for the room to help supply a little juice. I also ran solid ducting through the attic using adjustable 90 degree elbow pipes to the vents in the eaves at the back of my house (completely silent outside).
I am running 4 1k watt HPS in the flower room air cooled 2 at a time with 2 8in max-fans pulling through 2 Can 33's. In between the lights at ceiling height is a Can 75 and a HO 8in Can-fan scrubbing the whole show so the vented "scrubbed" air is scrubbed twice in essence. At the far end of the room where the garage door is/was there are 2 grow tents one 4x8x7.5 the other is 3x3x7. The bigger tent is the veg room and has 2 600w air cooled MH the smaller tent is where the 45 site clone machine sits under florescent's
Both tents are being vented using a HO 8in Can-fan to the larger room where everything is scrubbed/vented. There will be 16in oscillating fans mount to the walls after they are wrapped in plastic.I will be adding a mini split A/C unit when the weather calls for it. I am also looking at a Co2 burner as my compressed unit is too small for this area. I am also looking into putting together a drip feed system because I like to leave once in awhile. I grow in soil so even if a pump went out I have a few day buffer zone. I ran everything tonight and got temps of 79f with 47% humidity with lights on for a couple hours.
I still need to wrap the room in panda plastic tomorrow but I am starting to feel like its time to pop some seeds and start this thing off! I currently have a few sour diesel and super lemon haze from another clean room I am running at another patients house.This is a legal medical grow for the record. I also have 10 more feminized Super lemon haze and 10 feminized Tangerine Dream that I will pop very soon for the first run. The idea of this room is the same, perpetual harvest every 4-6 weeks just a few more plants this time.Here are a few pictures of the room as it stands now. I will try and add pictures as things progress
IMG_018912.JPG
IMG_018812.JPG
IMG_018711.JPG
IMG_01866.JPG
IMG_01859.JPG
IMG_01849.JPG
IMG_01838.JPG
IMG_018210.JPG
IMG_018114.JPG
IMG_017812.jpg

MRI today so Panda plastic will have to wait for tonight.
I will be running General Organics line of fertilizers and supplements. I prefer my food organic and my bud as well. I can't think of anything else I forgot to mention but I will be back later with more pictures. Thanks for your interest!

Thanks Lebowskii! My favorite movie btw lol
Here are a couple more pictures of the area now that its wrapped in panda plastic. I intend to redo to area around the water heater to optimize space better.
IMG_01779.JPG
IMG_01916.JPG
IMG_01947.JPG
IMG_01957.JPG

Thanks Smiling Garden. I am leaving tomorrow for a few days so I will take cuttings and pop seeds when I get back. I cant wait to fill this space up. Seems like such a waste with only the 7 plants I have right this minute lol

My average flower time with my last phenotype was 60 days so it was shorter than the stated 10 weeks. Trichome color doesn't lie! I like to harvest the slh at 30-40% amber myself but to each his own! I have new seeds now so I plan on the 10 week stated time but will be checking trich color to determine the final harvest date. To be honest the 60 day pheno was chosen because of how fast she finished and how ridiculously lemony she smelled and tasted.
Posted from my phone, forgive any auto spell errors.

My average flower time with my last phenotype was 60 days so it was shorter than the stated 10 weeks. Trichome color doesn't lie! I like to harvest the slh at 30-40% amber myself but to each his own! I have new seeds now so I plan on the 10 week stated time but will be checking trich color to determine the final harvest date. To be honest the 60 day pheno was chosen because of how fast she finished and how ridiculously lemony she smelled and tasted.
Posted from my phone, forgive any auto spell errors.

Thanks man much appreciated.

Looks like you are gearing up for a great grow. Great work so far. Don't mind if I hop on board for the ride! :popcorn:

Thanks for the kind word's everyone. I am excited to get home and see how much they have grown in the last 4 days. I just started using the full strength feed schedule as well as supplements and expect some juicy lower branches for cloning. I will take pics throughout the process and post them this week sometime. I had a ballast burn out in my other room at my fathers house ( 2 600w ballasts fried in 1 week)and will be loaning (myself) a light in that room as I only have 7 plants to flower at the moment and there is just no need for all 4 1k watt HPS for 7 plants, my fathers room has 24 with 4 weeks left so you can understand the thought process. I am freshly medicated on last crops SLH and NL so I am rambling. More photos coming soon!:Namaste:

Just planted 10 Super lemon haze and 9 tangerine dream. I have about 25 clones or so in the clone machine and 3 more plants going into flower next week sometime after cloning. I personally find it easier to have extra clones than to not have enough. Everything is looking good but my pulled pork timer just went off so I will talk to you all later!

Hey everybody its been awhile but heres a quick update. I have been having a few troubles with some babies. It could be PH, it could be the thripes' I found. I am going to check the runoff tomorrow, and I sprayed with Azamax tonight for the thripes'.
Here are a couple pics of the offending plants.
IMG_03789.JPG
IMG_03825.JPG
IMG_03756.JPG

Most of them look pretty good so I suspect PH but the thripes' can't be helping. The Azamax should take care of that. I picked up some Dolomite lime today just in case I need to add a little to the babies. I will check the runoff PH tomorrow and see what the story is. Smoking some of the Sour Diesel right now from my other room, smokes well and this batch is way better looking already.
The flower room is looking good. About 6 weeks in and this is what things look like as of yesterday.
IMG_03857.JPG
IMG_03846.JPG
IMG_03839.JPG
IMG_03869.JPG

Back
Top Bottom