Understanding High-Brix

all makes perfect sence.

one thing i have asked and hasnt yet got a response about is the use of a good mineral water as a substitue for mineralised soil?

i think there are some really enriched waters out there that might do the job.

Tap water is full of minerals, but in any event mineral water will never be a substitute for mineralized soil.

*I* add about 4-5 cups of minerals/rock dust/cf of mix (I make my own, like a ProMix +++), in the form of lime, gypsum, Azomite, granite dust, greensand, SRP and I may be forgetting something.

None of this breaks down very quick and what I do is grow Alliums in the 'fresh' mix. Myco's love Alliums and by the time of harvest the soil is well inoculated, the micro herd has had time to start breaking down the minerals and I have much better results than with fresh mix, even after a long cook.

Vapedogg223 is way more than correct about getting info from mainstream gardening sites. I swear, some of the most convoluted, strange and many times just plain wrong advice on growing anything, is found on mj sites.

I'v been gardening and growing 'stuff' since 1972 and still fell into this *growing mj* trap of misinformation and had nothing but problems. When I finally slapped myself straight and went back to growing like I had for the last 40 years and treating the plants like my garden instead of something from another solar system, the problems went away.

DD

Tap water is full of minerals, but in any event mineral water will never be a substitute for mineralized soil.

*I* add about 4-5 cups of minerals/rock dust/cf of mix (I make my own, like a ProMix +++), in the form of lime, gypsum, Azomite, granite dust, greensand, SRP and I may be forgetting something.

None of this breaks down very quick and what I do is grow Alliums in the 'fresh' mix. Myco's love Alliums and by the time of harvest the soil is well inoculated, the micro herd has had time to start breaking down the minerals and I have much better results than with fresh mix, even after a long cook.

Vapedogg223 is way more than correct about getting info from mainstream gardening sites. I swear, some of the most convoluted, strange and many times just plain wrong advice on growing anything, is found on mj sites.

I'v been gardening and growing 'stuff' since 1972 and still fell into this *growing mj* trap of misinformation and had nothing but problems. When I finally slapped myself straight and went back to growing like I had for the last 40 years and treating the plants like my garden instead of something from another solar system, the problems went away.

DD

i like what you have to say. im not actually having any problems with my grow. my questions are two fold. one side is to do with pure high brix for the sake of itself and how far it can be pushed to perfection AND how one can macguyver a basic grow that has improved brix (such as mineral water bodging)

the second aspect is my own grow and learning how to move from what i have into highbrix but preferably in a phased manner rather than all at once.

I am the kind of person that treats plants like they are from another solar system, im not a fan of trusting nature, i want to crack all the little secrets and do perfect growing. had i not heard of highbrix, airoponics whould have seemed the 'best' way to me, and that was the path i was heading down.

still with a greater understanding of what can do for highbrix, for all we know we will be making pre innoculised, compost tea made with mineral water for spraying the roots of an airobrix grow. no question is silly at this point and no technique to wild...

All this Hi Brix shit sounds super complicated and way too easy to fuck up somehow. It sounds cool, but sounds way too easy to just accidentally have too much P and bam, plants dead.

My lil plants seem to like their guanos. Maybe the mychazoms or w/e they are called dont. But meh.

Vappedogg is still the man however.

it only seems more complicated than it is because its in its pioneering stages.

you need to split what you have learned about hbx into 2 catagories.

1: the truth about how to grow a high brix grow. just the information you need to grow in this manner. like the blend of soil you need, when to plant in it, how to feed it afterwards. e.t.c

2: the huge mound of written garbage that is generated during the search for the above truth. at this stage in its development highbrix has a lot of half truths and right by accidents floating around, people are still figuring out the simplest way to do an indoor highbrix grow. highbrix isnt really designed for the rapid pace, indoor, disposable soil type style of growing we MJ growers are used to.

just think on it this way.

before life really took off on our planet, we were a burning hell fury of volcanoes covering the surface of the world. as this calmed down and the soil started to appear, the ground was litterally teeming with all sorts of prehistoric microbes and the soil would have been utterly saturated with all those lovely volcanic minerals. this soil, that all the amazing jungles of prehistoric times grew in, were almost certainly the perfect highbrix set up. it gives credence to some theories about how ancient humans may have lived longer due to their diet.

all high brix growing is, is an attempt to create a soil enviroment closer to that which was around when all plant life formed back at the begining of time. the enviroment back then was good enough to give birth to plants, so it can only make sense that modern plants would be much healthier if they grew in the same type of soil that birthed their very first ancestors ;)

My dad lives next to a volcano and he says the soil sucks lol :D.

Hehe well I like thee thought behind hi brix. It just currently does need some more research to figure it all out.

All this Hi Brix shit sounds super complicated and way too easy to fuck up somehow. It sounds cool, but sounds way too easy to just accidentally have too much P and bam, plants dead.

Once you read into the matter of P-phosphorus effecting mycorrhiza you will find that it only slows it down & does not kill it !

So far I have been fairly light on the P at least in comparison to N and K. However I was planning on upping the ante really soon and giving it a lot of Jamaican bat guano, a bit at almost every feeding. Maybe all my molasses and other crap will help keep the lil mycho things alive :D

https://www.plantswholesale.co.uk/modules/shop/images/RHSRootGrow.jpg - pic link of product

RHS Endorsed RootGrow Friendly Mycorrhizal Fungi (150g Pack)
Product Code: RHSRootGrow

Rootgrow is the ONLY planting treatment to be formally licensed and endorsed by the Royal Horticultural Society. Friendly mycorrhizal fungi, a second root system evolved to enhance your plants. Within 4 weeks your plant will grow a huge mycorrhizal fungi root system, which will support your plants for its entire lifetime.

(More...)

Benefits
RHS Gardeners have found plants treated with rootgrow have;
* Superior establishment with better natural vigour
* Overcome replant problems more successfully
* Are better able to cope with conditions of drought
* Have better developed root systems

I don't understand why everyone doesn't just use supersoil and water only along with some organic homeade compost teas.. Been growing in my supersoil mix for 5 years now and have the best buds I can imagine for personal. Simple mix such as: base mix: promise bx or sunshine mix #2 or other organic base mixes with mainly peat moss, perlite, verm an such. Then just add in some rock phosphates, garden lime, steamed bone meal or fish bones, blood meal, seaweeds, bloom bat guano small ammounts, earthworm castings, azomite, mychorizae, Epsom salts, alfalfa meal or kelp meal. Then just mix ur compost teas and feed occasionally. I'm just getting familiar with compost teas so I won't say much about those but there is tons of great info all around. FUCK chemicals, I will not smoke chemical grown pot no matter how good it looks or smells. Just an embarrassment to growing.

I guess High Brix growers don't do it, cause SuperSoil has excessive NPK and it's too hot to produce high brix weed. At least it's how I understand it.

High brix for veg and low and that is only adding 3 things to base nutes.. So Simple you guys overthinking this.
That last one was from today when I added the third thing.. 2 weeks after the 18 test

IMG_1941_1_1.JPG

24brix_001.JPG
77_030.JPG
cfd_0641.JPG
0013132.JPG
cfd_064.JPG

24brix_051.JPG

Back
Top Bottom