Uneven growth in hydro system

I don't think I should take the chance and leave it in the grow with the rest of the girls should I?

I seriously don't need my girls to get pollinated and ruin my whole first grow and yield.

Would you cut this one down based on what you see?

Thankfully, all the other plants have pistils showing, just one or two, but pistils never the less.

Defoliation time.
I just gave the girls a haircut, been awhile since I have done this, hope I didn't take off too much, what do you think?

There were alot of bud sites not getting any light, and some of the stalks were getting floppy, so I probably should have done this just before flipping. They are now 5 days into flower, hope they will be OK.

Is it too late to remove more leaves and small stems from the bottom part? I know your supposed to do that in veg.
I've lollipopped before, but it's been years, lol. I don't want to stress them too badly.

Did I remove enough leaves? How many is too many?

I'm already legal of course :)

Is it too late to remove more leaves and small stems from the bottom part? I know your supposed to do that in veg.
I've lollipopped before, but it's been years, lol. I don't want to stress them too badly.

Did I remove enough leaves? How many is too many?

I'm already legal of course :)
First give them a few days to recover a little. Then slowly every few days remove basically anything thing that isn’t getting light. Any leaves that aren’t getting light r wasting energy. Leaves that get light produce energy for the plant. The strain I am growing now I can kick the shit out of them and they will comeback for more. Very few strains r like this so let the pants tell u when it’s enough. If you r unfamiliar with the strains your have going be gentle with them. I myself try to do as little trimming after week 4 in flower as possible. I try to have them all trimmed up by the end of week 3. For me just touching up after that.

That's also an issue, I'm growing 5 different strains at once, should be interesting when harvest time comes as they aren't all going to be ready at the same time most likely.

The other issue I have is that since they vegged so long (45 days) they are flopping over and a few stems on the sides are definitely not getting much light.
Guess I'll have to string them up towards the light and trim a few more fan leaves so the bud sites are exposed.

Hope they stop stretching soon, I'm actually running out of room already, lights are way up at the top.

That's also an issue, I'm growing 5 different strains at once, should be interesting when harvest time comes as they aren't all going to be ready at the same time most likely.

The other issue I have is that since they vegged so long (45 days) they are flopping over and a few stems on the sides are definitely not getting much light.
Guess I'll have to string them up towards the light and trim a few more fan leaves so the bud sites are exposed.

Hope they stop stretching soon, I'm actually running out of room already, lights are way up at the top.
I flip at 12 to 14 inches and they end up being between 30 and 36 inches tall (just the plant)in my environment. They grow fast lol. At the end I end up with a 5 foot package bucket and plant. How tall is your tent??

PrimeGarden 96''X48''X80'' (8ft x 4ft x 80" tall) 600D tent. I got it pretty cheap on amazon.ca, it came with a small tear in the seam about an inch long, so they gave me 25% off rather than take a return :) Duct tape to the rescue.

I left it so long to flip because the plants in the soil were 1 week behind the others in the hydro, and were just too small to flip, I wanted to get a good yield from them too if possible.

I've actually already taken the ratchet hangers off, and hooked my LED light straight to the tent cross beam, and it is still only 20" from the tops of the plants. Viparspectra instructions for this 900W light say to keep the light 24 - 28" above the canopy in flower, DOH.

Unfortunately, one of my Harlequins was a male, so i juiced it today, and that one mutant green crack that I actually started this unintended grow journal about is still a spindly mutant (It probably won't produce much at all), so I'm kinda down 2 plants.

PrimeGarden 96''X48''X80'' (8ft x 4ft x 80" tall) 600D tent. I got it pretty cheap on amazon.ca, it came with a small tear in the seam about an inch long, so they gave me 25% off rather than take a return :) Duct tape to the rescue.

I left it so long to flip because the plants in the soil were 1 week behind the others in the hydro, and were just too small to flip, I wanted to get a good yield from them too if possible.

I've actually already taken the ratchet hangers off, and hooked my LED light straight to the tent cross beam, and it is still only 20" from the tops of the plants. Viparspectra instructions for this 900W light say to keep the light 24 - 28" above the canopy in flower, DOH.

Unfortunately, one of my Harlequins was a male, so i juiced it today, and that one mutant green crack that I actually started this unintended grow journal about is still a spindly mutant (It probably won't produce much at all), so I'm kinda down 2 plants.
Ya it’s going to get tight in there. Any chance of making a cheap scrog set up out of fishing line or string. Just to try to bend them a bit to keep them at bay. They may get unruly in there. Nothing quite like jumping in with both feet under pressure lol

How many days in flower?? How tall is the tallest plant without the bucket??

They went into flower on Aug 15, and the height of the tallest plant ( the green crack) is 28" from the top of the bucket, leaving 3ft from the top of the plant to the ceiling of the grow tent.

They appeared to be suddenly stretching before I even flipped them, and the light was actually lower than it should have been.

I know I'm gonna have some trouble with keeping distance from the light, and I tried so hard to avoid that with careful planning, not careful enough, lol.

I was kinda thinking of a late stage emergency scrogging :)

They went into flower on Aug 15, and the height of the tallest plant ( the green crack) is 28" from the top of the bucket, leaving 3ft from the top of the plant to the ceiling of the grow tent.

They appeared to be suddenly stretching before I even flipped them, and the light was actually lower than it should have been.

I know I'm gonna have some trouble with keeping distance from the light, and I tried so hard to avoid that with careful planning, not careful enough, lol.

I was kinda thinking of a late stage emergency scrogging :)
Sounds like a plan. The hps is brutal for Stretch I use a cool tube so I can lower my light when need b to combat the stretch But it’s a fine line for me between fighting stretch and cooking my plant tops. I am also looking into scroging in my new space as part of each grow. Between scroging topping and training I should be able to grow a even 8 bucket canopy I hope. That’s the plan anyways. In your case a little bending may b necessary lol

My HPS digital ballast is dimmable, but I'm always afraid to start messing with that stuff, I've had bulbs go dim or even pop before, which is why I wanted to try LED this time.

The plants in soil are still so much shorter than the hydro plants, it's quite amazing how different it is.

Yay, the 2 skunk candy are female :)

I've taken quite a bit of fan leaves from the bottom and on the insides of the plants, but not too many from the canopy area.

Do you think I should remove more form the canopy? How much is too much??
They are stretching good now.

Back
Top Bottom