Unfamiliar flowering & harvest

jaketheking

Hello
Thank you all for your great help in previous posts.

Some of my plants suddenly have white/yellow flowers, I'm not sure what they are, if it's normal.attached are images

Also, I think my plants are ready for harvest but I would like to hear how I can be sure.
The white hairs have turned brown, and the crystals are also starting to get darker.
Some buds are still white, so I won't harvest them yet..
IMG_20170808_155910.jpg
IMG_20170808_153801.jpg
IMG_20170808_153755.jpg
IMG_20170808_153749.jpg
IMG_20170808_155935.jpg
IMG_20170808_155932.jpg

re: Unfamiliar flowering & harvest

If you add some pics, I'll be happy to help. The white tips sound like hash tips, which are perfectly ok, the hairs turning amber is a good indication that harvest will be soon. Do you have a loupe, or macro lens to snap a couple close ups of the trichomes? That's truly how to tell if it's harvest time. The heads in the trichs go cloudy, then amber.

Would love to see some pictures so I could be one hundred percent sure but here we go this is what I'm pretty sure that's happened you have let your plant run a little too long and in the Plant World your plan has gone into it last stand for survival this causes them to produce bananas neeners or pollen sacs so it can pollinate itself or something that's nearby this is not caused by bad genetics this is caused by the plants chance for survival this is the reason that you are seeing your crystals get darker and not seeing many white hairs at all you need to get a Jeweler's loupe so you can check the crystals if you do not have a Jeweler's loupe you can use your cell phone get in as close as you can without making it blurry take a picture then go ahead and go to the picture and blow it up even more so you can check the crystals yourself this makes it a little bit easier but for me it would be easier once you put pictures up

THank you Hanna
i have uploaded some images. hope they are clear/

i do have a loupe, and i harvested those buds that have gone amber but am not sure about the clear or cloudy state.

is the amber state too late? is it better to harvest earlier ?

thanks

Better to harvest on time if you harvest you early it will be like smoking nothing if you harvest it too late it ends up like your pictures and hermaphrodites to try to make seeds when I came through the first time I was a little high and was impatient and did not sit and wait on the pictures to load but my brain still had it right

do the flowers mean it's too late? and if so ... what does that mean... in terms of smokeability :)

This means a couple different things but I'm going to start out with a simple one for you yes you can smoke it it will be plenty fine the pollen will not hurt you people smoke hermaphrodites all the time but yet yours is a hermaphrodite just due to being late but here's the interesting fact that I want to share with you I am a breeder for a dispensary and I will purposely let my plants run too long so that they make pollen sacs just like that I take those pollen sacs and I will sprinkle it on to one of my other ones that is just starting to flower and by doing this I create feminized seeds not hermaphrodite seeds feminized seeds and the difference is you're hermaphrodite happened because of survival not because of genetics so I guess what I'm trying to say is collect the pollen if you can and then the next round you go you can use that pollen on just a specific Bud pollinate that bud make your own Cross or whatever you do with it and then you have good Genetics seeds that you know we're going to be full female the next time around I hope this helps if you need any more explanation for it let me know but please Harvest it and smoke on

cool , wow you have a lot of knowladge :) thanks for helping.

Does the late harvest have any affect on the high ? i read somewhere that the different colors of the trichromes makes for different highs,,

If you have any other plants, you will want to harvest this one immediately! It appears to be a hermie. It can be pollinating other plants, and giving you a shit load of hermie seeds. You don't want to save those genetics. Cull it, wash/trim it, then dry it. It will still smoke just fine. Be sure to wash it though. The water deactivates the pollen.

Clear crystals you pretty much won't feel cloudy crystals give you a euphoric Good Feeling making you want to move around and actually do things and we're crystals are very sedating and we'll walk you to the couch if not put you to sleep mess with your brain making it tired me I like the amber crystals a lot more than the Cloudy ones but you are all good to go

Yes I have a lot of knowledge I have been doing this for 12 years legally but that's the whole reason I am on here is I have knowledge of things that I want to share with people I want to be able to answer most people's questions not giving them opinions trying to give them facts I have a book that I give to people on here it is called marijuana botany and it is about breeding and the plant's life if you would like one of these private message me and let me know

A hermaphrodite from old age and a hermaphrodite from stress will always make feminized seeds with an error of .91 percent being hermaphrodite the only time a hermaphrodite will make all hermaphrodites is if it is a hermaphrodite by genetics I make hermaphrodites in order to collect the pollen this is how I make feminized seeds I use pollen from one female plant to use it on to another female plant so every one of the seeds that he would find in there would be good to go for the next year

I have never heard of ANYONE on 420 magazine who actually uses hermie pollen, besides ih85. It's not usually recommended. It's not a common practice to use hermie pollen, in fact most.of the growers won't mess with it at all because it is embarrassing to have your plant try to become male, then pollinate itself. You can chose to buy into the .91%, but the growers will look down on you for doing it. Nobody will ever trade genetics with those seeds because we do not want hermie plants. That's my $0.02 worth.

I hate to inform you of this but you can go to any of these forums where people are breeding seeds and ask any of the Breeders how do you make feminized seeds they will give you an a quick very quick answer and the fact is you can make a solution out of colloidal silver and distilled water at a PPM of 60 two 90 you spray a branch of your plant for two to three weeks with this and it will make hermaphrodite flowers these flowers are then used to pollinate another female plant which is the way you make feminized seeds I have been doing this now for 12 years I would not encourage somebody to do something that I have not done myself another process that we use is to let the flowers go all the way through their flowering process to the end with no pollen involved this will cause a female in a last-ditch effort to stay alive and keep her genetics going she will pop female bananas out pollinating herself and staying alive just long enough to make her own female seeds exact replicas of herself drop them to the ground allowing mother nature to bring them back the next year if you think I'm nuts Google it I have very popular forms on here I have already taught multiple people on here how to breed seeds because seed banks as a tirely too much and the reason you do not hear of this much is most people do not want seeds of any kind in their cannabis as a breeder I like seeds

I hate to inform you of this but you can go to any of these forums where people are breeding seeds and ask any of the Breeders how do you make feminized seeds they will give you an a quick very quick answer and the fact is you can make a solution out of colloidal silver and distilled water at a PPM of 60 two 90 you spray a branch of your plant for two to three weeks with this and it will make hermaphrodite flowers these flowers are then used to pollinate another female plant which is the way you make feminized seeds I have been doing this now for 12 years I would not encourage somebody to do something that I have not done myself another process that we use is to let the flowers go all the way through their flowering process to the end with no pollen involved this will cause a female in a last-ditch effort to stay alive and keep her genetics going she will pop female bananas out pollinating herself and staying alive just long enough to make her own female seeds exact replicas of herself drop them to the ground allowing mother nature to bring them back the next year if you think I'm nuts Google it I have very popular forms on here I have already taught multiple people on here how to breed seeds because seed banks as a tirely too much and the reason you do not hear of this much is most people do not want seeds of any kind in their cannabis as a breeder I like seeds
12 years. Oooh, I should be shaking in my boots ffs! We are breeders. We make female pollen, not by forcing hermie, but by blocking the hormone that makes it female. The whole plant is still female, it makes female pollen that is free from genetic retardations like hermaphrodites. Just so you know we use STS and it takes 1-2 sprays usually a week apart. See Mr 12 years, you don't know it all. Maybe open your mind to new things. I mean 12 years ago people grew from trial and error, but it seems you are still in the error stage.

Like I was saying there is a lot of methods this is just one and it is more of a beginner's method I'm sorry you feel offended but I have been doing this for 12 years legally I run a dispensary in Albuquerque New Mexico and this is the way the state requires it those chemicals you use make it illegal for us to do anything we have to do this organically not by chemical process all I am doing is giving him a single option so he can make seeds I'm not giving him bad options do your research and you'll see how many people are actually doing it that way like I said sorry I offended you but this is how it is

I've never heard of washing so i would love one.

I think the other plants are almost ready to harvest.

Back
Top Bottom