Unidentified red/brown spots on leaves: It can be fungus so jump in and help

TriangleCheese

Hey folks,

I have these spots for a while and I couldn't really get what is actually wrong. It looks like P deficiency but I got the pH right and I have been feeding mild. I am afraid of leaf septoria but I have a nice air circulation in the tent so it is probably a deficiency. I am using Biobizz FishMix as main veg nute and I know that it has P in it. I am always feeding with pH 5.8-5.9 and using Coco. Just wanted to post here to be safe.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :passitleft:

Thanks for your response. It looks like fungus right? Any fungicide you can suggest? I think can find an equivalent here. Or I guess I can use potassium bicarbonate or hydrogen peroxide.

I have heard of that, never tried it though.
I had a 4 foot tall bag seed plant growing in the woods near home and it got a moderate case of pm, it was on quite a few leaves, luckily still in veg. Asked a long time outdoor grower what to do. Gave her the milk treatment next mid morning (important to do it in the light apparently). 2 days later you would never have known about either the PM or the milk treatment, I was quite impressed.. I think it was 8:1 water to milk (I used whole milk) if I remember right.

Just found this on a grow website. Looks just like my leaves. Can it be Magnesium deficiency? I am feeding them with minimal amounts of Advanced Nutrients Cal/Mag. I have increased the amount 4-5 days ago but I cropped more leaves with spots today. I thought FishMix had enough Cal/Mag in it but apparently not. Do you guys think this case is caused by Mg deficiency?

Magnesium (Mg):
-Commonly deficient in Cannabis
-Yellowing of lower leaves progressing upwards with severity
-Interveinal yellowing
-Rust brown patches on leaf margins, tips and between veins

488701198-thumb_mg-def_1.jpg

I had a 4 foot tall bag seed plant growing in the woods near home and it got a moderate case of pm, it was on quite a few leaves, luckily still in veg. Asked a long time outdoor grower what to do. Gave her the milk treatment next mid morning (important to do it in the light apparently). 2 days later you would never have known about either the PM or the milk treatment, I was quite impressed.. I think it was 8:1 water to milk (I used whole milk) if I remember right.
I love it... a natural bacteriological attack. Now I want to try it!

Just found this on a grow website. Looks just like my leaves. Can it be Magnesium deficiency? I am feeding them with minimal amounts of Advanced Nutrients Cal/Mag. I have increased the amount 4-5 days ago but I cropped more leaves with spots today. I thought FishMix had enough Cal/Mag in it but apparently not. Do you guys think this case is caused by Mg deficiency?

Magnesium (Mg):
-Commonly deficient in Cannabis
-Yellowing of lower leaves progressing upwards with severity
-Interveinal yellowing
-Rust brown patches on leaf margins, tips and between veins

488701198-thumb_mg-def_1.jpg
That looks a lot different... those rusted areas are crispy and gone and dead... crinkly even. Your leaves are not doing this, they are mottled and discolored, but not yet necrotic.

I love it... a natural bacteriological attack. Now I want to try it!

As far as I know, vinegar kills some of the beneficial growth in your rootzone so you might want to think twice before adding it into your medium. Vinegar also kills leaves or plants themselves. I think you should only apply that to the infected area. Good thing it is natural but not totally safe.

That looks a lot different... those rusted areas are crispy and gone and dead... crinkly even. Your leaves are not doing this, they are mottled and discolored, but not yet necrotic.

These pictures were taken with photo-flash on. I got lots of other leaves looking exactly the same. I will share some more tomorrow. Do you think that picture from that grow website is a good example of Mg deficiency?

Back
Top Bottom