Uniontown Man Reports Bad Stash Of Weed To Police

Jim Finnel

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex News Moderator
Uniontown police said they received a call from a man reporting a bad stash of marijuana he bought off the street.

The 21-year-old Uniontown man told police he bought a small amount of what he thought was marijuana but said it had a bad taste and he wanted police to check it out.

Police confiscated the leafy substance and determined it was not marijuana. They said it might be a kitchen spice.

Officers charged the man with possession of a look-a-like drug.

Police declined to release his name.

No other arrests have been made. The investigation continues.

NewsHawk: User: 420 MAGAZINE
Source: thepittsburghchannel.com
Copyright: 2010 Hearst Stations Inc.
Website: Uniontown Man Reports Bad Stash Of Weed To Police - News Story - WTAE Pittsburgh

This sounds like the Onion more then real,I was not aware you could get busted for getting burned ,I would have though the cop would have had a good laugh and gone on they way.
br

I have herd of the seller of fake drugs being arrested, I guess it is intent? IDK but it is stupid to waste the money on charging someone for simple stupidity as is the guy who calls the police to check to see if he got ripped off on a drug deal,
but I have to add stupid is born into the person that stupid.
JMO.

Police will try to arrest everyone they meet and just let the prosecution and judges sort it out. Don't call the police unless it is a last resort.

Don't call the police for anything, it's best to handle it yourself especially if it's about MJ lol. I wonder what in the hell the young kid was smoking to make him call the police with his bad batch of weed he purchased.... People are getting dumber these days

Don't call the police for anything, it's best to handle it yourself especially if it's about MJ lol. I wonder what in the hell the young kid was smoking to make him call the police with his bad batch of weed he purchased.... People are getting dumber these days

It may not be a popular opinion here but if a friend of mine ever buys weed and it hurts him as in posioning or being sold a look a like plant that is harmful to humans and it lands him in the hospital I am afraid at that point I turn rat if a person is selling weed they sell weed they dont go out into the forest and find some wild plant that looks like bud when dried that turns out to be toxic they are going down hard.

Rippers suck here in canada it seems to me they have hit an inordinate amount of medical patients when you consider there are only like 4000 of use licenced to grow and so many of them have been found out by ripper gangs it makes me think they have someone inside Health canada or several somones affiliated with different groups who are making money by giving out locations as well as when licences were issued as this will give rippers a good idea when a harvest will be ready if they know when the person started growing legally and if it was indoor or outdoor not to mention the security info we have to give them on how we plan to protect our gardens , hell it wouldnt even surprise me if the ripper gangs were just young cops who are using there knowledge of legal grows to make extra cash , I even saw one show where they were interviewing the mayor of Forks BC and he had 2 greenhouses cleaned out and the camera crew caught the rippers on tape there faces were covered and they were all wearing the same thing but all they did was get a bit agressive and tell the people get back in the house ,they clear cut the guys plants and were gone and to kick it all off the mayors next door neighbour less then half mile away was an rcmp officer.

power company employee's have a lot of important information right at their fingertips, and probably aren't paid real well...

It may not be a popular opinion here but if a friend of mine ever buys weed and it hurts him as in posioning or being sold a look a like plant that is harmful to humans and it lands him in the hospital I am afraid at that point I turn rat if a person is selling weed they sell weed they dont go out into the forest and find some wild plant that looks like bud when dried that turns out to be toxic they are going down hard.

I agree. Why do people sell fake marijuana in the first place? Yes it would be best to get the cops involved if your life is on the line.

As for the topic: The cops arrested the man for possession of a look a like drug? Come on! That's far out! Maybe the man thought he won't be charged if it's not really marijuana that's why he called the cops. Weird news ever!

If someone sold me a "look alike" as soon as i got done hitting myself in the head for being a MORON , the least of there problems would be the police!

I thought only people who smoked something else were THAT stupid.

I'm just sitting here trying to figure out how that could possibly have been anything other than a LOSE/LOSE situation, and I've got nothing. I mean... If the other possible thing had happened... "No sir, that really IS marijuana. It's just pretty sh*tty and wasn't flushed properly. But that's ok, we still get to arrest you." Or... "<COUGH>Yeah, it's marijuana. We think, hold on while we check again. <COUGH><COUGH> Yup, primo. It just tastes like cat p*ss because, well, it just does. You're under arrest."

But instead, he got, "You're correct. It's not bud. Not even sh*tty Mexican dirt-weed. You got ripped off, made a fool of, and you furthered things by asking us to tell you if you were really that stupid. You're under arrest - and BtW, the answer is, 'Yes, you really ARE.'"

I don't have a problem with that attitude. I'd probably handle things myself in such a situation, but I understand that some folks are either not suitably equipped or are of a different mindset. I wouldn't use terms like rat or narc, either. A crime is committed, you call Johnny. That's what he's for, lol. That and - apparently - giving me written notice approximately twice per year that, yes, whatever beat-up PoS I happen to be driving at the time really will go that fast.

I tend to like the "call a few buddies and handle it ourselves" option as opposed to getting the law involved, though if it comes to that I wouldn't hesitate. Then again I tend to get pissed at greedy little cheats.

Yeah but handling it with a few buddies option doesnt get as much publicity as police arrests man for selling toxic plant as high grade marijuana , your way stops him and make you feel better letting cops in on it and media at least that way it gets out and people will know to look out for suspicous looking weed cause I have seen lots of plants that grow flowers similar in appearance to cannabis , Cat nip for one and then all those herbal alternatives in High Times but up close you can tell it just doesnt look right

I thought only people who smoked something else were THAT stupid.

I'm just sitting here trying to figure out how that could possibly have been anything other than a LOSE/LOSE situation, and I've got nothing. I mean... If the other possible thing had happened... "No sir, that really IS marijuana. It's just pretty sh*tty and wasn't flushed properly. But that's ok, we still get to arrest you." Or... "<COUGH>Yeah, it's marijuana. We think, hold on while we check again. <COUGH><COUGH> Yup, primo. It just tastes like cat p*ss because, well, it just does. You're under arrest."

But instead, he got, "You're correct. It's not bud. Not even sh*tty Mexican dirt-weed. You got ripped off, made a fool of, and you furthered things by asking us to tell you if you were really that stupid. You're under arrest - and BtW, the answer is, 'Yes, you really ARE.'"

I don't have a problem with that attitude. I'd probably handle things myself in such a situation, but I understand that some folks are either not suitably equipped or are of a different mindset. I wouldn't use terms like rat or narc, either. A crime is committed, you call Johnny. That's what he's for, lol. That and - apparently - giving me written notice approximately twice per year that, yes, whatever beat-up PoS I happen to be driving at the time really will go that fast.

HEH I like that about the car and it is true wouldnt be like your calling the 5-0 because of weed your calling them cause soemone is passing off poison to people who dont know any better no diffferent then those wierdos who put razors in apples this time of year.

And one thing is they never once mention in this article how many tokes it took him to realize it wasnt pot That is what i really want to know because aside from the part that somone is scum its funny anyone who knows anything about pot couldnt tell he was getting ripped off by visual and ofactory inspection what would suck though is if it was some guy who wanted to try pot for first tiem got ripped off and then because he was afraid he bought poison then gets busted now I feel really sad cause if that was the case whoever purpotrated this act just could have made a life long anti weed crusader.
The guy could go on from here and become a DEA Thug and spend the rest of his life putting 14 year olds in rehab or youth detention because they can score good weed when he couldnt.

Back
Top Bottom