Unknown issue please help!

Doc166

420 Member
Hi, doc I’m new here.
I’m growing photoperiod white widow in soil she is in flower week 3.
I used fox farm nutrients and follow their feeding schedule. After giving week 3 of flower feeding , my girl top leaves started turning browning and curling up. Idk what type of deficiency or problem this might be. Can anyone help? I really wanna see her thru to harvest
Day temp 80F
Night temp 73-76F
Humidity 44%
Water: 2x per week - pH 6.5
Light: 12/12 (spiderfarm sf-1000 LED , 24in above plant)

D1A6B7E7-4A4D-48BF-B132-B283788A86BD.jpeg

43F11A87-7419-4DAE-AD37-A83D5F8C49F8.jpeg

This is common problem/results with fox farm nutrients. They have amazing nutrients but a lot of growers raeely tend to flush between feeds and it builds up some toxicity. If I recall they told me feed , flush , flush and it corrected my patients similar problem and the new growth looked great. His next grow using FF looked amazing as I made sure to drill in his head feed flush flush (he was stubborn at first).

Your plants look good otherwise, they are still totally viable. Token suggested calmag , do that on the flush and then follow it a couple days later with just ph'd water. It is good to test your runoff or do a soil test and see if it is still built up in there.

Good luck eh!

This is common problem/results with fox farm nutrients. They have amazing nutrients but a lot of growers raeely tend to flush between feeds and it builds up some toxicity. If I recall they told me feed , flush , flush and it corrected my patients similar problem and the new growth looked great. His next grow using FF looked amazing as I made sure to drill in his head feed flush flush (he was stubborn at first).

Your plants look good otherwise, they are still totally viable. Token suggested calmag , do that on the flush and then follow it a couple days later with just ph'd water. It is good to test your runoff or do a soil test and see if it is still built up in there.

Good luck eh!
Thank you! This is kinda my first time grow (the first 2 grows my parents found and threw away right before flower). The only time I flushed was between the veg/flower switch. I will try flushing with cal-mag before my next feed and then follow your flush flush feed advice. Thank you again!

Yes, I use cal-mag 5ml with every feed. When I don’t she shows signs of cal/mg deficiency.
Thank you! This is kinda my first time grow (the first 2 grows my parents found and threw away right before flower). The only time I flushed was between the veg/flower switch. I will try flushing with cal-mag before my next feed and then follow your flush flush feed advice. Thank you again!
Gj Doc , and get ready they will start growing fast soon, you're at the booster stage

ok need to correct terminology here…… there is a huge diffence between giving your chicks a plain water session and doing a flush. A flush is pouring 3 times the volume of the container down the hatch, so that’s 15 gallons water for a 5 gallon bucket of soil.

As far as I am aware there are zero nutrients companies that tell you to feed, flush, flush. They might be telling you to feed, water, water but never should anyone be doing feed, flush, flush unless you spilled motor oil or battery acid on your crew.

Yes there is a case for flushing - when the nute maker has included that in their feed chart. Absolutely FF suggests this at certain stages during the grow, and yup flushing can fix some soil problems…but flushing is not the answer to everything….

the brown tips just are, meaning yup they exist and show your nutes are working. But nothing, I repeat nothing…. will repair the damaged leaves. It’s really hard as a grower, we are impatient and want our chicks to deliver flowers….we think we gotta be doing something cuz doing nothing is bad…. but you gotta slow down to plant speed and learn how to garden with your hands in your pockets…. observe but don’t touch

This is her flowering moment and she is sucking every drop of resources she can get her roots on…. she is even pulling stored nutes back out of her fans.…..so instead of washing resources out the bottom of her bucket - might want to make sure she has plenty to munch on……

checking her runoff numbers is pointless, if you are concerned about ph or ppm numbers then worry about what ph or ppm you are pouring into the media not what runs out the bottom ….

your chicks look fine, sure I’ve seen better but also much worse. It would be great if every plant finished up picture perfect…. but most come in with yellowed up leaves and kinda ragged looking. Once you are in flower it’s hard to pull out of a deficiency….

you are doing great - keep after it!!!

BTW’s Doc166, it’s great to have you onboard….!!!

ok need to correct terminology here…… there is a huge diffence between giving your chicks a plain water session and doing a flush. A flush is pouring 3 times the volume of the container down the hatch, so that’s 15 gallons water for a 5 gallon bucket of soil.

As far as I am aware there are zero nutrients companies that tell you to feed, flush, flush. They might be telling you to feed, water, water but never should anyone be doing feed, flush, flush unless you spilled motor oil or battery acid on your crew.

Yes there is a case for flushing - when the nute maker has included that in their feed chart. Absolutely FF suggests this at certain stages during the grow, and yup flushing can fix some soil problems…but flushing is not the answer to everything….

the brown tips just are, meaning yup they exist and show your nutes are working. But nothing, I repeat nothing…. will repair the damaged leaves. It’s really hard as a grower, we are impatient and want our chicks to deliver flowers….we think we gotta be doing something cuz doing nothing is bad…. but you gotta slow down to plant speed and learn how to garden with your hands in your pockets…. observe but don’t touch

This is her flowering moment and she is sucking every drop of resources she can get her roots on…. she is even pulling stored nutes back out of her fans.…..so instead of washing resources out the bottom of her bucket - might want to make sure she has plenty to munch on……

checking her runoff numbers is pointless, if you are concerned about ph or ppm numbers then worry about what ph or ppm you are pouring into the media not what runs out the bottom ….

your chicks look fine, sure I’ve seen better but also much worse. It would be great if every plant finished up picture perfect…. but most come in with yellowed up leaves and kinda ragged looking. Once you are in flower it’s hard to pull out of a deficiency….

you are doing great - keep after it!!!

BTW’s Doc166, it’s great to have you onboard….!!!
Everyone just says flush when they mean watering but it's a good point since terminology is used a lot in forums it is a good idea to keep it proper as not to confuse new growers.

Future Harvest uses the term flush between feeds but they mean watering. Big Mike from AN slips up calling watering flush as well so it is a good idea to ask questions if you have uncertainty.

I was thinking the pot looks pretty small for the size of plant
Remember in the early 2000's we used to have contests on how big of plants we could grow in solo cups. Some were close to the size of Doc's plants lol but it was like playing with matches while being covered in gas , the plants were always just one small mistake away from disaster forcing small root space to supply a big plant with everything it needs.

I am seeing a multitude of issues - both deficiency and excess. A lot of the larger fan leaves are very dark green. That, and the clawing of some of the smaller upper leaves, suggests excess N. I also see obvious Mg def (interveinal paling and necrosis) and some minor K def (browning and necrosis along leaf margins). And, there is leaf tip necrosis, which, if only on lower to mid leaves, would also indicate K def, but since it’s also on the upper leaves, this suggests that K was elevated to excess recently. It’s the element typically responsible for “nute burn”.

Very confusing. To me, it seems to indicate the need for a flush/reset to resolve a lock out. How many of these products are you using? And are you performing the suggested flushes (like between veg and bloom)?

E49DFA15-B10A-4ACA-9295-696828C458DA.jpeg

As an aside, I would advise you to not conduct a clandestine grow in your parents house. Besides any legal consequences to them and their property if you live in a prohibition state, there is the very real risk of fire, which you would hate to be responsible for if it happens.
:green_heart:

Remember in the early 2000's we used to have contests on how big of plants we could grow in solo cups. Some were close to the size of Doc's plants lol but it was like playing with matches while being covered in gas , the plants were always just one small mistake away from disaster forcing small root space to supply a big plant with everything it needs.
I agree , I've seen some fantastic grows in small pots , though ive also seen a lot of clawing top and bottom when the shit hits the fan :laugh:
I wonder what size the pot is ? looks about 3 gallon i used to use three gallon for coco but moved up to 5 and to 7.5 gallon soilless /coco/peat base , UK Gallon and growing Autos
I also wonder how quick the water is used by the plant

Back
Top Bottom