420 Magazine Background

Unknown purple grow - genetics or deficiency?

Dr. 215

wow beautiful plant!

riverrat

my opinion it is the genetics because the plant looks to healthy to have a deficency that would change the color that hard. Is this just bagseeds or a strain you could find something out about.

StormChaos

i need more seeds that end up doing this, could the same seeds yield no purple at all if used again?

Well, its possible you had a rare pheno type from whatever bag-seed plant you were growing... or it could have been a matter of environmental factors - ie colder nights - like dropping by 20 degrees.

Hitting a rare pheno type is like hitting the lottery.... you end up with basically an elite clone only strain, and/or something to be bred with.... you could grow 100's or more of the same batch of bag seeds and never see that exact pheno again.

What I like to do when growing from seeds... is to label each plant, take cuttings... and keep a rooted cutting incase you hit something special. Obviously space requirements are of a concern and this is more for personal grows than commercial grows and is alot easier if you have a dozen plants or soo.... but keep the harvest separate and labeled... that special plant might be in the high, smell and/or taste... not necessarily just the way it looks.

Top Bottom