Size of light? 24 inch flor, a cfl, and sunlight during the day
Is it aircooled? yea
Temp of Room/cab? good enough
RH of Room/cab? N/A
PH of media or res? N/A
Any Pests ? N/A
How often are you watering? dirt is dry
Type and strength of ferts used? Ironite, N/A

This is a test of lst I wanna do it for myself so I get a hang of it, if it benefits me I will consider using on my lemon skunk. So any tips, point out my faults IS greatly appreciated. Here are some pics thanks:thanks:

IMG_10117.JPG
IMG_10108.JPG

IMG_101213.JPG
IMG_101313.JPG
IMG_101512.JPG

Looks good, on the last pic tho ur LST is on the new growth if u can move it down just a tad to allow air and light to get on that new growth it will grow more steadly, she has some burnin as well on her new fan leafs so watch out for that and looks like u need a little more (N)

Thanks GMP

If ya don't mind, I'm in for this one also!!! Great job on the LST with the girls exile!! Within a week you should see a solid 3-5 tops starting to push up towards the light. The key I found is to keep constant LST going, everytime they grow up a few inches, tie them back down. Each time you force the horizontal growth, it signals to the plant to push the auxillary nodes upwards causing more and more tops... pretty soon you will have a cannabush!!! I find with LST, I don't even have a need to top/fim or cut the plant, just lots of LST and supercropping in early flower :)

Looking good on that LST job there exile. I agree and second what icemud said. Keep up the Lst training. When i was training mine i was adjusting the strings just about everyday. What i would do is once the lowest growth gets long enough i would train that to the opposite side of the pot as the main top. I did some topping and fimming on the side branches just to get it a little bushier. But all looks well to me keep up the good work. :goodjob:

when can I start trimming fan leaves or can I tie them back somehow? and thanks again everyone. How can you lst if you top or fim cause they branch out, how would I do that, just the same as the main one?

when can I start trimming fan leaves or can I tie them back somehow? and thanks again everyone. How can you lst if you top or fim cause they branch out, how would I do that, just the same as the main one?

Yeah as soon as the the new tops grow out after you FIM then you can train them. I wouldn't worry about pulling any fan leaves or anything. Most people do some pulling around 21 days into flower, I made that mistake this time and advise against it. At least against doing it heavily. Just pull stuff that is over 50% dead or wilted and the rest should stay.

I also agree about the defoliation. Besides lollipopping (which is removing all the lower branches and leaves that will never reach light) I would refrain from removing any leaves unless you are not getting adiquit light to budsights, or you are working in a scrog type grow where your foliage becomes too dense for proper airflow and light.

I have heard of techniques of twisting off the tips of your fan leaves, throughout the entire grow, and it will produce an ugly looking plant, but also stresses it which raises THC, supposedly...just hearsay until I try it or confirm the evidence though :)

I found that with LST and things are getting a little tricky to tie down, or the branches are all getting too smooshed together. Untie your girl for a day or 2, she will restructure herself upwards towards the light and open up, and then you can re-tie her down having a little more room to work, now that she opened up for you slightly. :) This will allow you to see gaps in the foliage, and adjust your branch directions properly :)

Wow thanks I heard of supper cropping which is like twisting fan leave tips off, I will definitely take some of your suggestions thanks guys.

Wow thanks I heard of supper cropping which is like twisting fan leave tips off, I will definitely take some of your suggestions thanks guys.

supercropping is actually semi-breaking the branches to force more stronger branching and larger cola's in flowering, mainly used for height control, but I use quite a bit in flowering to increase yield :)

Yea I am its pretty big, it might not look it but if I took a far away pic its good for my growing conditions being a "closet grower". But thanks and yea LST looks promising, all the techniques fimming and topping are good.

Back
Top Bottom