Unprepared First Timer

Can't really blame her for that-just having no power is bad enough.
maybe put "get third lantern" on your shopping list...;)

Can't really blame her for that-just having no power is bad enough.
maybe put "get third lantern" on your shopping list...;)

I don't blame her either. She has been really cool about the whole growing thing. She said as long as it doesn't smell the house up she's cool with it. The Lil Ladies are already a bit smelly and they are still vegging. Which surprised me a bit to be honest.

I apologized to her as the tent is open in the basement so every room that has a vent in it upstairs you can smell them a little bit. Not bad, just enough to make you question if they're there ya know? She said it's fine as we can't control that right now. Love that lady so much.

And we plan on getting a few. Luckily the two we have had some oil in them still.

Love that lady so much.
That's so cool-Mrs.C and I have been married happily for 44 years-she's the best thing that ever happened to me-I kid her that she's the lucky one,but I know that I am...

That's so cool-Mrs.C and I have been married happily for 44 years-she's the best thing that ever happened to me-I kid her that she's the lucky one,but I know that I am...

Congratulations on the long happy marriage.
Mrs. TBuds always tells me that I'm the best thing to ever happen to her (aside from our children), and I tell her that if it wasn't for her I wouldn't be the man I am today. We're happily moving onto our fifth year of being married (I know, we are just whippersnappers) and I couldn't be more lucky. I'm looking forward to being able brag about being together for 44 years someday.

Sounds like all our wife's are great and we love em too bits letting us do our gardening to keep us happy and well done on 44 years that's a long time, me and my wife have just passed the 4 year mark and would to hit 44 years but honestly don't think I'll be here that long lol

I bought this power adapter made by Peak as a back up just in case we do the hurricane thing this year. Couldn't purchase a generator like I wanted so this will do. It runs off your car battery and has outlets etc. Told Mr. N that with our battery charger we could get a truck battery and keep it charged to run the unit if a prolonged outage is expected or just use the car for a bit.

You need to be mindful of the amp draw when using an inverter-a 2 amp 110 volt AC draw will draw 20 amps of 12 volt DC-that will kill a fully charged battery in about 2 hours.
A 100 watt 110volt AC(incandescent) bulb draws about one amp-that's a 10 amp draw on an inverter.
So anything you use for light should be LED.
You probably already know this,I'm just making sure-don't want you
to get caught in the dark:)

Thank you. We always have flash lights, candles and solar powered lights too. We try to be prepared. We just figured a back up plan for short term, intermittent use can't do harm. I took a snapshot if your post just to make sure I don't screw up if I ever use it. Still in it's package.

Found a 2010 thread on a Google search about Hermi Reverse see attached for details.
Screenshot_2019-07-20-22-48-40.png

I bought this power adapter made by Peak as a back up just in case we do the hurricane thing this year. Couldn't purchase a generator like I wanted so this will do. It runs off your car battery and has outlets etc. Told Mr. N that with our battery charger we could get a truck battery and keep it charged to run the unit if a prolonged outage is expected or just use the car for a bit.

Ms. N, good morning and about the possibility of a new battery?

Please check into a "Marine Deep Cell " battery, it will give the best bang for your buck. Since your in hurricane season, I would get two.

Just my trucking opinion on batteries.

Wick

Power is back on and everything is up and running! Now to get the humidity level in check.

Hang in there TB, it's going to be alright.
Sending you good vibes your way.

:welcome: to :420: Tiny :passitleft:...May I offer some suggestions :rofl: too bad, I'm gona give 'em anyhow :rofl::rofl::rofl:
I started the same way TB and I'll give you some insight :hmmmm::hmmmm: ...first the space you have planned :reading420magazine: not big enough and it's going to be expensive :thedoubletake::thedoubletake: more expensive than a good tent :idea: a tent you can move if need be :slide:

I started in a closet with some cheap CFLs and I spent more on the white "Semi Gloss" paint, homemade hoods and CFL bulbs than I did on 2 tents a 1000 watt and a 600 watt HID with all the duct and fans.........I'm just saying, If I had it to do over again, I'd go with tents and good lighting....and you'll need to cheack the output from the wall on those LEDs I guarantee it's not a 1000 watts, maybe 300 max...Oh well just my 2 cents :snowboating::goodluck:
What brand lighting and hoods do you recommend?

Mars-Hydro is a sponsor and @SmokeSara can answer any questions that you may have. Mars-Hydro, runs a lot of free contests and giveaways. You may want to check them out.
Good vibes going your way. :thumb:

Wick :morenutes:

Well I have old school HIDs and they work great if you can control the heat :thumb: plus they're hundreds less than LEDs, COBs, or QBs...but when prices come down I may try one :snowboating:

Mars-Hydro is a sponsor and @SmokeSara can answer any questions that you may have. Mars-Hydro, runs a lot of free contests and giveaways. You may want to check them out.
Good vibes going your way. :thumb:

Wick :morenutes:
Hi John, thanks for the recommendation. :D

Back
Top Bottom