Unprepared First Timer

TinyBuds

I'm a first time "grower", who got into it completely unprepared.

Long story short, my brother got a bunch of random seeds from his friend, and they have been sitting in my cupboard for a few months.

I was bored one day so I chucked a few seeds into an old flower pot my wife had sitting on the deck to see what would happen. Surprise surprise, when you put seeds into soil they grow. The wife didn't like the idea of them being outside, so I moved them inside to the basement.

I'm in the process of getting the stuff I need to properly take care of the (hopefully) Lil Ladies.

As it stands right now I have them inside with 8 5000k LED light bulbs I had laying around. (Getting proper lights is at the top of my to-do list, along with building a small "closet" to grow in)

Any advice or tips would be appreciated, hopefully this will turn into a good learning experience and I am already excited for my first "proper" grow after these Ladies.

Attachments

• 97C053EE-263E-4947-B0C4-2261B0466A6C.jpeg
    97C053EE-263E-4947-B0C4-2261B0466A6C.jpeg
    626.6 KB · Views: 272
  • C1499172-689E-457F-AAC1-84B49A9AEE6D.jpeg
    C1499172-689E-457F-AAC1-84B49A9AEE6D.jpeg
    1,023.7 KB · Views: 341
  • 5FC7D772-3C56-4C4D-A633-D116AF23875E.jpeg
    5FC7D772-3C56-4C4D-A633-D116AF23875E.jpeg
    815 KB · Views: 253
  • 4F155C78-E2F3-4C11-8896-5F3D7F2B24DE.jpeg
    4F155C78-E2F3-4C11-8896-5F3D7F2B24DE.jpeg
    651.9 KB · Views: 247
  • B3C9FFA2-C0C6-46EB-9BDE-3D37830B2789.jpeg
    B3C9FFA2-C0C6-46EB-9BDE-3D37830B2789.jpeg
    768.8 KB · Views: 313
  • 8D106D56-2EEA-4C4A-A792-BAA1E39FBF2A.jpeg
    8D106D56-2EEA-4C4A-A792-BAA1E39FBF2A.jpeg
    529.8 KB · Views: 323
  • E24F3AE9-A1DB-4BAA-A26A-0DEE33682411.jpeg
    E24F3AE9-A1DB-4BAA-A26A-0DEE33682411.jpeg
    445.7 KB · Views: 317
  • 7E1E4EA5-8AB2-4B8E-923F-8F42F206D34B.jpeg
    7E1E4EA5-8AB2-4B8E-923F-8F42F206D34B.jpeg
    663.9 KB · Views: 288
  • B04F3CD3-633E-4BCA-9D7F-C67FFCA311E1.jpeg
    B04F3CD3-633E-4BCA-9D7F-C67FFCA311E1.jpeg
    670.9 KB · Views: 296
  • 3CC6EA02-DEE6-4932-A269-E76C0EC75754.jpeg
    3CC6EA02-DEE6-4932-A269-E76C0EC75754.jpeg
    542.7 KB · Views: 269
How many of those do you intend on trying to finish and how big is your grow room? You may want to consider some panda film for your walls or some white paint even to help reflect light. Are you gonna get more lights? Those probably aren't gonna be able to make through to finish.

How many of those do you intend on trying to finish and how big is your grow room? You may want to consider some panda film for your walls or some white paint even to help reflect light. Are you gonna get more lights? Those probably aren't gonna be able to make through to finish.

The plan is to build either a 3x3 or a 4x4 space for them, but I have more space I can use if I need to. I'm planning on using flat white paint for the walls when I get it build, that small box was just tossed together with some scraps I had.

I don't know how many of them are actually female at the moment. I was hoping for about 3-4 plants when I started. If I have more than that I know someone who grows outside and they will take them.

I plan on grabbing a Maxsisun 1000w LED grow light off Amazon for now, and upgrading before my second grow, where I'll have all my ducks in a row.

I have some Alaska Fish Fertilizer which is a 5-1-1.

Sounds good. Idk much bout that fertilizer and if it's sufficient to use throughout the grow for cannabis TBH. It may be, idk. You can get nutes that are for cannabis specifically fairly cheap. You'll need a carbon filter and fan for your room to exchange air

Sounds good. Idk much bout that fertilizer and if it's sufficient to use throughout the grow for cannabis TBH. It may be, idk. You can get nutes that are for cannabis specifically fairly cheap. You'll need a carbon filter and fan for your room to exchange air

It was leftover from some tomatoes we had growing outside. I figured it would work for the first few feeds. I've been eyeballing the FoxFarm nutrients. I'll more than likely pick them up in the next week or so.

Look in my signature below at the helpful links link and then click on "how to ask for grow support" and also "how to make a grow journal". Come back here and post the info about your grow then later on make a journal (or whatever, just give us more info).

BTW, welcome. You've come to a great place to learn and get help.

Look in my signature below at the helpful links link and then click on "how to ask for grow support" and also "how to make a grow journal". Come back here and post the info about your grow then later on make a journal (or whatever, just give us more info).

BTW, welcome. You've come to a great place to learn and get help.

I'll read through them on my down time tonight. Thank you.

Welcome to 420. You have a lot of plants, "Johnny Appleseed" :)
Looking forward to seeing what's next!

Cheers

Wick:morenutes:

Doing pretty damn well for someone who just chucked in a few seeds they had

Thanks! The ladies have been very forgiving of my blunders. I can't wait to get a proper space set up for them to thrive.

The plan is to build either a 3x3 or a 4x4 space for them, but I have more space I can use if I need to. I'm planning on using flat white paint for the walls when I get it build, that small box was just tossed together with some scraps I had.

I don't know how many of them are actually female at the moment. I was hoping for about 3-4 plants when I started. If I have more than that I know someone who grows outside and they will take them.

I plan on grabbing a Maxsisun 1000w LED grow light off Amazon for now, and upgrading before my second grow, where I'll have all my ducks in a row.

I have some Alaska Fish Fertilizer which is a 5-1-1.
:welcome: to :420: Tiny :passitleft:...May I offer some suggestions :rofl: too bad, I'm gona give 'em anyhow :rofl::rofl::rofl:
I started the same way TB and I'll give you some insight :hmmmm::hmmmm: ...first the space you have planned :reading420magazine: not big enough and it's going to be expensive :thedoubletake::thedoubletake: more expensive than a good tent :idea: a tent you can move if need be :slide:

I started in a closet with some cheap CFLs and I spent more on the white "Semi Gloss" paint, homemade hoods and CFL bulbs than I did on 2 tents a 1000 watt and a 600 watt HID with all the duct and fans.........I'm just saying, If I had it to do over again, I'd go with tents and good lighting....and you'll need to cheack the output from the wall on those LEDs I guarantee it's not a 1000 watts, maybe 300 max...Oh well just my 2 cents :snowboating::goodluck:

:welcome: to :420: Tiny :passitleft:...May I offer some suggestions :rofl: too bad, I'm gona give 'em anyhow :rofl::rofl::rofl:
I started the same way TB and I'll give you some insight :hmmmm::hmmmm: ...first the space you have planned :reading420magazine: not big enough and it's going to be expensive :thedoubletake::thedoubletake: more expensive than a good tent :idea: a tent you can move if need be :slide:

I started in a closet with some cheap CFLs and I spent more on the white "Semi Gloss" paint, homemade hoods and CFL bulbs than I did on 2 tents a 1000 watt and a 600 watt HID with all the duct and fans.........I'm just saying, If I had it to do over again, I'd go with tents and good lighting....and you'll need to cheack the output from the wall on those LEDs I guarantee it's not a 1000 watts, maybe 300 max...Oh well just my 2 cents :snowboating::goodluck:

Thanks for the advice. I was just looking at the tents and wondering if it would be a better route. I'll have to reconsider my whole grow now.

Thanks for the advice. I was just looking at the tents and wondering if it would be a better route. I'll have to reconsider my whole grow now.
I went from closet/room to tent without a hitch...just had to research the variables :nomo: ...:reading420magazine: I had to add an intake fan for fresh air so the extraction fan didn't suck the side of my tents inward :rofl::rofl: and I run intake and exhaust 24/7 it controls my humidity perfectly :thumb:
You'll get it cause you're in the right place to learn and have questions answered by people who've been there done that and found a better way :slide: :snowboating::goodluck:

So since Mocha is finally out of the closet, he can give sound advice... LOL hmmmmm... I started in the basement about 3 years ago when I moved up North.. Too damp and hard to control Humidity... That being said I am now getting ready to move into a 15 x 20 controlled grow room with its own power supply and backup.... O how the times they be a changing... LMAO ... Good start, keep trying, and learning and fucking up and learning and so on and so on... Green days to you, good to see another starting from scratch.. .I will hang in the back, just to peep it out for a while if you don't mind...

I started out with a small MH 28"x28"X5' tent, well made tent but I couldn't control the environment inside very well. Now I have a 4'X4'X6'5 MH tent and it's a breeze.
Bottom line, have the largest environment your situation can afford the first time around.

Good luck.

Wick. :morenutes:

I went from closet/room to tent without a hitch...just had to research the variables :nomo: ...:reading420magazine: I had to add an intake fan for fresh air so the extraction fan didn't suck the side of my tents inward :rofl::rofl: and I run intake and exhaust 24/7 it controls my humidity perfectly :thumb:
You'll get it cause you're in the right place to learn and have questions answered by people who've been there done that and found a better way :slide::snowboating::goodluck:
Let me elaborate on this :hmmmm: I in no way intended to suggest I'm Mr. Knowitall (where's a Rocky & Bullwinkle emoji when you need it :laugh:) there are many more knowledgeable people than I here on these pages but you will always have "someone" to answer your questions :peace: and :goodluck:

Let me elaborate on this :hmmmm: I in no way intended to suggest I'm Mr. Knowitall (where's a Rocky & Bullwinkle emoji when you need it :laugh:) there are many more knowledgeable people than I here on these pages but you will always have "someone" to answer your questions :peace: and :goodluck:
If you are referring to my comments man, I was just making a half hearted joke about coming out of the closet.. Sorry if it came across any other way.. Honestly it was good info, I am just really jovial as Independence Day is my favorite holiday and I am to be off the grid for a few and with many friends of like minds... Sorry about any confusion... Green days and Happy Holidays to all it pertains to...

Back
Top Bottom