Unprepared First Timer

-Day 42 of Flower-

So, I've burned the crap out of the Ladies. Also, I think I need to add some Calmag, as I haven't added any the entire grow. Yes, I'm a noob, and I knew better. Live and learn I suppose.

Aside from that they are doing great, It's my first grow so as far as size I have nothing to compare them too aside from pictures online, but I feel like they are super small. Perhaps I picked a fitting name after all. The tops are about the size of a golf ball, maybe a little bit bigger.

The pheno/strain that smells like peach is by far chunking up the most.

I've decided to try out two techniques, the first is Monster Cropping. I'm sad I don't have clones of the PeachyKeen, (as my wife calls it) so I'm going to clone it, even though we are six weeks into flower now.

The second technique is the method I'm using to take the said clone. Air Layering, or rooting a clone while it's attached to the plant still. I'm not sure if it'll take, as it was a pain to do by myself, but I'm trying.

-Photo Dump-

19A72124-B2D4-4E97-9B09-55F2ABE0A4A3.jpeg
CB48A31D-C902-4CA3-B852-AC25DB1E915E.jpeg
8678E86A-2A8B-4582-BD79-F9E73542F3F6.jpeg
D7562404-2DBE-48B7-8546-73FAC41B54F4.jpeg
3ED92E20-F660-41C2-B0AA-C668B7C56D8F.jpeg

well you still have at minimum at least 2 weeks. I've noticed most flowering is 8-10 weeks average. A lot can grow and swell in that time. Are you doing any kind of stem splitting etc prior to harvest?

I was counting on an 8-10 week flowering time to be honest, so I have a digital microscope coming in the mail as I wanna start checking the trichomes this week.

And no, I'm not doing anything fancy like that this time around.

well you still have at minimum at least 2 weeks. I've noticed most flowering is 8-10 weeks average. A lot can grow and swell in that time. Are you doing any kind of stem splitting etc prior to harvest?

Could you explain please, why is splitting the stem(s) good / helpful?

Could you explain please, why is splitting the stem(s) good / helpful?
I've read a few studies were sticking a knife in the main stem right before harvest helps produce more trichomes and stronger THC. The method and theory is basically imitating winter approaching. You can even use colder water as well. I haven't done it myself yet but I will be abusing my ladies 72 hours prior to harvest

Quick question for those who may be peeping.
Would it negatively affect my Ladies to switch their nutes now?

I'm almost out of Tiger Bloom. Seeing as I'm switching my nutes to Mega Crop for my next grow, I'd prefer not to have to spend on another bottle of the Tiger Bloom. Any ideas? If I have to I'll break down and buy another bottle, but I just got this in the mail today, so it made me wonder.

EBB26EFB-E8D8-4798-9D4E-5BCC1F9A97BC.jpeg

I'm almost out of Tiger Bloom. Seeing as I'm switching my nutes to Mega Crop for my next grow, I'd prefer not to have to spend on another bottle of the Tiger Bloom. Any ideas? If I have to I'll break down and buy another bottle, but I just got this in the mail today, so it made me wonder.

personally it don't matter how they get their nutes. Id compare the numbers on each so if you feed one doesn't contain a ton more then the other and cause a lockout or defencecy. Also....you may even make the finish line of you stop feeding. Are you flushing at the end?

I would cut way back on N, and use a bloom booster at your stage. You've got just a bit of canoeing going on, so I'd flush well with 1/2 mid-late bloom strength nutes, and no more nutes for a week. They look Indica dominant hybrid, so 8-10 weeks. Not bad at all for your first grow!

I would cut way back on N, and use a bloom booster at your stage. You've got just a bit of canoeing going on, so I'd flush well with 1/2 mid-late bloom strength nutes, and no more nutes for a week. They look Indica dominant hybrid, so 8-10 weeks. Not bad at all for your first grow!

Thanks for the advice, and the compliment. As fun as it is watching them bloom, I'm excited to get the second run underway. Just have to figure out what I actually want to run. This was bagseed, so no idea what it actually is. Lol

Nah go ahead. Plants don't care and folks run MC through the full cycle
Aight. I figured it wouldn't be an issue, but wanted to ask too. Thanks Turbo.

Got this thing in the mail this morning. I'll post some trichome shots in the morning for the fun of it. Going to be running it through my Samsung Tab3. Oh happy days. :D

086F386A-AC1C-47C2-9BA6-5E372BA03D18.jpeg

Looking great TB, I'd like to see how that gizmo works.
Where did you get it from?

Thanks. I got it from Amazon. It was $25. I figured it was well worth it if it works good.

I'm going to check zon now, to read about it. Thanks, TB.

Back
Top Bottom