Unsure as to if these are male pollen sacs on my mother plant

Strain - Dr krippling incredible bulk
# of Plants - 1
Grow Type - Hydro
Grow Stage - vegetative / mother
Setup - Ebb & Flow
Light - T5 4x 54w bulb
Nutrients - Greenhaze grow a&b, plants have also had Raw - kelp, fulvic acid, silica, yucca from NPK Industries added to solution.
Medium - clay pellets
PPM / EC - 1.3
PH - 5.6 to 6.3
RH - 40% to 80%
Room Temperature - 17c lowest night - 27c highest day
Solution Temperature - 20c - 23.5c
Room Size - h-160cm w-62cm l-124cm
Pests - None Known

Problem: Mother plant was given to me by a friend, she's 7 months old from seed, I haven't cloned her yet. She is showing signs of sex and I can see her stipules and pistils. I've only just recently noticed some small individual little sacs which are around the plant in a few different places and I'm not sure if these are male pollen sacs and if my plant has hermied. I'm very new to growing myself so I'm just not 100% sure, it doesn't look like the typical male pollen sacs I've been looking at pictures of but I was wondering if someone with some more experience could point me in the correct direction. I have some photos for you to look at.

Many thanks

20160924_132748.jpg
20160924_131850_001.jpg
20160924_1320581.jpg
20160924_132343.jpg
20160924_142936.jpg
20160924_142208.jpg

All I am seeing is new calyx's forming at the nodes, this must be on a more matured flowering plant. A couple of other pictures I am seeing a plant that looks like it just showed it's sex and is female with the white pistils sticking out. Nothing to worry about here :)

Is it possible this plant was flowered out before and then re-vegged? Just seems weird for new preflowers to be showing and already having calyx's growing at the nodes that early in flower.

All I am seeing is new calyx's forming at the nodes, this must be on a more matured flowering plant. A couple of other pictures I am seeing a plant that looks like it just showed it's sex and is female with the white pistils sticking out. Nothing to worry about here :)

Is it possible this plant was flowered out before and then re-vegged? Just seems weird for new preflowers to be showing and already having calyx's growing at the nodes that early in flower.
agree,d .... She's fine, those are all female parts. I see these in veg too especially from clones... Good luck on your grow

Hi dick23rk, thanks for the speedy reply.

All the pictures are from the same plant. The pictures where it looks like she has just shown her sex are from newer shoots further up the plant. The calyx's you're seeing In the pictures are from older more mature branches inside, I hadn't noticed these untill today and you've just tought me what they're, I thought they mite be calyx's but wasn't sure. I was pretty sure they didn't look like the male pollen sacs I could find pictures of but I just wanted some peace of mind from someone with more experience. I will be cloning her soon and am very excited for my first grow.So thank you so much for your help and pointing me in the correct direction :)!

Hi dick23rk, pretty sure she was never flowered and was just a mother. The newer shoots were from further up the plant, I was just taking the pics from all over as a comparison as I haven't come across the calyx's before until I noticed them today and was not sure if it was a calyx or my plant had hermied and they were pollen sacs.

Glad we could give you some peace of mind on that one :) Best of luck with your cloning as well! Be sure to start up a journal like twox said, once you get some traffic generated on a journal you will find all sorts of help there as well. Go to the "grow room" tab at the top of the page and select "grow journals". From there go to "journals in progress". Once you are in that section of the forum, be sure to read up on all the sticky's at the top of the forum, they will help you a lot with starting a journal and the types of things to include. If you do start one here soon, come back here and give us the link :)

Guys thank you so much for all the good advice. So much great friendly advice, I love it. Thanks for the luck on the cloning, probably about a week away which gives me time to prepare for a grow journal. I think a grow journal could be a very good idea guys, I think I will do this, I'm going to go over to the forum and have a read. I will make sure to drop a link to the thread in here once I've done it. I'll have a good read of the stickys at the top too.

Thanks again guys, I'll know doubt be speaking to you both very soon ;)

Be careful using that plant as a mother. Its a feminized seed and clones may herm. Just keep an eye out for them. Also add some calmag to your nute mix as it looks like you have a magnesium deficiency. The red stems show this.

I grow incredible bulk but i had problems with clones from femmed seeds. Dr Krippling does not do regular incredible bulk seeds so be careful.

Hey culivator, thanks for the reply.

Oh wow, that's not what I wanted to hear, I hadn't heard of that problem, is this a regular problem with this strain or is that a problem with all feminized seeds in general? I was also given a Kosher Kush plant by Reserva Privada, which was also from feminized seed, is this likely to be the same problem with her if she is cloned? I opted to try the incredible bulk first as I believed it may be an easier one to start with and was going to try the kosher kush after.

Thanks for the info, I didn't realise the the purple / red stems was the reason for this, I thought it was in the plants genetics...

Yeah it sounds it, from what I've read it sounds like a pretty good quality strain, high yielding and fast flowering too.

This gives me something to think about, as I wasn't aware of problems from feminized seeds. Is it best to clone from non fem seeds with all strains? Id be gutted if I put all the effort in and they hermied during flowering. I knew this was all going to be a learning process with problems to over come, I'm glad I decided to join this website now before going at it alone. When you say too long, what kind of time scale is too long? Thanks

Generally grow from seed if using fems, depending on the numbers you run you can expect maybe 1 in 20 will herm from femmed seed. This will go up if you are using clones from a femmed seed. With the Bulk I pull around 4 plants from every 100 as herm. You have to watch for them because sometimes they are harder to spot. Thats when your room is set up correctly also, so a bad environment can potentially mean more herms. im not saying it will def happen, im saying its def possible.

I would advise you to just use feminised seed each grow until you are more confident in your skills and knowledge. believe me theres nothing worse than rooting clones, vegging them out and getting to week 5 or 6 of flower for them to herm and make a room full of seedy weedy.

But if you are going to perservere with it i would make sure the mother has the best environment possible with as little stress as poss. so allow a few weeks between each round of cuttings and take large healthy cuttings. Discard after 1 year unless you are getting consistantly good results.

There is alot of knowledge on this site if you look around. you can find growers who have similar styles to what you plan to do and you can find new ways to grow. there is more than one way to grow weed well, just check out the people who are giving you advice to see if they can back up what they are saying. Anyone can copy and paste or read shit on google. But too be fair most of the longer term members on this forum are cool, they may have differing opinions on the best way to get the job done but someone will get you there.

Check out my grow journals and feel free to comment in them if you have any questions. my latest journal is LED orientated but still shows some other grows and has some good info in it, or my older journals have different things in also. good luck.

Thanks for all the great information you've provided me with cultivator, I really appreciate it very much. I'm going to have a dig through your grow journals too and see if I can learn anything. If I have any questions I'll be sure to fire them away in your threads.

You've given me a lot to think about. I'm going to order up some feminized seeds ready and grow the next ones out from seed as suggested. I think you're correct it will make life a bit easier until I've improved my skill and knowledge.

As I already have the aeroponic cloner and other stuff ready this time I'm going to give it a go and perservere and just be extra causious to make sure the environment is absolutely spot on and I'm checking them thoroughly everyday for signs of problems. As you say there can be nothing worse than pumping in a load of time and effort to then end up with a bunch of seedy weedy lol. I've got my head around the fact that I'm going to have to make some mistakes in order to progress, learn and move forward to become a good compitent grower. Practice certainly makes perfect.

I'm gonna use your advice and have a real good dig through this site and find as much info as I can. I will most likely start a grow journal and I will post a link here for you too follow in if you like? I think then that way if I do encounter any problems I'll be far better off than I would be on my own.

I'm very excited and passionate about this and cant wait to learn more .Thanks for all the help and luck, im sure I'll need it and I'm sure I'll be speaking to you soon. :);)

Hey guys, said I'd drop back a link here if I get the grow journal started. I got an administrator to update the name and move a different thread I started over to grow journals. If any one is interested here is the link. Messaged them to let them know they need to change the 600w MH tho as that is only for vegetative stage.

TerpKing - Dr Krippling Incredible Bulk - Hydro - 600W MH

Back
Top Bottom