Unsure of growing Method Used

Rocky Balboa

Here is how its set up:

3 big cannabis plants about 2.5 feet high each sitting in 1 gallon pails with lots of roots hanging out the bottom of the pots. Clayballs are covered over all the roots so no light is getting in. So the roots are submeged in water its kinda like a river i guess with the clay pellets forcing the water back down to the res. The plants are being fed 24 hours a day it does not stop. Plants are looking amazing lots of bud in the end of week 4. I am a medical licensed user & was given the plants.

Can anyone give me some info. Thanks

Re: Unsure of growing Method Used.

First thing I would do is find a PH meter and test the water. Get a thermometer and check the water temp.

Did they leave you any nutrients? Any bottles, jugs, containers?

Do a search from the second nav bar for hydro grows. You can learn a lot about the nutrients you need and what the PH and water temps should be.

I'm no expert, but there are quite a few here that are very proficient with hydroponics.

Look forward to some photos!

Here is some info on my grow area, nuts etc.

2X600 Watt hps
Temp is 28C
Ventilation 350cfm I believe
Grow area is 230 Cubic feet roughly. 8 Ft Height, 6 Ft Length, 6 Ft Width. All enclosed with a door.
I am using A+B Bloom Formula, Dnf Gold & Monsta Bud.
PH meter im getting today. Tested ph with a ph kit & its around 6.5-6.8
Used abit of ph down 20%
Lots of fan power.
The plants roots are buried underneath the clay balls.
Is this growing method called Deep Water?
The one plant is getting so much bud on top & middle that its starting to tip over abit.
The guy told me its about in week 4 of bloom.
A few red hairs coming in but not many.
Lots of new bud forming.
How much yield is possible? This is only my second hydroponic grow. First grow was in the summer & the heat was so bad it burned all my leaves off 14 plants but I ended up with 6 ounces.
I can use all the help I can get. Thanks

Is this close to what you are looking at?

The Wick System is probably the simplest hydroponic system.It is a passive system by virtue of there being no moving parts and where the nutrient solution remaining static in one place.The solution is taken out of a container and led to the plants? roots through the growing medium by capillary action, conducted through one or more wicks.Normally in this system a mixture of of various growing media are used in order to increase to the utmost their capillary capacity.This system contains conventional soil supplemented with fertilizers, with plain water in a container solely for irrigation.As this very compact hydroponic system is so versatile especially in small home gardens for growing in small spaces as it can be set up on a very small scale.This system?s biggest limitation occurs with large plants which need large amounts of water which the wicks are unable to supply in adequate amounts.In this case, the number of wicks has to be increased to supply demand for water!Of course adding pumps would be advantages but this is just an example of the simplest method you can add your own thoughts and idea's at any stage.

Author: Tricky Gnome

Its very similar to that diagram but without the wick's. I am using dip sticks. The plants are sitting in an upper tray with water running through the roots 24/7 & the water drips down to the res. I am using an airstone which is placed in the res of course. 2 of my plants only have 1 dip stick in but my other one is the biggest & has 2 dip sticks. The plants are pretty big at around 2.5 feet. They look great with lots of bud but a few fan leaves have burned off near the bottom. Some branches near the botom of each plant have been chopped.

Ok thats good. So its called waterfall? I bought co2 low flo & tank. I figured its good for plants & it can help with yield hopefully. Whats your take on it?

Don't quote me on the waterfall, Ill find the real name for it. As for co2, I only know what I have read, and from what I read, it's a bit complex and some people are useing tablets. I'm out for a bit to grab the kid, i'll be back in a bit, and hopefully someone with hands on hydro know how will pop in. Good luck!

DWC (Deep Water Culture) units are commonly referred to as "bubblers" and are used for a method of growing plants hydroponically in a bucket of nutrients with the plant suspended over the nutrients and the roots growing down into the nutrients which are super oxygen saturated by pumping large volumes into the nutrient solution with the aid of an aquaurium stlye pump with an airstone attached to the airline.

Plants grown in this method grow at superfast rates due to the fact that they are being fed large amounts of oxygen. This is the same reason that the roots can sit in the nutrient solution without drowning. This method of growing is perfect for a hobby grower or one who wishes to grow for personal use. Large scale commercial growers do not generally find this method appropriate for the reason that each plant is housed in its own reservoir, and would simply be entirely too much maintenance in a large scale grow.

For someone who only needs say 6 plants, this method of hydroponic cultivation is an excellent way to grow. When an environment has been created to provide your plants with the optimum conditions required for fast, healthy growth,the one limiting factor left is how much oxygen can be provided to the roots of the plants. DWC growing will take care of this factor and then some! The roots will recieve huge amounts of oxygen for some of the fastest growth rates possible. DWC is one of the easiest and yet most effective forms of hydroponic cultivation.

Back
Top Bottom