Untrusted Site notice while trying to follow email notice link to 420mag

Gazoo

Any clue why I would get this WARNING ?
I have received many notices before and AFTER this "EMAIL NOTIFICATION" and all others link to 420MAG no problem,
This 1 Email however keeps giving me this SUSPICIOUS LINK Notice. I did check by going to the site through other emails
and I do see there was a NEW POST in that thread

BUT AGAIN Why only this Email Notice ?

It's probably just one of those things that happens sometimes (those things are occasionally a little on the "paranoid" side, I suspect it might have something to do with a mail server suddenly getting a lot of those kinds of emails from one site, but who knows).

Have you switched to the raw message view and examined it? I assume it's a valid one, from the correct sender, but any time you receive an apparently valid email, it's theoretically possible that someone has spoofed the (reported) sender information.

All the usual security stuff is valid (I know to trust the forum/website owner, but just checked to verify for you), and was issued by valid/trusted entities. The actual physical server is still in the same (non-USA) country that it has been in for years, and the host is a good one. And the domain information still resolves to the entity it should.

You'll notice I didn't list the specifics of that data (nor will I in the future). It's a privacy thing, along with a bit of courtesy. I hope you'll understand.

By the way, what specific thread are you getting the warning for?

It's probably just one of those things that happens sometimes (those things are occasionally a little on the "paranoid" side, I suspect it might have something to do with a mail server suddenly getting a lot of those kinds of emails from one site, but who knows).

Have you switched to the raw message view and examined it? I assume it's a valid one, from the correct sender, but any time you receive an apparently valid email, it's theoretically possible that someone has spoofed the (reported) sender information.

All the usual security stuff is valid (I know to trust the forum/website owner, but just checked to verify for you), and was issued by valid/trusted entities. The actual physical server is still in the same (non-USA) country that it has been in for years, and the host is a good one. And the domain information still resolves to the entity it should.

You'll notice I didn't list the specifics of that data (nor will I in the future). It's a privacy thing, along with a bit of courtesy. I hope you'll understand.

By the way, what specific thread are you getting the warning for?

Thanks, I suspected it may be just a clutch but like you said wanted to point it out just in case.
it was from the
Come on folks let's see your veg plants! Here's some for ya
Thread

BTW I still have the original email with the link it is trying to use if anyone wants to look deeper.

Thanks again

Beats me. I did a quick scan and nothing jumped out at me (in other words, no sneaky offsite images that also happened to be a link to a malware infection source).

Maybe the forum's webmaster will spot something that's less obvious.

@Gazoo Can you send me a private message with all copy/pasted links from the email? You have to copy/paste them instead of clicking them each.

If it's only happening in ONE 420mag email, it's most likely a false positive from specific words in gmail.

I am not really concerned BUT wanted to let the powers that run the site know
Since its something New and I have not changed anything.

Again just a heads up. I am not worried

Back
Top Bottom