Update 2nd Grow

Welp went ahead an pulled the trigger on the harvest. I have found another flower with rott so I figured Id try to save what I could. Here's a picture of a Cola. Not sure of it may starting to mold. Thoughts?
IMG_20160912_230825655.jpg

If it wouldn't have molded I figured I was about 3 maybe 4 wees away from original flush/harvest. It's a very early harvest for me. With this grow alone I've learned so much I'm taking at as a learning curve. Bummed out for the ladies getting mold tho. Oh well

IMG_20160912_232549429.jpg
IMG_20160912_234254732.jpg

The trichomes are still clear I didn't really look before harvesting. I know I should've but I was more worried about losing the crop. Here are a few better pics.

Ok lol yeah I guess it was just the angle of the picture. I appreciate you helping me out with all this. It helps to have someone else opinion even if it's another "inexperienced" eye @AngryBird.

Also AngryBird I reading your Grow Journal and came across some very helpful tips on Pest solutions. Shouldve read it sooner lol I had mosquitoes and some spider webs (not sure from mites or just some spider) problems. Now I know for next time. Also I've used eggshells with my soil mixture, you are the only one I know who does that as well.

Well I hate to see a beautiful lady go to waste if it isn't necessary :)
And if I don't know the answer..I ask for help :) I have some amazing friends here with BIG knowledge :)

Good morning OTFmoney. Sorry to have to meet under such terms, and I have zero personal experience with rot other than in curing. That certainly looks like bud rot :straightface: and drat! Sounds like you've had a time of it.

Let me give a shout out on my grow journal and see who bites. Hang right. It may take a while. They aren't used to me being up this early. :laughtwo: What we need to determine is what can be done from here. I do know you can wash the buds, using H2O2 in the first bucket to counteract any bud rot.

I take it you haven't done a bud wash?

Bud rot. Growing in corn is good idea to hide plants but not so good for your plant to get proper ventilation. Humdity and temperature contribute to this crap. If you grow in corn again, uproot nearby stalks so some air can circulate in there. I also noticed all the mold on the corn and the leaves of your cannabis looked like it also had some powdery mildew which could have been your first alert to a problem.

Since you've already harvested I think all you can do now is trim all the discolored areas out. What's left of the bud might be sprayed with hydrogen peroxide (H2O2) and washed in baking soda/lemon juice and clear water. You could spray with outside water hose. Then you need to hang it for drying making sure you have them well ventilated by a fan moving the air around.

The mold (botrytis cinerea or grey mold) will be harmful to your lungs if not all removed.

Seems a shame.

Thanks for the help! Unfortunately I have not done any research of any kind as far as bud washing. I never knew or heard of the concept. MajicJim looks like he's bout to educate me tho

Bud rot. Growing in corn is good idea to hide plants but not so good for your plant to get proper ventilation. Humdity and temperature contribute to this crap. If you grow in corn again, uproot nearby stalks so some air can circulate in there. I also noticed all the mold on the corn and the leaves of your cannabis looked like it also had some powdery mildew which could have been your first alert to a problem.

Since you've already harvested I think all you can do now is trim all the discolored areas out. What's left of the bud might be sprayed with hydrogen peroxide (H2O2) and washed in baking soda/lemon juice and clear water. You could spray with outside water hose. Then you need to hang it for drying making sure you have them well ventilated by a fan moving the air around.

The mold (botrytis cinerea or grey mold) will be harmful to your lungs if not all removed.

Seems a shame.

A shame it is Jim. I feel bummed out about it. Kicking myself cause pretty much everything you just explained crossed my mind. Cutting corn stalks near by wouldve helped w ventilation. I only had my plant in the corn because my backyard was too open I was afraid someone would see it. I had no other option. I should've paid attention to the corn around my plant maybe she got sick from mold exposure on the corn like the powderfound on the bud leaves. It seems to be the answer as to why I almost lost the crop. I'll hang my hat on that I guess. As for the rest of the harvest, it's not molded but should I go ahead and wash the buds just in case they were exposed a litttle? If I need to wash the harvest, how would I go about doing that? Again, thanks for the help. Mold and bud washing is something new this grow has taught me. Something good came out of it at least.

Back
Top Bottom