Update and holy smokes

razer

WEll let me start off by saying my starter thread was First attempt having trouble

so you can see the story from the start. Secondly thank you to you all who threw your 2 cents in.
14 days into flowering
set up the same... for now
still change res every week
lights have gone to 12/12
still using r/o
Im at 60% strength foxfarm/cal-mag

I am going to change my fluorescent to a more red tone this week.
Im looking into what nutes to change to for flowering.

After my last post I stuck to those plans i laid out and things started change slowly. I lost 4 plants to stress and 4 more started to show signs of being male so they were tossed :( "ohh and strangely my plants showed sex before light change....

So after all of this i am left with 4 females. In a way Im lucky I lost 8 ya this being my 1st grow I had bad space calculations but then again I also plane on small plants and no problems lol.

#1 plant is a giant she is over 3ftX3.5ft and is a light hog so..
plants #2 and #3 have a rough time getting light so i have been leaning them slowly every day to try and get out of #1 covering. Plant #3 is almost at a 45degrees and i push her over a bit more every day and she keeps curving and growing taller lol
plant #4 im not really counting she is only 10 inches tall and really not growing "because she is smothered" but i figured fuck it she is a female might as well see if she produces anything.

K so first pic if you look hard you can seem all 3 plant stems #1 at the right the bush then 2 and 3 kind of hidden if you see plant 4 then your a ninja.
100_3234-1.JPG

Looking down
100_3212-1.JPG

close ups
100_3232-1.JPG

my fav pic it just looks cool to me
100_3220-1.JPG

Soo there are my ladies let me know what you think and to you masters out there, I know every thing is in the genes but do you think my little bush has potential to produce big? Any tips to maximize flower production at this point Im stuck with MH light but i can change the fluorescent and nutes. Ohh almost forgot I know this is not scientific at all but i have paint ball gear and with that is Co2 tanks so I have started doing a 2 sec spray at the top of the room every night after lights and fans are off.

Thanks again for all the help everyone.
Razer

dont mind the dates on the pics i just never set the date in the cam lol

Ok cool but im very confused now lol because what i have read is saying to use it after the fans go off so logic would say lights would be off to due to heat build up with no ventilation running? I deff check into it thanks for the tip

Razer

Ok cool but im very confused now lol because what i have read is saying to use it after the fans go off so logic would say lights would be off to due to heat build up with no ventilation running? I deff check into it thanks for the tip

Razer

Maybe too many paintballs to the head? :Rasta:

:peacetwo:

Prairie

Hey hey well tonight Im gonna switch out my 128watts 6500k- 10800 lumens for some 3000k and 2, 3500 k. It kinda suck I was shhoting for 3000k but the store i use stopped ordering the 3000k so i have to settle for 3500k. My light will now be...

192watts 3000k = 16800 lumens, 6 4ft t8
64watts 3500k= 5600 lumens, 2 4ft t8
150watts MH = roughly 9000-13000 lumens

total 406 watts and ~ 30000 lumens for only 7.5 sq ft not to bad.

I will also be switching to fox farm Tiger Bloom with the rez change. I also read into the Co2 and yeah im retarded so i stopped using it after lights out so now I and injecting Co2 about an hour after light have been on. Cant wait to see the change in growth they have grown light 6 more inches from the start of this post and the #4 plant is starting to really grow and show some nice development.

Razer

Well here Is another wonderful update full of horror...... I check my ladies ever day and is seem somehow over night something horrible happened... here take at look my first clues telling me something went wrong. Ill start with a bed overview with the plants marked for ez viewing.

DAY 28 into flowering

1-has always been my strongest, 2-so so not the greatest and slim to no bud sites just a few hairs 3- craziest stretch its trying to grow higher than my light but this on also has slim to no bud sites just hairs 4- I did not think would do much but she is starting to fill out nicely.
100_3410-1-1.jpg

now looking into my beauties i noticed some specks on a few leafs
100_3381-1.JPG

100_3386-1.JPG

at this point I was confused and started to worry I thought maybe a mold or fungus I kept looking for other signs and found the give away....
100_3401-1.JPG

Now the confusion really sank in and I began searching for pods and found several...
100_3389-1.JPG

100_3388-1.JPG

This one was responsible for the speckling I found on the leafs
100_3390-1.JPG

I freaked a bit and picked off most of the pods I could get with out killing bud sites
100_3416-1.JPG

Here are a few pics of my main bud sites
100_3403-1.JPG

100_3411-1.JPG

Ohh and the trichome frosting has become more apparent and is starting to spread.
100_3399-1.JPG

I feel I failed it sucks I forgot that plant isolation can lead to survival herming to ensure the plant lives on. Now my understanding all seeds from this plant will be female correct?

Now I understand its not a complete loss but this being my first grow can I expect no new bud/pistil production? Or will it keep producing bud sites they just have a high chance of forming seeds now.

For those of you out there that have dealt with herms, I understand stems, leaf, and seeds can lower the quality but if I removed all those unwanted parts you could not tell the difference right?

Thanks for the input and checking out my updates
RaZeR

I thought hermies couldn't pollinate, they grow their own seeds, self pollinating but I was under the impression they couldn't pollinate other females?

I thought hermies couldn't pollinate, they grow their own seeds, self pollinating but I was under the impression they couldn't pollinate other females?

In this respect, pollen is pollen. Where ever it falls, it will pollinate.

Prairie

Thank you. I may not be able to answer other members questions with 100% certainty right now, but maybe if I put as much info and matching pics into the thread a newer member might be able to find the answer he or she is looking for. I really wish I could get my hand on a macro lenses for later down the line when the trics really are predominant right now I am starting to see a frosty coating it may be in small patches but it is spreading its pretty cool to watch. I spend prob 30min every day looking over them and have way to many pics but as far as the pollen sac/hermed male parts I have only found like 3-4 more but they are to deep into a bud site to dug them out.

At this point I am wondering if when a plant goes into survival mode and attempts to self pollinate is it a singular event or will it keep trying until to harvest because like I said I am not seeing any new hermed male parts growing just the few I could not get from the original event. If it could be proven to be a singular event like a hail marry then female herms would not be a big deal as long as the event is caught them day it happens. Just my thoughts here I am gonna dig into some text and see if I can find any thing and also keep you updated with any thing that happens with this topic.

Thanks again for checking my threads out.
RaZeR

Well here I am at day 35 and things seem to be doing great.

I did have the herming event yes at this point I am calling it an event seeing there has been no new development of hermed part only ones I have left on the plant so I can watch and observe. Anyone have any input on herming as in have you seen it happen more than one point in the plants life or was it strictly a singular event I can seem to find a definitive answer.

Plant 1 is filling in nicely her upward growth is slowing drastically
plant 2 is really starting to develop nist little bud sites I think he will be a week 10 harvest
plant 3 is still retarded and just will not stop growing I first had to bend her in a backwards L shape well now she has been bent into a backwards C, but good thing she too is developing nice little bud sites so I think a week 10 harvest will be good for her as well
plant 4 now she is really impressing me originally I thought she was to smothered to really do anything but she doubled her size from the time of my first post and she has some great bud sites but what is the most impressive is her trichome development is great.

Anyone have any clue where I can get something to view the trics better I have a 10X scope but I cant tell clear-cloudy-amber they just look like little crystal mushrooms to me maybe my sight sucks. I wish I could get my damn camera in close enough to get some great macro pics but .... i cant :(

PICTURE TIME enjoy
all were taken at day 35

This pic if you go back to post #8 and the 4th picture down you will see a 7 days before picture.
35_5_.JPG

This is plant #4 check out the trics from the runt lol
35_7_.JPG

plant 1
35_6_.JPG

35_4_.JPG

35_3_.JPG

35100.JPG

Here is a overall shot see if you notice the backwards C bending going on with plant 3. I have been doing a little bit of LST I currently have about 7 tie down points just to move things around a bit.
35_2_.JPG

Hope you enjoy and thanks again for the feedback.
Razer

Well here Is another wonderful update full of horror...... I check my ladies ever day and is seem somehow over night something horrible happened... here take at look my first clues telling me something went wrong. Ill start with a bed overview with the plants marked for ez viewing.

DAY 28 into flowering

1-has always been my strongest, 2-so so not the greatest and slim to no bud sites just a few hairs 3- craziest stretch its trying to grow higher than my light but this on also has slim to no bud sites just hairs 4- I did not think would do much but she is starting to fill out nicely.
100_3410-1-1.jpg

now looking into my beauties i noticed some specks on a few leafs
100_3381-1.JPG

100_3386-1.JPG

at this point I was confused and started to worry I thought maybe a mold or fungus I kept looking for other signs and found the give away....
100_3401-1.JPG

Now the confusion really sank in and I began searching for pods and found several...
100_3389-1.JPG

100_3388-1.JPG

This one was responsible for the speckling I found on the leafs
100_3390-1.JPG

I freaked a bit and picked off most of the pods I could get with out killing bud sites
100_3416-1.JPG

Here are a few pics of my main bud sites
100_3403-1.JPG

100_3411-1.JPG

Ohh and the trichome frosting has become more apparent and is starting to spread.
100_3399-1.JPG

I feel I failed it sucks I forgot that plant isolation can lead to survival herming to ensure the plant lives on. Now my understanding all seeds from this plant will be female correct?

Now I understand its not a complete loss but this being my first grow can I expect no new bud/pistil production? Or will it keep producing bud sites they just have a high chance of forming seeds now.

For those of you out there that have dealt with herms, I understand stems, leaf, and seeds can lower the quality but if I removed all those unwanted parts you could not tell the difference right?

Thanks for the input and checking out my updates
RaZeR

As far as i know this is incorrect, the seeds made from this happening will be HERMIS, to get fem. seeds you would take the pollen from the hermi plant and pollinate a female of the same genetic or the same strain,,those seeds would be feminised.

Back
Top Bottom