Update on the Clones

Nyhm Reaper

Took 4 clones from a female on day 18 of 12/12. Limited room above and on the sides forced it but she took to it very well and I saw some really good growth from the lower nodes. Anyways, the clones...

I am using a DIY coffee can cloner so im only doing a few clones at a time. They officially all 4 have roots today. One of them was an early bloomer and has some roots over an inch long but the others didnt root as fast. The last one popped out some nubs today so Im 100% in this cloner. The 4 clones I took prior to this time I tried rooting in soil and only 1 of the 4 survived. SO with that said, we are going to ignore the first 4 since they were a test and just say I am 100% with clones... :high-five:

:Namaste:

Ok, they went into soil 4 days ago. I messed up and pulled one out of the cloner to quickly and it tore all the roots off except for a tiny nub. I went ahead and put it in soil anyway cause I want all 4 to stay together. It looked bad the first day or 2 but now its come back to life and I can see roots have sprouted and are searching. Im using 2liter bottles with the tops chopped that way I can see whats going on. You can see lots of roots now on all 4. Its almost seemed like the soil was steroids for the roots, hope that doesnt lead to issues later...

Here are a couple pics of the babies. 2 weeks in soil.

DSCN06393.JPG

DSCN06385.JPG

DSCN06377.JPG

The strain is cheap bag seed...lol In other words I have no clue at all on the strain.

They went under the more intense light a few days ago and I have seen some good growth, only prob is its 1 finger leaves.... multiple sets of them, on each plant. Is that normal???

I get strange leaf patterns all the time. sometimes 2 or 3 leaves. If it gets later into veg and it hasn't produced normal leaf pattern then I would pull it.

Yes she is a couple days from harvest. I dont remember her having the same issue. She was grown from bagseed so I know nothing about her. Its weird but as long as its good bud I dont care if its all 1 finger leaves...LOL

My understanding is that you should go ahead and top it while its switching over so it has its delay all at once instead of it starting back to grow and then you topping it and it stunting it for a couple days. If I am wrong someone please jump in cause this is how I have been approaching it. transplant, top, clones, anything that causes stress I do it all at once...

Back
Top Bottom