UPDATE: Two Police Officers Plead Guilty In Shooting Of 92-Year-Old Woman

Jim Finnel

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex News Moderator
Two police officers pleaded guilty to manslaughter after a "no-knock" warrant search ended in the shooting death of an elderly woman.

When Atlanta Police Department officer J.R. Smith and former officer Gregg Junnier entered Kathryn Johnston's house late at night on November 21, the 92-year-old woman shot at who she believed was criminals, and police officers fired back. An investigation showed the officers fired 39 shots, hitting Johnston at least five times, killing her.

Now, both officers face over 10 years in prison after authorities say the warrant they served was issued under false information. A confidential informant reportedly told police that the house was being used by a ******* dealer.

Yet, after police made the violent entry no ******* was found.

According to CNN, Atlanta Police Chief Richard Pennington asked the FBI to lead a multi-agency investigation of the shootout. He also announced policy changes to require the department to drug-test its nearly 1,800 officers and mandate that top supervisors sign off on narcotics operations and no-knock warrants.

News Hawk- User 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: AHN
Author: Matthew Borghese
Copyright: AHN Media Corp
Website: Two Police Officers Plead Guilty In Shooting Of 92-Year-Old Woman

Sad story.. 39 shots.. 10 years isn't enough.

I live in the Atlanta area. That story has been all over our news for months. There's no excuse for what the police officers did to poor old Mrs. Johnson. On the other hand, the officers were there to serve a warrant and were met with gunshots being fired from behind a locked door. They didn't know what they were getting into. The big problem is that no knock warrant bullshit. That kind of Gestapo tactic breeds just the kind of thing that happened. They ought to throw the higher ups in Atlanta PD and in the D.A.'s office under the jail.

what a travesty!

I hadn't heard this story, but think it would make a much better 24/7 media story than Anna Nichole or Imus.

No knock warrants are an abuse of law in my opinion, and the more widely the downside risk of these things can be communicated, the better chance they'll be dropped from use.

I'd much rather see the city get its ass sued off - this is what it's going to take to make the politicos halt the practice

glad to c them fukin cops got wat they had comin.....too bad that had to happen tho.....cops here are worse tho, but too bad that shit goes unnoticed....its about time somebody starts to do sumthin..these cops think they are better than the law and can do watever they want..just recently they aired a video of an off duty officer beating a bar tender because she wouldnt serve him any more beer....its sad to c the 1s that are to serve and protect are the real criminals

They also admitted to planting marijuana in Kathryn Johnston's home to try to justify the warrant. I believe they'd confiscated the weed earlier that day in an empty apartment elsewhere in Atlanta.

Oh Damn,

Well hang em then though if this is the case

thanks for the facts

Fuckin' A:
Big dog is right on the fuckin' money and I agree about the: said:
no knock warrant bullshit. That kind of Gestapo tactic breeds just the kind of thing that happened. They ought to throw the higher ups in Atlanta PD and in the D.A.'s office under the jail.

Back
Top Bottom