Upgrades for next grow

Cheffrey

Here's what I have:

5 x 5 tent
3 X sp 250 mars hydro
2 X 6 inch clip fans

4 questions I have:

What should my out take be vs my in take of air flow?

Should my CFM intake be less than intake? If so by how much?

Recommended humidifier for this room?

Best inline fans for exghaust to purchase for a 5 x 5? Cfm?

I live in canada 2 different indoor grow periods.

Winter = no humidity

Summer = high humidity

Here's what I have:

5 x 5 tent
3 X sp 250 mars hydro
2 X 6 inch clip fans

4 questions I have:

What should my out take be vs my in take of air flow?

Should my CFM intake be less than intake? If so by how much?

Recommended humidifier for this room?

Best inline fans for exghaust to purchase for a 5 x 5? Cfm?

I live in canada 2 different indoor grow periods.

Winter = no humidity

Summer = high humidity
For your exhaust blower you should find a 4in will do the job as long as it's 200 CFM or more. A 6-inch would also be a great option but either way I would get a variable speed controller for either exhaust blower you get. They are only $20 and well worth the money. Don't use any blower or fan for the intake at all! That's just silly. Intake should be passive. The exhaust blower will suck the fresh air in through your passive intake ports in your tent or grow area. This is also nice because it creates a negative pressure in your grow area and keep smell trapped inside or out the exhaust . If you have an intake blower and an exhaust blower they just fight each other and wear out prematurely and waste electricity. Passive intake only! Take that money that you were going to buy an intake blower and use it to buy a speed controller for your inline exhaust blower. I'll add a picture of a speed controller for any exhaust blower you get.

When you say passive I should then leave the bottom vents of my tent open while lights are on ?

Or just run ducting from a bottom opening?

When you say passive I should then leave the bottom vents of my tent open while lights are on ?

Or just run ducting from a bottom opening?
Yes, absolutely! The easiest way to do this so you don't have any light leaks are to go to the hardware store where you can buy the aluminum flexible dryer exhaust vent hose. I'm sure you know what I'm talkin about. All you have to do is from the outside of your tent shove one end of the dryer vent hose into the port on your tent just far enough where you can snug the ties down that come with your tent. In the intake air ports that your tent has it should have some sort of strap or ties built into those ports. Snug the ties around the dryer vent so no light leaks around it. And then outside the tent where you have all of the rest of that dryer vent hose all you have to do is make two or three sharp bends with the hose so the light cannot make it into the grow area. You can cut off any excess. You just need enough of the dryer vent hose to make a few S curve shape bends and Wallah, no light leaks and a perfect passive intake. You can even do that with two of your intake ports if you would like.

Passive sounds good but i want to stop dust and stuff from going in tent.

Currently I have a air purifier running outside, at bottom of tent with the 4" duct running inside of tent. No outside stuff going in. Blowing cool air in at 20 degrees celcious. Completely sealed on outside and blows in.

I have a 200cfm running out of top. 200 being the max...should I always run max?

I have a 200cfm running out of top. 200 being the max...should I always run max?
No, hence the speed controller I put up a picture of. It's very simple to wash your buds and rid them of any dust or debris that would enter your grow area? When you harvest your plants you wash them at that point by dipping and swishing them around in three separate pails of water. One with a tiny bit of lemon juice, one with a tiny bit of baking soda and the third one with plain water. Then you dry and cure as normal. There are tons of members on this forum that use that bud washing technique. Even if you filter the air coming into your tent you would be amazed after you wash your buds in buckets like that how much dust and dirt will be in the water. It's never a good idea to run an intake blower and an exhaust blower. Not only is it not needed but it will actually wear the motors out quite a bit quicker. One of them will always be fighting the other one and this wears out bearings and other parts. There's my two cents anyway.

I'll add to what Fanleaf is saying about the intake. I use a pretty low cost booster fan and my 5x5 walls are sucked in hard, even after i added the carbon filter. i just cut the bottoms off of a couple small pails and put a nylon on them for the bottom vents.

Back
Top Bottom