uptheholler's Auto Seeds 6 Strains 2015 Season Grow and Smoke Review

uptheholler2

Hey from Appalachia fellow growers! I thought that now might be a good time to let everyone know how the first part of my summer auto grow project has gone. This part will focus on one of our valued and well respected sponsors here in our 420 family.... Auto Seeds! For those of you that don't know me let me give you some back ground. I do this for one reason only. I am going to give you my opinion on several products offered to us by one of our sponsors. These are my opinions based upon this years growing experience only. You wouldn't take advice from someone just because he slept in a Holiday Inn Express, who by the way is NOT one of our family's sponsors! Any how... I am uptheholler I've been growing and breeding pot since. about 1976. I have a B.S. in Horticulture from S.I.U. I focused a lot in turf grasses greenhouse management and fruit and veg production. I put myself through college in a large part by growing weed. I have been growing produce commercially since I was 10 and have supported my family by doing so for almost 30 years now. Bottom line is I grow stuff and do it well.

With all that bull out of the way here's what I have to report.

Varieties grown were Auto Seeds Berry Ryder, Auto Pounder with Cheese. Candy Kush, Auto Pounder. Polar Express and Mig29. All seeds were started in my greenhouse with all of my tomatoes and peppers. Started in Promix Ultra
who IS a sponsor here on 420.

Berry Ryder - Germination 5/5 100%- This variety was expected to finish in 60- 70 days. This variety was the most uniform in growth structure and ripening of all of the varieties. This plant, while not tall averaging 16 inches across all five plants, is surprisingly stocky. In fact, it really good bones. Unfortunately in my grow it did not produce in relation to it's structure. That is not to say that I was disappointed it just could support more. The intermodal length was long resulting in a stretchier plant. I did average a respectable 23 grams per plant.
The color and aroma of the plants as they were growing were extremely pleasing fruity but with a nice sour hint as well. As they ripened you could smell them from 6 feet away outside. The colors would have been better but that was more a reflection of our rainy Appalachian summer than the variety. At leaf yellow they were beginning to tinge purple. The plants were mildly susceptible to powdery mildew. The smoke was correspondingly fruity blueberryish with a tange. The stone a friendly hug lasting about 1-2 hours.

Auto Pounder w Cheese- Germination- 3/5 60 %- This variety was expected to finish in about 75 days I cut them at around 82. This plant I believe needs further growing on my part A bewitching aroma and a heady smoke. This plant was a joy to grow. Lazy Man's weed. She is an aggressive feeder with a nice strong backbone to her and I was very pleased with an average of 71 grams per plant. This plants biggest draw back was that she was a slow grower for me out of the gate but once she caught on. All three plants responded in this manner wich may have to do with her cheese back ground. Really nothing fancy in appearance. The buds don't swell until late with a nice resin coating. But let me tell you she will be a smoke that you find yourself going back to again and again. 60 % germination rate for me is hard to swallow though.

Candy Kush- Germination 4/5 80 %- This variety is I believe one of the most commonly grown here of Auto Seeds offering and rightly so. I typical stocky, grab it with both of your hands and give it a shake, kind of Kush. Quick stocky robust. Good looking plant and another very easy to grow. Typically susceptible to powdery mildew I had to pick my girls of this variety about 8 days early because of the rain. I defoliated and spread them open to increase air flow but to no avail and they were too late in flower to spray even if the rain let up long enough. I did get to harvest on two very sunny days followed by two days in the barn. Yield was solid averaging 64 grams across the 4 plants. Flavor was sacrificed due to the early harvest but the stone was as Link would say to Julie back on the Mod Squad in the 70's..."Solid".

Auto Pounder- Germination 2/5 40% -The germination rate on this variety was unacceptable. Which is disappointing as so far this variety has my kind of stone. An up sativa high..... a walk on the sunny side view of life....like a dog hanging out the window with my tongue flapping in the breeze! A stocky solid plant with an aggressive growth structure. It likes a good kick of the juice and respond s well when you apply it. It as a lot of three leaflet leaf structure but I would not say that it is predominately so. Because of that lower leaf surface the plant is highly resistant to powdery and downey mildew until very late in the cycle. The flavor and smell while not overpowering is slightly spicey while still having a sour sweetness in the nose if that makes sense to you. Unfortunately Idid not get to weigh my results here but it seemed comparable to the with cheese variety. I can't get by a 40% germination rate. It over doubles you per seed cost. Harvested at 80 days

Polar Express- Germination 5/5 100 % This variety is still growing and is a v

Ok I got interrupted so let me finish this up.

Polar Express- Germination 5/5 100 % This variety is still growing but it grows short and very stocky. More of a central cola growth pattern. It still has at least 2 weeks to go and they are already showing a nice resin coating on the tops with a slightly sour skunk hint. I will let you know how they finish

Mig 2- Germination 2/3 66 %. This is one of Auto Seeds Super autos and so far they appear to live up the their billing. I have one growing in a bushel and one in a half bushel. I have them growing next to a Flash Seeds Critical Chaze Super auto It is about 48 days old now and is 4 and a half feet tall and is flowering like crazy. The Migs are about a week later and every bit a large, I have been happy with the results that I have achge and bushy. They are just now out of preflower so I am excited to see what they produce. I will let you know how they come in.

I know with the ever growing number of auto seeds out there it can get tough making a decision I hope that this helps if you are considering Auto Seeds as a supplier. Other than some germination issues on a couple of varieties I have been happy with what I have been able to produce with their genetics.

Best of luck in all you grow!

Back
Top Bottom