Urgent - Browning/Yellowing On Leaves, Photos Attached - Please Diagnose!

NCOMark

Today i noticed that a few leaves on one of my units has discolouration. I noticed it in the last few days, however, it wasn't until today that it became significant enough to cause worry. The first image is from the top of the unit, currently there is only one leaf that has this specific brown colouring. The second two images (of the same leaf) are of a larger leaf, lower down the unit Approx. 1/3 - 1/2 the way up. There are two more leaves on the opposite side of the unit that have a similar yellow colouring, as the larger leaf in photos two and three.

Also, when watering i noticed that this unit was having difficulty holding the weight at the top. As the stem seemed weak, i had to use some string to support it. Im not sure if this has anything to do with what is going on with the leaves ??

Please could you guys (and girls) assist in a diagnosis, to ensure i have time to tend to the unit with whatever may be required.

I can get alternate photos if it would help. Please ask on your post, specifying the requirements.

Thanks In Advance,

20140912_TopLeaf_Candy_01_zpse61c8c61.png

20140912_LargeLeaf_Candy_02_zps9247da7a.png

20140912_LargeLeaf_Candy_01_zps75eeb515.png

Re: *URGENT* - Browning/Yellowing On Leaves, Photos Attached - PLEASE Diagnose !!

Hi NCOMark. I see no-one's replied yet. I am by not, by a very long way, the most qualified to answer this. But I know what the real experts will ask for:
- Strain?
- How long into flowering?
- Indoor /outdoor? (Looks indoor from your photos)
- Can you take any shots in natural light?
- Medium and if possible pH?
- Nutrients and regime?

Have you seen the leaf diagnosis chart that does the rounds here? I don't know how to pass it on, but it's right on the first page of my journal, from JadeLotus.

Don't panic. Someone on here will know. They always do.
:circle-of-love:

Re: *URGENT* - Browning/Yellowing On Leaves, Photos Attached - PLEASE Diagnose !!

Hey everyone,

let me give it a shot. NCO Mark your plant looks great by the way.

Only problem is your feeding it to much bloom nutes. To much K in the medium to be exact. And about your branch problem thats a good thing if its breaking. That means your buds is very dense and heavy. Not to worry there but you do want to make sure they have support. I would use regular water more often and begin to feed nutes 2 weeks after.

Some Addition Information As Requested Above;

- Strain: PainKiller
- How long into flowering: Week 5 + 1 Day
- Indoor /outdoor: Indoor
- Can you take any shots in natural light: Unfortunately Not
- Medium and if possible pH: Soil (BioBizz) Ph 6.0
- Nutrients and regime? DutchPro Bloom A+B (Plus DutchPro Explode)

In Response To 'WizHigh' - The Last Feed (4 Days Ago), I Did Increase The Amount Of 'Explode' That I Added (Quite Abit Higher Than Previously) And The EC Was 2.2, As There Is Only Going To Be One More Feed Before Flushing Prior To Crop. So Your Assessment Does Seem Accurate. Thankyou! What Specifically Is 'K' ?

I Know That Every Unit Is Different, But Out Of 9 Units (All Watered Around The Same Amount, At The Same Time) The One Pictured Is The Only One Displaying These Signs . . . . ?

Thanks For The Responses!

What Specifically Is 'K' ?

If you want to know specifically, Wiki explains it:

NPK rating (or N-P-K) is used to label fertilizer based on the relative content of the chemical elements nitrogen (N), phosphorus (P), and potassium (K) that are commonly used in fertilizers. The N value is the percentage of elemental nitrogen by weight in the fertilizer. The values for P and K represent the amount of oxide in the form of P2O5 and K2O that would be present in the fertilizer if all the elemental phosphorus and potassium were oxidized into these forms

Potassium promotes flowering, fruiting and general plant hardiness. Sounds like WizHigh was right. Always worth listening to a Member of the Month.

I Know That Every Unit Is Different, But Out Of 9 Units (All Watered Around The Same Amount, At The Same Time) The One Pictured Is The Only One Displaying These Signs . . . . ?

Even though they are all the same strain, there not 100% genetically identical. So some will be able to handle stronger nute ppm then others. Idk if your planning on doing a flush but it may help with the smoke + adding carbo/molasses next watering it could pick up more flavor and bulk in the buds. Always feed more carbohydrates rather than nutes. You will get the best results :Namaste:

The need for phosphorus is often exaggerated. In fact, cannabis needs it much less than N & K in bloom, and if gets grown properly there's no need to add more after middle flowering. The first leaf looks like a lamp burn to me by the way. Your stem is weak, cause you do not provide enough ventilation, and you have to do it from the beginning.

Back
Top Bottom