Urgent! Fellow Canadians sign this petition to legalize cannabis

Another point I don't agree with is how they will deal with impaired drivers. Currently testing is not accurate. Now let's be clear I am "high" every day. I drive to work "high" and I operate heavy machinery "high" and I am just as sober as the next guy. I don't use high cbd, I use high thc as per my doctor's recommendation. So should I just not be allowed to drive ever and go to jail if I do? Maybe we just need a better field sobriety test?

I agree with you there. Unless they're going to crack down on all the OxyContin users who drive really fucked up the impending law seems unfair and difficult to enforce. The field sobriety test is at best flawed. I suspect we will get into month 2 of the new law and some fast lawyer will have the test deemed "ineffective". I personally have prescription for 4g a day. I smoke my first joint at 9 am and am not supposed to drive for 5 hours. I suspect that even after 5 hours I'm still "legally high". I won't know for sure until one of my cop friends can test me. I have no idea how the testing device is able to determine if the level of THC in my body is from being high or from residual THC. I don't know what it's detection window is. I know the proposed unit is salvia based and I know that THC is detectable in saliva for at least a week. This will obviously be brought up the first time a lawyer questions its validity.
But legalization of any banned substance always reveals problems. There are people who will abuse it. Most will probably follow (some of )the laws.

Ok just one thing it is actually illegal to sell seeds in canada unless you have an import licence and a licence to sell.

This has been Law since Law was ever made, now that being said many sell the seeds in shops as cops not care cause its the ppl who buy and grow the seeds legally is the ones breaking the law more so.

Now about legalizing weed for recreational i am all for it.

I just hope they not screw us around who are legal medicinal growers and smokers.

Also there better be a limit on how much can be stored at their residence as I as a legal grower have a limit.

Oh wow i went to sign the damn thing and the second step is to donate to the liberal party and i do not want to do so and there is no damn option to put 0.00 ot has to be 3.00 minimum.. ok BS to that petition then.

Ok just one thing it is actually illegal to sell seeds in canada unless you have an import licence and a licence to sell.

This has been Law since Law was ever made, now that being said many sell the seeds in shops as cops not care cause its the ppl who buy and grow the seeds legally is the ones breaking the law more so.

Now about legalizing weed for recreational i am all for it.

I just hope they not screw us around who are legal medicinal growers and smokers.

Also there better be a limit on how much can be stored at their residence as I as a legal grower have a limit.

Sorry but that is incorrect.
Here's the info from the CDSA.
"Non-viable" seeds have already been argued in court as a seed unplanted.
Scroll to the bottom where is says "Except for non viable seeds"

The Controlled Drugs And Substances Act, 1996, c. 19
An Act respecting the control of certain drugs, their precursors and other substances and to amend certain other Acts and repeal the Narcotic Control Act in consequence thereof:...

Section 2 (Interpretation)
"produce" means, in respect of a substance included in any of Schedules I to IV, to obtain the substance by any method or process including
(a) manufacturing, synthesizing or using any means of altering the chemical or physical properties of the substance, or
(b) cultivating, propagating or harvesting the substance or any living thing from which the substance may be extracted or otherwise obtained,
and includes offer to produce;
"provide" means to give, transfer or otherwise make available in any manner, whether directly or indirectly and whether or not for consideration;
"sell" includes offer for sale, expose for sale, have in possession for sale and distribute, whether or not the distribution is made for consideration;
"traffic" means, in respect of a substance included in any of Schedules I to IV,
(a) to sell, administer, give, transfer, transport, send or deliver the substance,
(b) to sell an authorization to obtain the substance, or
(c) to offer to do anything mentioned in paragraph (a) or (b),
otherwise than under the authority of the regulations.
(2) For the purposes of this Act,
(a) a reference to a controlled substance includes a reference to any substance that contains a controlled substance; and
(b) a reference to a controlled substance includes a reference to
(i) all synthetic and natural forms of the substance, and
(ii) any thing that contains or has on it a controlled substance and that is used or intended or designed for use
(A) in producing the substance, or
(B) in introducing the substance into a human body...

Section 4.
(1) Except as authorized under the regulations, no person shall possess a substance included in Schedule I, II or III...
(4) Subject to subsection (5), every person who contravenes subsection (1) where the subject-matter of the offence is a substance included in Schedule II
(a) is guilty of an indictable offence and liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding five years less a day; or
(b) is guilty of an offence punishable on summary conviction and liable
(i) for a first offence, to a fine not exceeding one thousand dollars or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding six months, or to both, and
(ii) for a subsequent offence, to a fine not exceeding two thousand dollars or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding one year, or to both.
(5) Every person who contravenes subsection (1) where the subject-matter of the offence is a substance included in Schedule II in an amount that does not exceed the amount set out for that substance in Schedule VIII is guilty of an offence punishable on summary conviction and liable to a fine not exceeding one thousand dollars or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding six months, or to both...
(8) For the purposes of subsection (5) and Schedule VIII, the amount of the substance means the entire amount of any mixture or substance, or the whole of any plant, that contains a detectable amount of the substance.

Section 5.
(1) No person shall traffic in a substance included in Schedule I, II, III or IV or in any substance represented or held out by that person to be such a substance.
(2) No person shall, for the purpose of trafficking, possess a substance included in Schedule I, II, III or IV.
(3) Every person who contravenes subsection (1) or (2)
(a) subject to subsection (4), where the subject-matter of the offence is a substance included in Schedule I or II, is guilty of an indictable offence and liable to imprisonment for life;
(4) Every person who contravenes subsection (1) or (2), where the subject-matter of the offence is a substance included in Schedule II in an amount that does not exceed the amount set out for that substance in Schedule VII, is guilty of an indictable offence and liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding five years less a day...

Section 6.
(1) Except as authorized under the regulations, no person shall import into Canada or export from Canada a substance included in Schedule I, II, III, IV, V or VI...

Section 7.
(1) Except as authorized under the regulations, no person shall produce a substance included in Schedule I, II, III or IV.
(2) Every person who contravenes subsection (1)
(a) where the subject-matter of the offence is a substance included in Schedule I or II, other than cannabis (marihuana), is guilty of an indictable offence and liable to imprisonment for life;
(b) where the subject-matter of the offence is cannabis (marihuana), is guilty of an indictable offence and liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding seven years;...

Section 8.
(1) No person shall possess any property or any proceeds of any property knowing that all or part of the property or proceeds was obtained or derived directly or indirectly as a result of
(a) the commission in Canada of an offence under this Part except subsection 4(1) and this subsection;...

Section 56.
The Minister may, on such terms and conditions as the Minister deems necessary, exempt any person or class of persons or any controlled substance or precursor or any class thereof from the application of all or any of the provisions of this Act or the regulations if, in the opinion of the Minister, the exemption is necessary for a medical or scientific purpose or is otherwise in the public interest.

Section 58.
In the case of any inconsistency or conflict between this Act or the regulations made under it, and the Food and Drugs Act or the regulations made under that Act, this Act and the regulations made under it prevail to the extent of the inconsistency or conflict.

SCHEDULE I
1. Opium Poppy (Papaver somniferum), its preparations, derivatives, alkaloids and salts, including... (1) Opium...
But not including:... (32)... (37) Poppy seed

2. Coca (Erythroxylon), its preparations, derivatives, alkaloids and salts, including:...

SCHEDULE II
1. Cannabis, its preparations, derivatives and similar synthetic preparations, including:
(1) Cannabis resin
(2) Cannabis (marihuana)
(3) C a n n a b i d i o l ( 2 — [ 3 — m e t h y l — 6 — ( 1 — m e t h y l e t h e n y l ) - —2—cyclohexen—1—yl]—5—pentyl—1,3—benzenediol)
(4) Cannabinol(3—n—amyl—6,6,9—trimethyl—6—diben- zopyran—1—ol)
(5) Nabilone((±)—trans—3—(1,1—dimethylheptyl)-—6,6a,7,8,10,10a—hexahydro— 1—hydroxy—6,6—dime- thyl—9H—dibenzo[b,d]pyran—9—one)
(6) P y r a h e x y l ( 3 — n — h e x y l — 6 , 6 , 9 — t r i m e t h y l — 7 , 8 , 9 , 1 0 - —tetrahydro—6—dibenzopyran—1—ol)
(7) Tetrahydrocannabinol(tetrahydro—6,6,9—trimethyl—3—pentyl—6H—dibenzo[b ,d]pyran—1—ol)

But not including
(8) Non-viable Cannabis seed
(9) Mature Cannabis stalks that do not include leaves, flowers, seeds or branches; and fiber derived from such stalks

Sorry. My bad. That was an old source. The seed law was repealed in 2015. So it is not illegal to sell seeds in Canada. But it not legal either. This has been argued in Court and the law was repealed.
The following is exempt.
(8) Non—viable Cannabis seed, with the exception of its derivatives
(9) Mature Cannabis stalks that do not include leaves, flowers, seeds or branches; and fiber derived from such stalks"

. Let's face it, if everyone just started up a grow op it would be a disaster.

How would it be a disaster? Do mean because a high percentage of people are too incompetent to handle running some lights and other electrical equipment without killing themselves? Or for some cannabis specific reason? Right now everyone is allowed to have a grow op, as long as it's for legal herbs, veggies, flowers, etc. Is cannabis more dangerous to grow? If cannabis is just another legal medicinal plant is there some reason why disaster would follow? What is that reason?

Right now it's safe to say that not everyone in the country has as much access to pot as they'd like, but still- a lot of people smoke pot and life goes on just fine. What if everyone had free access to as much as they wanted all the time? Would we hurt ourselves without this guidance from above? Would it have some sort of negative impact on the country if the government wasn't involved and doing such a stellar job of controlling our cannabis supply?

Why would people be any more likely to grow cannabis than orchids, salad greens, or tomatoes? Would they not mostly just go to the store to buy it? I grow tobacco. I make a ton of wine and beer at home. I still buy tobacco, beer and wine. I make some very good wine. But I'm not out on a street corner selling it. Anyone of age can buy wine anywhere - it's not driven underground and prices aren't artificially inflated by prohibition. I can produce as much as I want and smoke and drink as much as I want, as long as I'm not endangering anyone else. Is there something specific about pot that makes it necessary to send people to jail over it if they 'break the rules' ?

I disagree. Cannabis is a drug, plain and simple. It should be controlled and governed just like alcohol and cigarettes to keep it out of the hands of children and more importantly criminals who would seek to do harm. If you don't want to support legal cannabis than why are you on 420?
It seems both rather contradictory and selfish to sit there and say that you want legal cannabis but only on your terms. Maybe you don't want "the government" telling you what to do. I don't want my son smoking fentanyl laced weed at a party when he's 16.

Kids r Gona get it one way or another same as liquor, most under age kids I know get it from family or friends an most actually Grow it themselves out doors. Personally I'd rather see my children smoke weed then drink or smoke ciggerettes or lord for bid get into the script pills which I for one have an addiction to (3yrs clean) the only reason the government wants to regulate it is cause they want their tax $'s u wait an see mj will eventually be taxed heavy like cig's causing the price to go up drastically. The corporate growers still need to make a buck so their price won't come down then add the big government tax to that an now u have dispensaries selling weed for a lot more then I can buy it on the street for. Don't kid yourself the government cares little for us or our children they just wana line their pockets

Well all i know is Health Canada states we medicinal growers under their rules of being licenced to grow must purchase from a Health Canada licenced producer.

Sure i not agree with it as i want to grow some strains no LP has such as blue dream and many more, but i rather not get caught and then lose the licence to grow and also face charges of growing cannabis illeagally due to the fact of not purchasing from a legal licenced health canada business or LP.

Well all i know is Health Canada states we medicinal growers under their rules of being licenced to grow must purchase from a Health Canada licenced producer.

Sure i not agree with it as i want to grow some strains no LP has such as blue dream and many more, but i rather not get caught and then lose the licence to grow and also face charges of growing cannabis illeagally due to the fact of not purchasing from a legal licenced health canada business or LP.

Once it's growing how r they Gona be able to tell what strain it is ? Or where u got it from. Buy a few seeds from where ever they want u to, toss them out keep the package. And grow what u wana grow :) if it's legal they can politely fuk off.

Once it's growing how r they Gona be able to tell what strain it is ? Or where u got it from. Buy a few seeds from where ever they want u to, toss them out keep the package. And grow what u wana grow :) if it's legal they can politely fuk off.
True could buy from an LP and toss out 55.00 worth of seeds = 3

And then buy seeds you want, but to a keen detective all they would need to do is ask where you bought the seeds from and when you say this or that LP, ok they will investigate that strain on the package and guess what .. what your growing looks nothing like what you supposily purchased from the LP.

And the LP will verify that as well.

Example: The seeds you bought from them maybe a Indica strain, but the plants your growing are Sativas.. lol

Or the seeds you supposily bought from an LP grow a nice green color colas, but the ones your actually are growing have red or blue or purple in them.. hmmm something not correct there... lol

So you can be caught and can be caught very easily.. all HC has to do is have law enforcement to do random checks on HC licenced home growers which HC has the right of the Law to do so.

And if Law enforcement are involved with you, do not think they will not check to see if you have purchased online somewhere for seeds.

So happy growing just don't get caught.

I disagree. Cannabis is a drug, plain and simple. It should be controlled and governed just like alcohol and cigarettes to keep it out of the hands of children and more importantly criminals who would seek to do harm. If you don't want to support legal cannabis than why are you on 420?
It seems both rather contradictory and selfish to sit there and say that you want legal cannabis but only on your terms. Maybe you don't want "the government" telling you what to do. I don't want my son smoking fentanyl laced weed at a party when he's 16.
So damn true

I don't agree with this new bill either. Which is why we need to stand up and make the law what we want it to be. And frankly until they change things in this bill I will be voting NO. I will not give up my freedom of choice just for the sake of weed being legal.

Furthermore weed is not hurting our kids! We have a big problem with kids popping prescription pills. Also to put things into perspective, fentanyl is legal, controlled, and regulated by the government yet it's on the streets killing our kids...
Fentanyl is on the streets because of bad individuals seelling their prescriptions or other bad indoviduals stealing someones prescription and selling it.

This is like many other drugs that are out on the streets.

Cannabis has been around for hundreds of years before some of these hardcore drugs have been around. Problem is cannabis is a drug with a decent high not all will like it, so people came up with other drugs cocaine, heroin and meth and many more to give a better high but all the hardcore drugs has had many overdoses and deaths to the overdoses and the Government and Drugs Places still produce many drugs that kill people.

I agree MJ should be legalized, but we the people should be allowed to grow what ever strain we want to grow and not be limited to what LP's sell us.

Fentanyl is on the streets because of bad individuals seelling their prescriptions or other bad indoviduals stealing someones prescription and selling it.

This is like many other drugs that are out on the streets.

Cannabis has been around for hundreds of years before some of these hardcore drugs have been around. Problem is cannabis is a drug with a decent high not all will like it, so people came up with other drugs cocaine, heroin and meth and many more to give a better high but all the hardcore drugs has had many overdoses and deaths to the overdoses and the Government and Drugs Places still produce many drugs that kill people.

I agree MJ should be legalized, but we the people should be allowed to grow what ever strain we want to grow and not be limited to what LP's sell us.

I'm pretty sure the government won't be able to tell one strain from the other. I'm pretty sure your seed suppliers will still be around.

I don't agree with this new bill either. Which is why we need to stand up and make the law what we want it to be. And frankly until they change things in this bill I will be voting NO. I will not give up my freedom of choice just for the sake of weed being legal.

Pretty sure we don't get to vote on this one. The bill is in the house so unless you're an MP....

I'm from down south, and think Canada Guy is thinking correctly. to hell with legalization, make it NOT ILLEGAL. Give it the same

status as a cucumber, no rules or regs. period. I can grow enough poisonous plant material to critically injure or kill hundreds of

people in a 20 gal. container(think Castor bean for ricin, Jimson weed for atropine, oleander for killing small pets & children.) They

may all be purchased legally from your friendly nursery, in fact a good landscaper will deliver & install. Screw the laws, there

should be none, zero. When you legalize dope you are guaranteeing that harsher laws & penalties will be passed, the rich will

get richer, the gov. will have more control and have to hire more people to watch over us terrible people. Do not fall for this

carrot on a stick.

I'm from down south, and think Canada Guy is thinking correctly. to hell with legalization, make it NOT ILLEGAL. Give it the same

status as a cucumber, no rules or regs. period. I can grow enough poisonous plant material to critically injure or kill hundreds of

people in a 20 gal. container(think Castor bean for ricin, Jimson weed for atropine, oleander for killing small pets & children.) They

may all be purchased legally from your friendly nursery, in fact a good landscaper will deliver & install. Screw the laws, there

should be none, zero. When you legalize dope you are guaranteeing that harsher laws & penalties will be passed, the rich will

get richer, the gov. will have more control and have to hire more people to watch over us terrible people. Do not fall for this

carrot on a stick.

So anarchy is your solution?
Didn't you guys just vote Donald Trump into office? Let me say that again. You guys made Donald Trump your President.
Donald fucking Trump.
President Trump....Two words that go together like "Edible diarrhea".

Back
Top Bottom