Urgent help! Micro grow, tents and lights

They say that VIPARSPECTRA 300 replaces 250 HID when MARS ECO replaces 150 HID. Both are same price, now viparcpectra on ebay for 64pounds. what do u think

I think, since the difference in wattage between the two is only four watts, that this could be considered highly suggestive that Mars-Hydro is somewhat more honest about its products capabilities than Viparspectra is :rolleyes: .

There are two types of "light damage," burning and bleaching. Good air circulation will help with the former, but keep an eye out for the latter - the solution for it is to raise the lighting or to decrease its output.

Still think you're going to have lots of stress, potential problems, effort, and a not especially happy harvest amount... unless you go with the taller tent. Which is not me saying, "Don't do it," lol. I've seen cannabis grows in computer cases :rolleyes: , so it's possible. But it's also low-production, and scaling that up seems to require scaling the height up, too.

Have any of us thought to ask you what kind of yields you're looking for? Because the answer to that question might influence some of the advice you get. A lot of people grow cannabis because they wish to supply themselves - and, therefore, would be looking to produce the same amount that they would consume over the length of an average grow, perhaps with a bit more to cover the possibility of a longer grow than average, deciding to give some away, et cetera. But other people might be happy if they end up with an ounce, a quarter-ounce, or even could say, "I harvested something and can now say I smoked my own produce (even though it only took one evening to do so)."

A buddy of mine is like that. "If I get enough for a joint, I'll be happy," he says. NOW, I mean - who knows what he'll be saying after harvest if he does very poorly? Because... the thing is... it takes the same amount of time to grow "a joint's worth of cannabis" as it does to grow a pound.

I'm just rambling. . . .

I think, since the difference in wattage between the two is only four watts, that this could be considered highly suggestive that Mars-Hydro is somewhat more honest about its products capabilities than Viparspectra is :rolleyes: .

There are two types of "light damage," burning and bleaching. Good air circulation will help with the former, but keep an eye out for the latter - the solution for it is to raise the lighting or to decrease its output.

Still think you're going to have lots of stress, potential problems, effort, and a not especially happy harvest amount... unless you go with the taller tent. Which is not me saying, "Don't do it," lol. I've seen cannabis grows in computer cases :rolleyes: , so it's possible. But it's also low-production, and scaling that up seems to require scaling the height up, too.

Have any of us thought to ask you what kind of yields you're looking for? Because the answer to that question might influence some of the advice you get. A lot of people grow cannabis because they wish to supply themselves - and, therefore, would be looking to produce the same amount that they would consume over the length of an average grow, perhaps with a bit more to cover the possibility of a longer grow than average, deciding to give some away, et cetera. But other people might be happy if they end up with an ounce, a quarter-ounce, or even could say, "I harvested something and can now say I smoked my own produce (even though it only took one evening to do so)."

A buddy of mine is like that. "If I get enough for a joint, I'll be happy," he says. NOW, I mean - who knows what he'll be saying after harvest if he does very poorly? Because... the thing is... it takes the same amount of time to grow "a joint's worth of cannabis" as it does to grow a pound.

I'm just rambling. . . .

100gr of dried. Will go with 50x50x100 and probably vipra. Read some reviews, and most of them prefer vipra over mars, BUT would love to hear more opinions. :)

Now really, a final question.

As I decided about tent, need to decide about lights, finally.

As my person with MEIZHI for 30 dissappeared, I have no other choices, but VIPARSPECTRA R300 for 64 quid OR MARS HYDRO 600 (old version) for 75 quid. MARS has more watts and PAR, but it's older and no IR/UV. Spectrum is better on VIPRA, but watts - noo..

OR

I can get BESTVA 800W from aliexpress

Any suggestions, people? Also, can go with CREE COB (cheaper one), budget MAX 100 pounds on lights.

OR MAYBE IT IS WORTH SPENDIN EXTRA 50 and not worrying in the future?? Invisible Sun Quantum Kit???

Please HELP!!.

MARS has more watts and PAR, but it's older and no IR/UV. Spectrum is better on VIPRA, but watts - noo.

The lack of UV can be dealt with by visiting the nearest lizard (pet) store and picking up a good supplemental UV bulb. I just picked up a ReptiSun 10.0 bulb, and it was considerably cheaper than an LED panel ;) . I much prefer the tube type to the CFL type, so I did need to factor in the cost of a little fluorescent light fixture (which I failed to do, oops), but there are several sizes available from 18" to 4', so maybe you'll have such a fixture in a closet somewhere?

OR MAYBE IT IS WORTH SPENDIN EXTRA 50 and not worrying in the future?? Invisible Sun Quantum Kit???

Future? I used to belong to an Internet forum that we referred to as "Future." As it went down, though (along with the hobby it was associated with), I think they were overly ambitious with the name. Anyway... Future. Either don't worry about it at all, because whatever you buy (assuming it doesn't fail, of course) will work just as well when the next big thing gets released as it does now... or worry about it constantly - because something else will always be just over the horizon.

That product looks nice. Up to 150 watts, dimmable, and only £145.00?

Up to 150 watts, dimmable, and only... £89.48. "Intangible" positve: Company has a very active forum rep here, so maybe if you do encounter an issue in the future, you'll be able to get it dealt with quicker? Neutral: Company has been producing LED grow lighting fixtures for years, but this is a new product, so it's unproven "in the wild," so to speak. Should be fine, of course. IDK, that's just a guess.

The 300 watt viparspectra are bees and honey

Is that good? Honey is medicine, so that's a positive - but bees sting, lol, as I was reminded one day when I inadvertently mowed over some kind of hive and got stung 37 times on the way to the creek (Pop, if you're watching from the beyond, apologies again about the lawn mower, but the last 30' or so to the creek was a vertical distance and I didn't take the time to let go of the mower before I jumped ;) ).

My plan now is vipra R300 (with more reds) and led stripe 3R1B for blurple. Should be around 150w from supply.

Or maybe I should go with that older mars and add an uv bulb / tube?

It’s sooo difficult to decide. All products same price.

Goal 100gr dried. :x

If I can achieve 100 with them all, then which way would give me better quality?

My plan now is vipra R300 (with more reds) and led stripe 3R1B for blurple. Should be around 150w from supply.

Or maybe I should go with that older mars and add an uv bulb / tube?

It’s sooo difficult to decide. All products same price.

Goal 100gr dried. :x

If I can achieve 100 with them all, then which way would give me better quality?
Train them early and keep them low. Good rule of thumb with the smaller Led's would be a gram per watt from the wall. So your 150 watt should be plenty to achieve 100 grams. As for the quality between the two set ups, only way to tell that would be to run them side by side doing everything the same in both systems.

Yeah and what about yeld, r300 vs mars 600 older? Quality should b better with vipra I believe... and now what about yelds? Same price range and sooo hard to decide... vipra vs mars vs mezhi

Hehe, will do that when there will be only two choices left. If someone's interested just ordered:

* Black Orchid 50 x 50 x 100 tent, found this one for 30.
* Plagron Growmix 50l
* Seeds. :D nw this is damn f56154 awesome! Killa Beez Seedshop, defo recommend to anyone! A short story:
first order was placed on friday, all autos: Fast Buds Gorilla Glue, Cream Of The Crop Narco Purps, Dr. Krippling Chocolate Orange, and they gave me two freebies: Fast Buds GSC and Tutanhamon. Got an e-mail that someone gonna contact me about payment, thought, wtf? Ok, monday, no call, no e-mail, nothing. Gave them two e-mails, they sended an invoice and said that they don't have Narco Purps atm but they can give me 10X ADVANCED FEMALE AUTO AK seeds. Of course I agreed. :) Waiiiiting.

Now lights. My spended a bit more than I planned, so now I need to decide carefully about lights. OK. What options do I have:

1. Viparspectra R300 // 64 pounds
2. Mars Hydro 600W (~280W) old version MARS, no UV/IR, 6 band I believe // 75 pounds
3. Mars Hydro Eco 300W that new model // 64 pounds

also considering, but not that much
Meizhi 300W 62 pounds
Roleadro 300W ~70 pounds.

I will add about 3 metres of additional LED which one's metre about 7W I believe. 4R1B.

QUALITY OVER FEW GRAMS DEFO.

There will be easier with fans, I believe. :D But pust a topic later about what I am thinking to build.

ordered R300 if anyone's interested. :) will add 1.5m LED strip 4R1B which is total about 20W.

recieved seeds. ;D lol. ordered 3, got 20.

soon will start a grow journal. :) this one will be an interesting one!!! I promise guys. stay tuned. :))

You managed to get setup yet mate? Will follow along once you have a journal going. I was limited by size constraints too but don't need a yield as high as you. Recently fitted a HLG 65 V2 quantum board in my cabinet and it's working great. Saved me some vertical space (cabinet is 64cm tall) and the plants love it.

Attachments

• 20190503_203120.jpg
    20190503_203120.jpg
    986 KB · Views: 179
Back
Top Bottom