Urgent help needed: dog diagnosed with melanoma and given only weeks or months to live

Here you can only purchase leaf and infused oils and only from a licensed marijuana shop. We cannot purchase any edibles except on the black market and certainly no dog treats.

If you want to dose your pet in Canada you must use oil originally intended for human consumption.

Animals can’t make the decision to take substances. Take it to the vet or Let her deal with it naturally . sorry for your loss.

Animals can’t make the decision to take substances. Take it to the vet or Let her deal with it naturally . sorry for your loss.
I didnt lose Greta. Thanks for the sentiment, anyway.

As for dosing CBD to your dogs... I completely disagree with you. Many canine ailments are treated by CBD oils given to dogs. As long as you know how to dose according to weight then you have no problem. A vet does no different than to dose by weight. And many vets dont even know how to administer CBD oils to dogs even when it might be the most effective method of treating the dog's ailment. Take my country small veterinary service. They had no idea how to dose Greta with CBD oil. So I came here to seek out the proper dosage - not to be just told to go to a vet. I'm not really impressed with your blanket statement insinuating that I'm not treating my dog properly. You clearly have no clue what I'm dealing with.

All my best,
~Magnus

Besides. It's not like I'm blowing thc smoke in her face or giving her thc edibles to eat.

No not all I didn’t mean to come off any certain way. You obviously care enough to want to help. I guess I meant take it to a vet or professional to help decide if that would help or cause other issues. Animals become family . I’m sorry for your loss. I understand the vets haven’t dabbled with that and are ignorant of that situation so you turned anywhere you can for help. Anything that aids you and your family is a ok with me. You know your friend better then anyone .Good luck

The problem with measuring doses is that the oils probably all have different concentrations of CBD.

I never read of a dog dying from a CBD overdose, so I would say give him a quarter of a human dose and see what happens.

My dog loves CBD. We give it to her when it storms for her terrible anxiety. Everytime I crack it open she runs over. @Doctor Trevor you aren't joking about not knowing quality when you buy it at random places. I used to by these gummy rings that were supposed to be 100mg of CBD but everyone that took them said they felt messed up. Except it was only like 1 in 4 that had the bang, the others were just normal.

When I wanted to start using cbd oil, myself, I tried researching it. But every website was just someone promoting their own brand. Then I realized where I could get an unbiased opinion.... HighTimes.com.

I found an article right away and am happy with the brand I use.

The problem with measuring doses is that the oils probably all have different concentrations of CBD.

I never read of a dog dying from a CBD overdose, so I would say give him a quarter of a human dose and see what happens.
That's why, when determining the dose for your particular pup, you factor whatever strength your oil is into the calculation.

Absolutely do NOT give him a quarter of a human dose. Human doses are based upon all kinds of things like age, weight, cannabis use, etc.

With a dog it is a very straightforward calculation based entirely on weight of your pooch.

Giving your dog a quarter of a human dose is way, way too much for your dog. And yes you can kill a dog with too much CBD.

Dont even get me started on dosing your dog with thc. Should never, ever be done.

All my best,
~Magnus

I stand corrected.
I havent meant to be rude, by the way. I kinda came across as such. Sorry about that. Not my usual modus operandi.

All my best,
~Magnus

Back
Top Bottom