Urgent Help Needed With Flowering and High pH

1613515730708.png

There is ingredients in this mix which is why he was able to not feed nutrients until 2 weeks into flower.

@Reave those are good amendments. Usually compost, guano, meal and such will keep the plant for about a month, (theres fresh nutrients when you transplant too). I have found i need to start fertilizer a little earlier than you have, it depends on growth rate and circumstance. These are just suggestions based on my grows, fwiw. :)

I would say follow the manufacturer's reccomandations with the nutes.
I was doing half dose in my first grow and the plants were always hungry.
My nutes bring the Ph down a lot so I adjust the solution after mixing them
I totally get what u are saying , im just a bit scared of going full out ,, lots of time on my first grow, and several hurdles thus far!

I totally get what u are saying , im just a bit scared of going full out ,, lots of time on my first grow, and several hurdles thus far!
Perfectly understandable.
If it's any reassurance, these plants are hard to kill.
I had every screw up possible in my first grow, I didn't think any of them would make it, but they did. Even the runt of the litter had something to give.

Perfectly understandable.
If it's any reassurance, these plants are hard to kill.
I had every screw up possible in my first grow, I didn't think any of them would make it, but they did. Even the runt of the litter had something to give.
Now imagine if you optimized your grow. I totally understand where you are at, I am there too. This is my 3rd run, first photoperiod. I am loving my autos, I am a little impatient and 2 months is nice for a harvest.
What I am doing is setting goals every grow last grow I learned about nutrients and feeding. You nutrients are available to your plant at a certain PH 6.0-6.5 at 7.0 certain nutrients are “locked out” and not available to your plant. These lack of nutrients are providing a deficiency your plants could be better more productive if you just monitor your EC/PH. It is not hard it is a bit to learn and a bit of extra work.

Thanks so much for the info and encouragement guys! And "BAM55448" I am now using a PH meter from here on out. To my surprise I mixed my A.N. nutes with Cal-mag in a gallon of tap water that measures 7.5 PH as is, and to my amazement as the A.N. label claims that it is "Perfect PH balanced" , darn if the water didnt come out to be 6.5 when mixed!

Now I am at another plateau with my grow, my girl has been responding well to the full nute treatment and is not yellowing anymore, but appears to be approaching maturity based on the color change on the buds. I has studied that when most the white Pistols turn brown she is ripe. I am not impatient at all and totally willing to wait her out for larger buds as I only have the one plant. My girl is exactly 14 weeks old but only 4 weeks into flower. I thought almost all strains took 6 to 8 weeks of flower to fully mature. I also wondered if my lack of nutes in early flower could have scared her and sped her into maturity, just like when U don't water a Tomato near the end and they rapidly push out fruit, ( Im a huge gardening guy)! I see where it is necessary to flush with plain water the final week before harvest, I just don't know where im at? I think my problem is I see pix from other growers with those 8 and 10 inch Colas and I dream of that, is that a strain thing or did I not grow mine so well? Last pic is up close of my biggest Nug at the end of a branch. Thanks as always folks, all your help along this fun trip has me close to hitting some smoke soon!

Buds 4 weeks.JPG

Buds ...4 weeks.JPG

I also wanted to comment that a few guys on her early on stated that my 600 watt Growstar LED was too small to make buds. Guess that was wrong , but maybe it was too small for heavier buds. But honestly I am pretty darn happy with my 1st grow thus far!

It is hard to see in the photos, what you are looking for is the trichomes. The little white bubbles on your buds they start out clear, slowly they turn cloudy then brown you are looking for 25% brown and the rest cloudy.

Looking good for your first grow @Seniorweeder , got 2 ounce per plant on my first with 600w light. I have since upgraded and do see a difference in yield but those lights are a good starting point for sure, I still use mine for first life then after bout 3 weeks they go under the big lights. Remember, no person out there ever started growing on their 2nd grow. Best of yields to you.

Back
Top Bottom