URGENT I think i dropped the PH too much!

smokeschronic

my plants were looking quite healthy but I was using just tap water to feed them without any PH adjustments, I live in a hard water area so I thought I would feed them with PH adjusted water and used pH down but I put about 20ml of ph down (i didnt measure it) into the water and tested it with NT Labs pH 6-7.6 (the water showed yellow with the testing solution straight away)

I will post some pictures in a minute but I think I may have seriously damaged the plants by not taking a bit more time to get the PH right.

The leaves have started crinkling up a bit and sort of bending downwards half way through the leave (see pics)

Thank you very much in advance,
I am thinking I am going to water them to saturation with standard tap water to try and bring ph levels back up?

DSCF00544.JPG

DSCF00555.JPG

DSCF00562.JPG

see the leaves in the first pic have drooped strangley, the 2nd pic the whole plant is looking really scragly and the final pic is my best plant so far but even the leaves on the left hand side are starting to show a bit of droppiness.

Thank you for your help guys

What kind of set up are you using. DWC>?

Sorry mate im new to all this what is DWC? Im using biobizz soil, a 600w HPS lamp (for vegging & flowering) only 1 lamp at the moment because temps were too high with 2 but they seem to be thriving from the 1 anyhow, im going to get a proper pH tester but I left it at my friends house and hes not back for a few more days, thank you tommy

Don't get the cart before the horse. Yes, CO2 can significantly boost yield, but a new grower should concentrate on just learning to grow the plants...before we start talking about sealed grow spaces, environmental controllers etc.

Brother, the problem with your plants appears to be very simple. You planted them to low in black planters and now they're setting in a heat sink. If possible, repot them higher up, move the light off them some and they should be just fine...a little stressed, but fine.

southern, thank you for the tips, so I should pull the roots and plants out of the soilt and fill the pots to nearly the brim with soil, I bought 3 bags of soil and didnt have enough for all of the pots ahaa,, thank you so much +rep for both of you, I will get this grow done then rebuild my grow room much better

southern, thank you for the tips, so I should pull the roots and plants out of the soilt and fill the pots to nearly the brim with soil, I bought 3 bags of soil and didnt have enough for all of the pots ahaa,, thank you so much +rep for both of you, I will get this grow done then rebuild my grow room much better

Yes. Do it very carefully, and add enough soil to raise the plants above the lip of you planters. The stressed leaves may or may not recover, but the new growth should be fine.

One thing to know smokes is that there isn't one main thing that is important. Yes planting your plants correctly is important, however I don't think your plants are plated too low. You can repot them if you want. That is not what your problem is with your plants. But just know that everything is important. Ph, proper environment, not over fert, not over watering,air circulation, etc. Grow on!!

Those leaves are heat stressed, you can take that to the bank, seen it before and I'm sure I'll see it again, and low planting is a very common new grower mistake...happens all the time...that leads to heat stressed leaves making the new grower think, "Aw shit. I screwed up the nutes/ph." Fact is, the temps in that sink are 8-10 degrees higher than outside at the same level.

thanks guys repotted them today so the soil is to the brim and the plants are outside of the pots, when the light is off for 6 hours a day the leaves all seem a bit droopy, when the lights are on they are standing to attention! is this normal behaviour..

im going to drop the nutes in them today im vegging for 4 weeks am using ATA bloombastic box set, and it says for the vegging period to use

A) 1-5ml Root-C per 1 litre of water
Root C: "Root-C is a powerful organic root stimulator, which takes 100% care of maximum acceleration of the root production. Root-C has a preventive action on Phythium and Fusarium. Root-C is the prefect starter to pass to Alga-C, the organic growth stimulator.

Root-C doesnt give any NPK values therefore assuming it has none.

B) 1-5ml Terra Leaves per 1 litre of water
Terra Leaves complete professional growth fertilizer. Stimulates the growth of vital, large and green growth shoots. Directly soluble for fast working.

NPK 3-1-3

so im going to put 30ml of each in a 10L bucket of water then test the pH and adjust to approx 7 how does that sound.

please advise

The plant behavior is completely normal...just watch the moisture level, making sure not to let it get to wet for to long.

Your nute program/amounts looks very good. Start them slow and pour it on as the grow progresses.

Back
Top Bottom