Urine test 7-8 weeks out, hoping for some opinions

SimbaKhan

420 Member
Hello all,
So I have a urinalysis I found out I have to do for my nursing program in about 7-8 weeks. I had been smoking kind of "medium heavy" from September to now, the end of December. I smoked probably 6 days a week during this period, smoking roughly .5gs to 1g a day. I of course have stopped smoking now. My body composition is relatively low body fat, I am not skin and bones but certainly not overweight (about 6' and 180lbs). I know the science doesn't necessarily support the effectiveness of niacin, cranberry juice and extra water consumption, but I still plan on utilizing these tactics over the coming weeks until the test. I have always kept a medium intensity cardio-vascular exercise regiment which I plan on upping to about 3.5 miles of jogging per day mixed with some light weight lifting / body weight exercises for the coming weeks (until a few days before the test). I also plan to drink a hefty 2 liters or so of water on the day of the test before hand and adding a few scoops of creatine and vitamin B. I am hoping this should be plenty of time... What do you all think? I welcome any thoughts, opinions, or advice you may have.
Thanks again!

Just a urine test, and that far off in the future? If it were me, I'd probably follow your plan except for the part about diluting my urine when test time rolls around. Why? Because I would find it somewhat... ironic if I'd cleared my personal "dirty test window" and still encountered problems because it was determined that I had adulterated my urine :rolleyes: .

Well, that and I'd skip the whole jogging thing, too, because my right knee is shot (I can't even ride a bicycle reliably any more). Plus, the most vocal proponent of jogging/running I ever heard of was Jim Fixx, who died of a heart attack at only 52 years of age. While or immediately after jogging, IIRC. That's not significantly older than I am now, and even though he had "a few issues," I figure he led a life that was a whole lot healthier and supportive of a long life than I have. But if it works for you, go for it.

If you are working out that much and have a normal body fat range you should be fine. Keep the water intake high and you might consider a cleanse routine a couple of times during your purge phase. The cleanse will put your body into ketosis. When your liver releases ketones it pulls from your fat cells for energy. The fat cells are where the THC is stored.

Just to add I am 5' 9" 170 and it took me 4 weeks to show negative on a THC piss stick. You can get them on Amazon, 10 individual test sticks for $8 bucks. If you are here in the US -

I also work in restaurants, I have two jobs and it is hot in both. I drink on average 2 gallons of water a day without trying. If you have a moderate metabolism and drink at least 1.5 gallons of water a day. It will take 4 weeks to clear your system. If you are being screened for urine, and STOP using anything with THC. By the 28th day the stick finally showed completely negative. So give yourself 30 to 35 days and your body will clean itself. All the extra shit you want to add is up to you.

Your liver has to do all the work to convert the Tetrahydrocannabinol acid-9 to Tetrahydrocannabinol acid-11. Yes it does settle into your fatty tissue`s but doing push-ups or a triathlon wont speed things up. THC-9 is not water soluble, your liver excretes enzymes that convert it to THC-11. This is now water soluble and allows your kidneys to filter it out of your blood stream and into your piss.

I was / am burning at least 1/4 oz. a week of feminized top shelf ( 18 to 20 % THC ) and in the last 3 years I have had to stop 8 times. It is always between 25 to 28 days to show negative. I use 5 weeks for myself to play it safe, and only drink water. How healthy your liver is determines how fast you clean out your system. So you may want to cut out alcohol as well as ...Peace :peace:

Easy@Home Marijuana (thc) Single Panel Drug Tests Kit - Individually Wrapped Single Panel THC Screen Urine Drug Test Kit - 10 Tests

If you are working out that much and have a normal body fat range you should be fine. Keep the water intake high and you might consider a cleanse routine a couple of times during your purge phase. The cleanse will put your body into ketosis. When your liver releases ketones it pulls from your fat cells for energy. The fat cells are where the THC is stored.

Thanks, I practice intermittent fasting most days which is supposedly highly ketogenic, so this should help as well?

Just to add I am 5' 9" 170 and it took me 4 weeks to show negative on a THC piss stick. You can get them on Amazon, 10 individual test sticks for $8 bucks. If you are here in the US -

I also work in restaurants, I have two jobs and it is hot in both. I drink on average 2 gallons of water a day without trying. If you have a moderate metabolism and drink at least 1.5 gallons of water a day. It will take 4 weeks to clear your system. If you are being screened for urine, and STOP using anything with THC. By the 28th day the stick finally showed completely negative. So give yourself 30 to 35 days and your body will clean itself. All the extra shit you want to add is up to you.

Your liver has to do all the work to convert the Tetrahydrocannabinol acid-9 to Tetrahydrocannabinol acid-11. Yes it does settle into your fatty tissue`s but doing push-ups or a triathlon wont speed things up. THC-9 is not water soluble, your liver excretes enzymes that convert it to THC-11. This is now water soluble and allows your kidneys to filter it out of your blood stream and into your piss.

I was / am burning at least 1/4 oz. a week of feminized top shelf ( 18 to 20 % THC ) and in the last 3 years I have had to stop 8 times. It is always between 25 to 28 days to show negative. I use 5 weeks for myself to play it safe, and only drink water. How healthy your liver is determines how fast you clean out your system. So you may want to cut out alcohol as well as ...Peace :peace:

Easy@Home Marijuana (thc) Single Panel Drug Tests Kit - Individually Wrapped Single Panel THC Screen Urine Drug Test Kit - 10 Tests
Good call on not drinking! I don't usually drink much (unless I am not smoking lol) but that makes a lot of sense and I hadn't considered it. I will def give up the drinking for now too. Thank you

I would think that it would. You're liver has to process the THC and the only real way to draw it out of the fat cells is through some state of deprivation in available glucose.

Like goofy mentioned. Get some OTC tests and see where you are today. Should be able to get an idea by how strong the reaction on the strips or cups are and then monitor it week to week to see how fast it goes down. That way you will know the next time you have to test what to expect.

I am not a heavy smoker and only smoke 1-2 times a week. I passed a drug test for a nursing program and smoked 2.5 weeks before the drug test (I also have a fast metabolism). Chronic smokers take the longest to get clean urine, and that is usually 3-5 weeks. A friend of mine smokes a couple times a day. It took him 3.5 weeks to pass a drug test. Just don't smoke and you will be fine.

If you don't believe me, this is from the Mayo Clinic.

Urine testing
According to Mayo Clinic Proceedings, weed is detectable in urine for the following amounts of time after last use:
  • Occasional users (up to three times a week): 3 days
  • Moderate users (four times a week): 5 to 7 days
  • Chronic users (daily): 10 to 15 days
  • Chronic heavy users (multiple times a day): more than 30 days

the truth is it varies a lot for individual users, depends quite a bit on your metabolism and level of body fat. And while for some heavy users it may be detectable in urine up to 30 days the commonly used urine test wont necassarily pick it up because there is a cut off level below which it wont register. Hope this makes sense, I have been administering and having to pass these tests for quite a few years. And yes, exercise does help, enormously. As I mentioned in another thread sweating is your best friend. It will detox you quicker.

If you weren't able to get clean on the home tests in time consider just doing a basic substitute. I recently had to do the same thing for a job entry drug test and used U-pass synthetic urine and it worked perfectly. It came with a bottle and a little heat pad, you just have to get the temperature right, but it totally fooled the lab. Best of luck!!

If I was going to the trouble/hassle/expense of ordering anything, it'd probably be freeze-dried human urine. Then any worry that there would be something in the test to check for a manufactured "urine-like" product would evaporate.

Back
Top Bottom