Urmom's New Indoor Medical Garden

urmom

Hello, again...

Its been a crazy couple of years and I have been away from the forums since 2013 I think...I have completed some pretty epic indoor and outdoor grows since I moved back home and the summer 2015 outdoor grow was amazing! We had about 12 beautiful sativa phenos that all finished by sept 1st in New England...and I'm talking about huge 8' plants with 200-300 gram harvests on some! Most were lemon/catpiss funk that sends you soaring for hours...no indica couch lock here...

The new indoor grow is a collection of imported seeds...GHS "Super Lemon Haze", Great Gardener "Rene" and a CH9 "Superhaze" along with 3 "big buddha cheese auto"s and a GHS "Sweet mango auto". Everything is already in the final homes...mostly 5 gal smart pots and some 3 gal plastic greenhouse standards for the autos. 1000w and a 400w lumatek ballasts with enclosed reflectors and a 6" inline with carbon filter to complete the setup.

I had a nice long intro typed up with a detailed description of my last 2-3 years of indoor and outdoor grows with smoke reports etc..I will try to incorporate all that info as we roll along with this grow journal, so stay tuned up for updates!

For now, we will skip the breeding program details and jump straight to the first set of pictures...seedlings popped on Dec 19th and were transplanted into final pots on 8 January, so everything is about 3 weeks right now and the cheese autos are around 3 feet tall already!

IMG_300110.JPG

some rooted "Rene" clones

IMG_300011.JPG

these are my feminized photoperiod seeds...

IMG_299816.JPG

Big Buddha Cheese auto...this is the tall skunk pheno

IMG_299711.JPG

Same pheno of Cheese, this one is starting to "flat-stem" and produce a weird curled top on a stem...

IMG_299511.JPG

Main shot of the garden...the SLH, Superhaze and Rene plants are the 6 on the right...after the 10 gallon, the autos start

IMG_299415.JPG

whole tent shot...autos in the back (super tall!)

I was hoping someone could give me some info on these varieties...I know the SLH is supposed to be the nuts but with 2 phenos I was wondering which one is the keeper? I have watched some youtube videos of bubbleman and Matt from House of the Great Gardener and wanted to try some of his genetics so I popped my 2 rene seed and will try growing the "Barbara" bud this fall. The last one in question is the super haze from CH9...I got it as a free seed. The thing looks like an indica straight from the Hindu Kush mountains! It has super huge wide blade leaflets, the nodes are stacked up with about 1-2 cm between them and it is probably the shortest plant in the garden with the exception of my Greenhouse sweet mango auto. I read some reports that you will get a crazy indica pheno so I was hoping someone had some info for me.

The Big Buddha Cheese (auto) is also showing 2 phenos. One is tall and very skunky/cheesy while the other is emerald green, lower smell and can take double feedings, while the tall ones struggle to take 1/2 feedings. The tall pheno looks like it is an equatorial sativa and the other is pure indica structure...both leaflets and branching. I would love some detailed info and advice on these plants/phenos from people who have grown them out...thanks in advance!

Slide over a little bit Emilya, I got here a little late. I agree on this looks to be a good grow show. Thanks for the journal Urmom...

Here are the details for the grow...

What strain is it? .................Greenhouse seeds "Super lemon haze", Great Gardener "Rene", CH9 "Superhaze", "Big Buddha Cheese auto", Greenhouse Seeds "Sweet mango auto"
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages?......... hybrids...
Is it in Veg or Flower stage?....... veg and flower (autos)
If in Veg... For how long?........ seeds popped on 17 December 2015, put into containers 25 Dec
Indoor or outdoor?..... indoors.
Soil or Hydro?..... soil
If soil... what is in your mix?.......... Canna Coco with organic castings, mexican sunleaves N guano, Roots organic high P cal-mag guano, BX Promix added for volume.
If soil... What size pot?..... autos are in 3 gal plastic (1 in a 5 gal smartpot to compare), photoperiod girls are in 5 gal smart pots and 1 Rene in a 10 gal for comparison.
Size of light?...... 1000k digital,dimmable,mh/hps and a 400w too...both lumatek
Is it aircooled?......... yes 6 inch inline
Temp of Room/cab?.......... 73-85f (dark/light)
RH of Room/cab?......... 45%
PH of media or res?....... organic soil...
Any Pests ?....... no, room was bug bombed with all pots and grow media in it and another bomb let off in the basement 1 week prior to grow start.
How often are you watering?..........every other day, nutes 1-2 x a week
Type and strength of ferts used?......... Canna bio line with supplemented guanos and maybe some compost tea towards the end of flower...

So quick garden update:

I have been using distilled water exclusively for this grow. I had a water test done and we have great drinking water on the farm, just not so good for watering container plants... We have a high amount of dissolved calcium and magnesium as well as a higher PH, it runs around 8.2. All of this makes it taste super good and it has a nice "squeaky" feel to it. The high PH doesn't hurt either, keeping your body alkaline is one way to keep cancers from forming...I'm not saying drinking high PH well water is the secret to long, cancer free life, but I've heard it can help.

The last indoor grow was with tap water (deep well, over 300 feet) and roots organic nutrients. We ran into some leaf yellowing and curling, almost like nute burn or toxicity but flushing was not working. Another grower in the collective suggested flushing with distilled water and it helped for the final couple of weeks of flower but alot of the flowers would not dry and cure properly, so they got extracted into tinctures and edibles. So at least not a total loss. Now looking back, we realized it must have been a combination of high PH and the high %of dissolved solids locking up the medium. I am looking into a RO filter for my grow water and obviously for seedling on the farm etc when rain water runs out in the spring/summer.

That is it for right now. I am trying to find some pictures of the summer 2015 grow...we might as well look at some plants and buds while we wait for this new grow to get going...as soon as I find the pictures, get them compressed and uploaded I will plaster the thread with some nice outdoor lemon skunk...

Pictures as promised...

IMG_041037.JPG
IMG_041234.JPG
IMG_041341.JPG
IMG_041739.JPG
IMG_042728.JPG
IMG_044027.JPG
IMG_047237.JPG
IMG_047339.JPG
IMG_047438.JPG
IMG_047734.JPG
IMG_048028.JPG

nothing really to say here...lots of wonderful plants, several days of trimming and making bubblehash...alot of this will stay in jars until next year...

we did a 2 stage harvest and got a total of about 2 lbs over 6 weeks...

So a quick garden update. The girls are growing at an astounding rate! We have 14" of vertical growth this week in the Cheese auto's and the lemon skunk phenos of SLH are growing up by about 2" a day minimum...the rest of the photoperiod plants are growing even faster! I'm not sure we have enough room to veg these beauties much longer... I was hoping to have the autos finishing up before I flip to 12/12 but at this rate of growth and the anticipated stretch in flower, I may need to flip them on the 22nd when they hit 4 weeks old...crazy right? 4 weeks old and they are around 2 feet tall...the cheese autos were 3.5 feet tall at 3 weeks! And they are over 4 feet now, 4 days later! Last Friday they were under 3 feet...today they are 4'4"...thats some serious growth...

So my newest question is how can I keep my plants shorter to develop some more root mass before flowering them? I really do not want to top them (1 rene plant got topped after a heavy handed supercrop gone wrong). I have been pinching the main stem and the taller axial limbs to keep them slow but I do not think I will have the room to flower all 6 of these monsters if the veg for too much longer. Anyone in MA want some clones? Hit me up, I'll cut a bunch off of these girls and prep them...GHS super lemon haze, HGG Rene, and CH9 super haze...

I am a big fan of the LST process but was hoping to let these girls express as naturally as possible...
I guess I will switch to flower next week as planned and hope to keep them under 6 feet! One of the SLH and both Rene plants are really starting to stretch out and with 10 plants inside my tent, I was hoping for slower veg growth...guess I can't complain my girls are doing too good...

I am a big fan of the LST process but was hoping to let these girls express as naturally as possible...
I guess I will switch to flower next week as planned and hope to keep them under 6 feet! One of the SLH and both Rene plants are really starting to stretch out and with 10 plants inside my tent, I was hoping for slower veg growth...guess I can't complain my girls are doing too good... 

Letting them take on their natural shape with one cola is a bit disappointing for me, when I know that LST or topping or both can easily quadruple the amount of product I can get by producing more buds on a wider and shorter plant.

I agree with the topping and LST helping yields...I have switched from looking for yeilds, to looking for plant phenotypes and structures. I am trying to see what the varieties do and how they grow, and then I will try to determine what expression of genes (pheno) is most likely replicating the variety I desire and I will then BX and attempt to stabilize said genetics. It will be a long process but you have to start somewhere right?

I have been growing out import seeds and bag seeds for a while (since 1994) and decided that it is time to get off my ass and make something real out of all this. I love growing out a pack of seeds or a tent full of individuals in an attempt to find that one special girl and I will continue to do that... But with my medical conditions accelerating and as I network with others who need medicine so badly, I am now more interested in finding a way to mitigate patients symptoms and have the ability to target specific symptoms with specific varieties or a particular cultivar.

I have a variety we are developing for PTSD for people. You literally craze personal attention and want to talk to people when you smoke this bud...you laugh for hours and then can't remember why you had such a good time, it just leaves you with a satisfied feeling of happiness...and this happens for every single person who has tried it, from stoners in their 20's up to grandparents in their 70's and everyone in between.

Hope everyone is doing good this morning...have a nice day!

Hello everyone who is reading!!!

Just wanted to post this weekends photos...not much time but here are the pictures...one series (3 photos I think) shows one plant "flat-stemming"...anyone know about this? I know it is a genetic mutation but I have seen it alot in the last 5 years...we have a therory that it is from all the feminizing of seed, resulting in some genetic mutations...thoughts?

IMG_300211.JPG

IMG_300510.JPG

IMG_300813.JPG

IMG_300911.JPG

IMG_30109.JPG

IMG_30118.JPG

I'm just as late as you were bud, but here I am for better or worse. I see you have a lot going on, and your experience shows. I like that outdoor patch you have. Hopefully one day I can have 2 or 3 beasts growing in the garden.

Looking forward to these girls swelling and packing on the pounds. Fat girls put out!

I always revert to LST techniques when one gets leggy on me... Bend her over and show her who is boss. Wider and bushier is always preferable to tall and lanky in my tent.

So I bent the tallest plant yesterday...she was stretching for the roof! I pulled the top 10" over, including a full set of nodes and tied her back to herself...should be corrected by tonight when the lights come on...i will photograph her and post some pictures...

So I bent the tallest plant yesterday...she was stretching for the roof! I pulled the top 10" over, including a full set of nodes and tied her back to herself...should be corrected by tonight when the lights come on...i will photograph her and post some pictures...

That's showing her! She will probably need some support when the buds get heavy, but that beats chopping on her every time!

So not good news here at the farm...the cat has some kind of infection and he looks like he is going downhill...going to the vet today...

I wake up this morning and my wife is on the couch with a migraine and a terrible stomach problem...

3 days ago (4 now...) I started feeling very sick and for the last few days I have been very ill. Back, neck, shoulders and hips in terrible pain, diarrhea, nauseated, dizzy...it is bad. I may go to the hospital today...I called the VA and they want me in the emergency room, they think I may have a blood cot traveling and that can be a problem...

Lastly, with all this sickness, I did not checked my garden 2 nights ago...I went in last night and the lights have been off for about 26 hours at least. It was like 60 degrees in the tent and the plants were drooping bad!
Turns out my power strip is blowing its fuse (old strip) and killed my lights and dehumidifier for just over a day. Plugged the lights into a hard line and am running the humidifier on the strip with a fan and thats it.

I am leaving it alone until tonight, hopefully the lights come on on schedule and I will take some photos if everything else works out for me...vet, wife, self...we are a mess over here...

Hope everyone else is doing better than us!

Back
Top Bottom