US Senate Campaign, Joe Kennedy Reaches Out To Supporters Of Marijuana Legalization

There is an alternative to "reefer madness" in the MA Senate election.

His name is Joe Kennedy.

My name is Garrett Anderson and I am the Scheduling Director for the Joe Kennedy for U.S. Senate campaign.

Mr. Kennedy is an Independent running in the Massachusetts Senate Special Election set for January 19, 2010.

Now that the holiday season has come and gone, Joe will now begin to criss-cross the state of Massachusetts to bring his message to the electorate and make his case for his candidacy.

Joe Kennedy, a resident of Dedham, is interested in speaking with and meeting with MassCann sometime between now and January 19th. Joe is very interested in meeting with the group to have a dialouge on the the legalization of marijuana as well any other issues that come up in the question & answer session. If you are interested in hosting Joe, please let me know. Joe is the only candidate in the race who is open to the idea of legalizing marijuana. Joe believes that this is a state issue; therefore, the federal government should have no role at all. Legalizing marijuana is 100% off the table for Scott Brown and Martha Coakley. Joe is hopeful that he can meet with your club to expand on this issue and get a true dialouge going on the issue. I appreciate your consideration in this matter. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thank you and have a great day!

Sincerely,

Garrett Anderson

Scheduling Director Joe Kennedy for U.S. Senate

Joe Kennedy for Senate

NewsHawk: Ganjarden: 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: Examiner.com
Author: Mike Cann
Copyright: 2009 Clarity Digital Group LLC d/b/a Examiner.com
Website: US Senate campaign, Joe Kennedy reaches out to supporters of marijuana legalization

Re: US Senate Campaign, Joe Kennedy Reaches Out To Supporters Of Marijuana Legalizati

Vote for me,,I'll set you free..:roorrip:

Re: US Senate Campaign, Joe Kennedy Reaches Out To Supporters Of Marijuana Legalizati

oh no ! not another kenndey kingdom in boston. the last one lasted 30 yrs. and the dude never had a real job in his life.

Hes of no relation to the "Kennedy" family

He's Teddy Kennedy's nephew is'nt he? I read just after Kennedy died that his nephew would run for the seat Teddy vacated. :roorrip:

That was a rumor which the nephew quickly dispelled.
This Kennedy is of no relation.

oh no ! not another kenndey kingdom in boston. the last one lasted 30 yrs. and the dude never had a real job in his life.

Sometimes wanting something is more interesting than having it :ganjamon::

This is from his site

" The Kennedy Name

To preempt any potential confusion caused by my name, I claim no relation to the family or relatives of President John F. Kennedy. The surname Kennedy is very common in Massachusetts to the extent that I have encountered a number of people with the name Joe Kennedy over the years.

Additionally I have waited to ensure that no one from the family of John F. Kennedy was going to run for the position previously held by Edward Kennedy. Only with Joseph P Kennedy's validation that he is not going to run would I even consider my own candidacy for office. Their family has a proud heritage in politics which I believe should be allowed to continue, if they so desire. I say this not to diminish my conviction for the position, but out of respect for the work and the great contributions their family has made to American politics"

i watched the senate debate for Mass on cspan last night.

i do not live in massachusetts, but was intrigued that a debate for Jan 19 senate election was going to include a third party candidate.

i was impressed with mr. kennedy, as when he was asked a question, he answered it. no soundbite pre-prepared mini speech like his dem and rep opponents offered.

i did NOT hear anything said about marijuana, but i joined the debate late, and might have missed it.

having read this post on here, i am not surprised that candidate kennedy is NOT a prohibitionist.

he DID harp on cutting spending. that, combined with his state's rights, and personal liberties stances, led me to think he was more libertarian minded than the other two.

i imagine that some of his first attempts to cut spending would be to encourage decriminalization, at the least, of marijuana use and possession, and CUT the budget for marijuana offenses and law enforcement against users.

i hope this is a small, first step for third party candidates ALL over the nation to be included in debates.

sure, they may not be able to garner enough votes to actually win, but thier VOICES need to be heard amongst the soundbites republicans and democrats shout at each other constantly.

david gergen did a decent job moderating, but should have gone back to mr. kennedy from time to time to give him equal time. but for every 5 things Brown and Coakley said, mr. kennedy got to say one thing.

i believe that, from now on ALL candidiates should be asked the question...

are you for or against prohibition?

Back
Top Bottom