US - Yellow House Raided in Los Angeles

Pinch

Los Angeles, CA - Hello, members and friends of the Los Angeles Patients and Caregivers Group (LAPCG).

I am sorry to report that Compassionate Caregivers on La Brea Avenue in West Hollywood (the "Yellow House") was raided by the Los Angeles Police Department last night. The LAPD served a search warrant at West Hollywood's oldest dispensary and arrested between nine and thirteen staff members. I understand that all of those arrested are out on bail this morning. This is the second time that the LAPD has raided a dispensary in two months.

We are calling on everyone who cares about medical cannabis to speak out against this latest outrageous action by the LAPD. The LA Mayor Hahn and his likely successor Antonio Villaraigosa needed to know that we will not tolerate this in the LA area. Please take some time to call both the Mayor and his opponent and tell them to stop the LAPD from raiding more dispensaries. You should do this whether or not you visit Compassionate Caregivers. Nobody should be arrested for medical cannabis, and we must all stand in solidarity against this kind of police action.

Tell Mayor Hahn and Councilmember Villaraigosa to stop the raids and drop the charges:

LA Mayor Hahn — (213) 978-0600 or MayorHahn@mayor.lacity.org

LA Councilmember and Mayoral Candidate — (213) 473-7014 or villaraigosa@council.lacity.org

There have been no other raids in LA or West Hollywood, and the LAPCG is still open to serve you daily. We will be working closely with Americans for Safe Access and the staff of Compassionate Caregivers to stop this injustice and protect your right to medical cannabis. Please forward this message to your friends who support medical cannabis.

Thanks for helping! I look forward to seeing you at the LAPCG soon!

Don Duncan, Executive Director

Los Angeles Patients and Caregivers Group

(323) 882-6033 * www.LAMedicalMarijuana.com

Source: weedtracker.com
Copyright: Copyright 2005 weedtracker.com
Website: weedtracker.com - This website is for sale! - weedtracker Resources and Information.

Back
Top Bottom