Use Variable Dimmer On LED Quantum Boards?

TulsaJJ

420 Member
I'm using a spiderfarmer 2000, I know there is a dimmer function on the ballast, but I have relocated the ballast into the exhaust tunnel to eliminate heat from the tent. Can I plug the light into a variable switch, similar to what you would use on a fan an dim the light?

I'm using a spiderfarmer 2000, I know there is a dimmer function on the ballast, but I have relocated the ballast into the exhaust tunnel to eliminate heat from the tent. Can I plug the light into a variable switch, similar to what you would use on a fan an dim the light?

Double check with the manufacturer of your driver but no.

Short answer; No.
Long answer; your driver isn't provisioned for an external dimmer and can't have a potentiometer wired in. Dimming before the driver (in between the wall outlet and the driver plug) will not work either because you would simply be limiting voltage into the driver not affecting the driver output. My best guess is the light wouldn't even turn on.

Thank you for the replies, you are correct. When I used a variable controller and turned it down the light just flickered similar to a strobe light.

Thank you for the replies, you are correct. When I used a variable controller and turned it down the light just flickered similar to a strobe light

Back
Top Bottom