Using a 300W LED to replace outdoor shade hours

Nadhcra

Hey, so I'm just entering the flowering stage with my first grow. The strain is unknown, as this plant was a free seed from a small batch of autos that didn't take. I've had the plant vegging outdoors since August 20th (late, I know. terribly new to this) in a 3-gal pot. It started pre-flowering maybe a week or two ago, and despite my lack of knowledge and expertise, the plant isn't looking bad at all. It gets about 4-5 of direct sunlight, and it's extremely healthy in terms of nutes and its size (about 2 ft untied, I have it LST'd well. Bushy.)

My question is, can I make up for the shade it sees for the rest of the day with a 300W LED? I've read that I need 6 hours of direct sunlight minimum for a decent harvest. But, it only gets sunlight from about 10 AM - 3PM, it sits in the shade from then on. Could I bring it inside and set it up under an LED for the remainder?

Obviously keeping it 12/12, would I benefit from this? Or should I simply make do with the scraps of indirect sunlight?

(Note): All of the standard outdoor to indoor precautions will be done religiously. ie: baths and sprays.

Yes, it sounds like you need a lot more light, and adding LED will help. 12 hours of direct light minimum is more like it.
If it's an auto, it doesn't need to be on 12/12. You can give it light 24 hours a day.

Photos help, and if you could answer the questions in "How to Ask for Growing Assistance" (sticky at the top of the forum), that would help a lot too.

Back
Top Bottom