Using Condensated AC Water On Plants

FWIW I don't consider that waste (from AC or a dehumidifier) to be true distilled water, it is condensed on the outside of the radiator therefore that water washes over the aluminum rad plus the cooper piping. As well as the environmental contaminants stuck to the rad. It's quite the opposite and I consider it dirty water and wouldn't use it at all. The copper pipes and lead were just a reference pointing out the fact that we are eliminating them for a reason.
You are right. It is not a true distilled water.

But, it is not dirty water any more than rain water is. Humans have been growing food using rain water or the water from nearby lakes, ponds or rivers for centuries and the plants survive and feed the people.

Even when pouring the purest water on the soil would pick up metals that are present so I don't know if it would be any different at that point than the water dripping off an air-conditioner or collecting in a dehumidifier.

I do agree with all of that.
My concern would be the amount of copper, lead and aluminum in that water. That said I must remind everyone that I am in no way an expert on any of this, it's just 1 mans opinion.
As stated by others it is usable, I'm just saying I wouldn't use it for those reasons.

I do agree with all of that.
My concern would be the amount of copper, lead and aluminum in that water. That said I must remind everyone that I am in no way an expert on any of this, it's just 1 mans opinion.
As stated by others it is usable, I'm just saying I wouldn't use it for those reasons.
Wouldn't it be the same as any house with copper pipes ?

Not at all IMO, aluminum doesn't exist inside the copper pipes. The environmental factors as well... I'm in a woodworking shop and I smoke like a chimney, my dehumidifier is filthy and after I clean it it is still filthy. :(
OTOH the water rushing through the copper pipes (our water lines) may indeed have more copper particles in it just due to the way the water rushes through the piping and around the bends.

I know nothing for sure I'm basically just thinking out loud.

Not at all IMO, aluminum doesn't exist inside the copper pipes. The environmental factors as well... I'm in a woodworking shop and I smoke like a chimney, my dehumidifier is filthy and after I clean it it is still filthy. :(
OTOH the water rushing through the copper pipes (our water lines) may indeed have more copper particles in it just due to the way the water rushes through the piping and around the bends.

I know nothing for sure I'm basically just thinking out loud.
Definitely makes sense. Didnt even consider any of this. Cheers mate

Back
Top Bottom