Using Mega Crop question

I started with young plants at 1g/gal and every watering for a while I added a half a gram. When I got up to 5g/g I started getting spotting and realized I was giving too much. When I started giving PK along with it, I ended up getting severe lockouts and was only able to finally give PK successfully after backing down the MC to 4.5-4.75g/gal. It is strong stuff... and do not ever assume that because they list 6g/gal as the maximum dosage, that this is some sort of goal.... because it is not. Unless you have a monster plant in a monster container growing monster buds under monster lights, you probably are never going to need 6g/gal.
Thank you..

Several of us have tried writing to them and we have only gotten vague instructions that sort of refer you to the highly confusing instructions on the website. Please carefully study my grow journals for my recent experiment with MC.

In there I take a completely different stance than many had been taking before me, and I believe that I figured out why people were having so much trouble using MegaCrop. I took on that experiment because I saw many people getting in trouble due to MC overages, misinterpreting the lockouts that resulted, and then over compensating by using additional off product supplements to band-aid the problems they were having. I figured out that less MC is the solution, and that 6g/gal certainly was not a goal that one should try to make their plants achieve.

@MrSauga , & @InTheShed are pretty much the pros on MC.
Last soil Grow I never got past 4.5 gr. MC. Never used a PK Booster.
This grow I'm at 4 gr. per gal. with 4 ml. of Terpinator per gal. so far. I still have 2 - 4 weeks to go.
not me too? lol I stood up to those guys who only had a couple of grow ahead of me using the stuff and because of my analysis, changed their always give more mentality. After I came along, they stopped recommending giving more MC to fix all problems. Some of them still refuse to admit that I am right when it comes to many of the problems being seen with MC having to do with lockouts because of giving too much MC and the resulting overages of Ca and Mg causing all the problems. In my mind, they may have led the way, but I am the one who finally figured it out.

not me too? lol I stood up to those guys who only had a couple of grow ahead of me using the stuff and because of my analysis, changed their always give more mentality. After I came along, they stopped recommending giving more MC to fix all problems. Some of them still refuse to admit that I am right when it comes to many of the problems being seen with MC having to do with lockouts because of giving too much MC and the resulting overages of Ca and Mg causing all the problems. In my mind, they may have led the way, but I am the one who finally figured it out.
Of course you too ! You were already here though.

Sorry Em, I didn't know the history of you 3 using MC. But you were right during my last grow when I had an issue that others didn't figure out. You are Top Tier in my book. You seen who got my vote for MOTM ?

Har!

What have you been using up to this point? There is yellowing and some burn in the top view.

I'd say you're safe at 5g/gallon and see if the leaves improve.
Stuff called nectar for the God's. Iv had nothing but trouble with this stuff from day 1. Right now every leaf on them is covered with brown spots and I can't get it stopped, I'm going to do everything I can to try to save them but it may be a lost cause. All I can do at this point is try but just being a newborn I'm not good at trouble shooting. After I started having problems I found out that this stuff is really pH sensitive and if one thing is out of wack it throws a fit with your plants. I may have to scrub this grow and try again but I have to try to save it first. I thought I had this growing hobby down when my 1st grow went so well for me....I guess I was wrong.

Attachments

• IMG_20200729_133517.jpg
    IMG_20200729_133517.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 43
  • IMG_20200729_133457.jpg
    IMG_20200729_133457.jpg
    908.7 KB · Views: 43
I would start with a flush of the soil before the MC. 2-3x the size of the pot with tap water (e.g. 10-15 gallons of tap water through a 5 gallon pot), immediately followed by your usual amount of water with the 5g/gallon of MC. That should clear out all the old nutes in case they were the cause of the problem.
Thank you, I was just going to ask if I should flush before I started with the MC now I know the answer to that question.

Sorry Em, I didn't know the history of you 3 using MC. But you were right during my last grow when I had an issue that others didn't figure out. You are Top Tier in my book. You seen who got my vote for MOTM ?
lol! i didn't know this and she was still one of my top go to's along with penny

lol emilya. I've never meet a women with your confidency. like you know your shit :green_heart:

Thank you, I was just going to ask if I should flush before I started with the MC now I know the answer to that question.
people STOP FLUSHING the fing soil!!!! just use tap water and water it like you are feeding them.
It's like having a sheep and you're about to cut his head so you can have lamb chops but then instead of giving it a bit of water and praying his life away to feed your stomache you stab his gots and cut his throth!!!

Why thortare before pleasure?

STOP FLUSHING!!!

exactly. It's already suffering from a lockout and your going to suffer it some more by stressing the roots by flushing it. "chucking water at it"

Just give it tap water for few days and look at the new leaves
give it more water throw out the day but don';t just chuck a gallon of water at it.
less water but more throw out the day. also i normally say water in cyrcle. I would say devide your soil and water per section. This will allow the water to work its way throw the soil while the other section is still allowing air.
Take 1 hour brakes between section.

i been looking into pk booster. I think slowly introducing it to the plant in mid flower to boost the yield and make the buds bigger would be ideal. although it is saying early bloom 1g per gallon I would do like 1/4tsp.

I've noticed with MC it dosnt take much to show resluts.

by the way, here is a new update on mega crop part one

"Higher Phosphorous (P). This will help reduce the need for any extra boosters or supplements, and give overall better flowering and fruiting. "

I have gone hybrid MC and fox farms fruit and flower 4-9-3 dry organic in pro-mix
with improved results. 1st grow I had deficiency ca/mg I think due to our water being so soft
coming from surface mountain water. Part of the reason for adding the dry is I am outdoors,
early summer, rain provides the water and the dry fertilizer provides the feed.

I re-use the soil and so far it it seems to have improved the 2nd and 3rd run. Not sure if salt build up
is a thing with MC but have not done a big flush between grows?

Back
Top Bottom