Using Metal Halide and High Pressure at the Same Time

I've done it, and the plants seemed to do a bit better with having the different color spectrums available to them. I had used only MH for veg and both for flowering.

I have done both but only use in flower room now. I have a 400w MH and a 600w HPS in an 8x8 room. Actual grow area of plants is 6x3 I have a somewhat perpetual going on, when I harvest I do 2 plants at a time, then I shift all towards the HPS and add 2 new plants under the MH side of the room. More or less they start flower with alot of MH and some HPS and move towards more HPS every 2-3 weeks

......................MH.....................< 5FT >.........................HPS

>>...............2 new...........2 >>..............2>>.................2(harvest)

Used to use 400w MH in veg and 1k HPS in flower, they are all DWC bubble buckets, this setup works better than a 1000w HPS alone in the flower room. I use some ancient t12s for veg now (robbed my workshop) two 6 bulb 40w for 480w total in veg room, covers enough area for 8 plants in veg.

*I grow 4ft tall plants (plus height of 5 gal buckets) due to height restrictions in cellar.
DO NOT let Sour D or any other sativa get to 24"(plus 5 gal bucket height) before you put into flower when your ceiling is only 6'6". It is a nightmare having a 7'(5'6" +5 gallon bucket height) plant in a 6'6" tall room.

WillyB

I am using both MH and HPS during veg and flower and my plants seem to be very happy. I am only on my 1st grow, so I do not have a control group to compare to... I have read that for those that have both a MH and a HPS in there grow room, the plants that do the best are the ones where the spectrum's meet...

Back
Top Bottom