Using single res to simultaneously feed for veg and flower?

Aroxol

Hey everyone -

I currently have two grow environments that I’m trying to understand if I can feed from a single reservoir.

The first is a tent with a solid DIY RDWC setup (chiller, PH controller, monitors, the works).

The second is mostly automated cabinet that’s designed to run DWC but won’t work well without a separate chiller or RDWC mod.

The challenge is: I want to use the tent for veg and the cabinet for flower, which is forcing a tough decision of which one gets to use the automated DWC setup.

The question is: If I’m not using excessive add-ons like carbs, sugars, PK boosters, etc. during flower - is it possible to use a soup that successfully and healthily feeds both the plants in veg and flower stages? Or at best would I end up getting mediocre results across all plants?

Right now I run Botanicare PBP, Hydroguard, Cal Mag +, Silica Blast, and Great White.

If the single control res idea is asking too much, I’ll just run coco or RW and handfeed for one of the environments. The RDWC setup is just so dialed in, that if I can leverage it for everything, it’s worth it. That said, if it doesn’t make sense I don’t even want to waste time trying. Thank you all for any feedback, especially those who may have done this successfully and can offer insight into what recipes work/ don’t work/ etc..

Wow, and how’s the quality of the flower? Are you just using veg base all the way through?

It's been getting me and my friends high for years. :) I max out about 30 days into the grow, 21ml m,g,b per 4 gallons H2O. I've run the recommended 60ml m,g,b and it left a coating inside the buckets like they were sprayed with clear coat... wasted nutrients that had to be scraped off. I began backing down each grow until I found a spot that gave me the results I wanted as inexpensively as possible. Occasionally I find a plant that needs a little more, but not often.

It's been getting me and my friends high for years. :) I max out about 30 days into the grow, 21ml m,g,b per 4 gallons H2O. I've run the recommended 60ml m,g,b and it left a coating inside the buckets like they were sprayed with clear coat... wasted nutrients that had to be scraped off. I began backing down each grow until I found a spot that gave me the results I wanted as inexpensively as possible. Occasionally I find a plant that needs a little more, but not often.
Very interesting, I may try that as a side by side. I’m going to be flowering rooted clones in a cab soon (likely after Christmas). Plan is to do Botanicare PBP for one and veg bloom for the other in coco. May add an AN PHP veg for good measure. Can be hard to discern bs from reality anymore, but I love the less is more approach and if the differences are negligible, it’s 100% the way to go.

Hey I run the very same recipie he runs this run I didn't put no additives in but I weened them off of the grow at week 5 because this crown royale don't like the nitrogen at the end so I swap the grow for a little extra bloom I ran some hillbilly bag seeds
IMG_20181219_063022641.jpg
my buddies named headbanger and it actually wanted that extra nitogen at the end so I believe that could work to and might look into that myself here's one of my crown royale I just started to flush

Back
Top Bottom