Utopian Sub v2 - You, Me, and Barney's Farm Makes 3 - Perpetual 2000w

Re: Papa Green's Utopian Sub v2 - You, Me, and Barney's Farm Makes 3 - Perpetual 2000

My heart sank when I saw the outdoor Volde. Imagine if that one plant was your entire season's work. Hydro store + structure fire = not enough damage to emotionally break even.

On a brighter note... Holy Utopia, nice nugget. Congratulations on achieving your goals!:slide:1.06 g/w:slide:

LOL - Amen! That's the way I look at it as well. I was in there yesterday and talked to them about it. We tested their batch and it was only 500ppm so we don't know what caused it.

It occurred to me while in the store that maybe it was because the plant was at the edge of an old septic field. I thought maybe that caused the micro zoo to go crazy. Anyone have any thoughts?

:tokin:

ps. - on a side note - the Utopia is looking very good. All the flushing caused a little p def, but I think I'm on top of it enough to not affect anything. She looks pretty darn healthy. And she's gonna be at least 6 feet tall. Now I'm starting to worry about her finishing before frosts. But I think I'm ok. Pics soon.

I have just finished building my DIY aero cloner - I'll load it up tonight and report.

------------
CLONE TIP!!!

Speaking of clones, I recently did another little mini test in my clone process and was pleased to discover an improvement. I did two sets of clones from the same plant. I mixed my usual batch of nutes and set 30 cubes in to soak. One batch of 15 was done my usual way of soaking the rockwool for an hour then standard op.

The second batch of 15 I simply left the rockwool sit in the nutes overnight. Then I put them under less light.

Neither batch was on a heat mat this time.

The second batch that soaked for 24hrs and had less light is about 4 days ahead of the other. I had substantial roots coming out of the cubes on all sides after only 5 days. Not just one or two, but about 90% of the batch. Definitely enough to make a scientific observation, and enough that from now on I will always soak 24 hrs and the lower amount of light.

:cheer::)

Re: Papa Green's Utopian Sub v2 - You, Me, and Barney's Farm Makes 3 - Perpetual 2000

Just at a guess, I'm going to say it was the reduced light and not the longer soak that made the greatest difference.

Great that you did the side-by-side work. Props.

:peace:

I think you're right. Perhaps I will do another test next batch.

:thumb:

high papa,
just cking in to say howdy and make sure all is ok with you and sub...making some of those changes to my grow and trying to do it very slowly, unfortunately learning from yours what not to try...thats awful guy...but i lost 4 large and about 20 clones to the heat this yr...i guess i am learning...but it sure was a miserable time...now hope to put it to use next yr...well, wishing you all the best...cook anything good lately? I made cornish game hens tonight on the bbq...with rice...was a nice dinner...had to use the hens, been in the freezer too long, and cooked out in double foil as i didnt want to fry the house...all is ok here for the minute...oh yeah, also one plant totally hermied on me, and am just budding out the last two burn out ones with extensive leaf damage...we try...L

I missed this earlier. Yeah nature can be cruel sometimes. I blame myself. Your situation was different - harsh that wasn't your fault. I killed my plant with stupidity.

I actually haven't made anything too crazy lately. Got some good tomatoes from my garden, so some pretty good pasta sauce. I like a sweet sauce, and instead of sugar I add a few Oreos (secret recipe from an Italian grandmother). Was delicious.

I know some folks do a triple dip canna butter, I'm thinking I will do that with some butter I have in the fridge. Gonna use it plus a little more to make another batch - hopefully stronger. Will let you know how it turns out.

Also, I found a great deal on hash bags, so I have ordered a set of 8 bags and will be making hash next week.

Final little piece of upcoming treat - I have the res, and I ordered 6 aerojet2 laser spray lines to make my own Aerojet system. Should be cool when done - will have 18 sites on either side of the res with a 600 over each side. I'm waiting for the lines to get here before I get the fence posts and make the gutters.

I have ordered another Light Rail and Add A Lamp so I think it will be a significant upgrade.

:thumb:

Finished the aerocloner. Seems like it will do fine. But I forgot I don't have any short interval timers.

QUESTION: I am gonna order a timer, but in the mean time - would I be better using a regular timer and going 10 on 10 off, or should I just put the misters on 24/7 for the next week?

I'm gonna do a pretty decent update post a little later with pics, btw, but I wanted to get that question out there.

TIA

:peacetwo::tokin:

It occurred to me while in the store that maybe it was because the plant was at the edge of an old septic field. I thought maybe that caused the micro zoo to go crazy. Anyone have any thoughts?
:cheer::)

micro zoo :) Isn't it supposed to eat the poo?

micro zoo :) Isn't it supposed to eat the poo?

That's the basic idea. There are lots of different kinds of bacteria in the ground and in the micro zoo and in the septic system. The septic system hasn't been used in 5 years, but they use bacteria to clean the waste as well. The idea behind a micro zoo is to build up slowly over time the beneficial bacteria. The composte shouldn't really have much nutes or anything that can burn. IF its watered down and been allowed to composte long enough. I would not be surprised if those guys are turning out a batch a month, perhaps even weekly. If that's the case then the tea was indeed the cause. I'm pretty sure the composte needs to be at least months old. And real composte - preferably over a year.

So I guess what I don't know is if whatever was going on in the zoo also fed some kind of bad bacteria from the septic. Meh. Live and learn.

Good question.:thumb::tokin::peacetwo:

OK, mini update.

Here's two shots of the UH outside. You can see the health issues, but I think she'll do ok.

uh_outside_8_30.jpg

uh_outside_8_30_2.jpg

Here's the 31 sites aerocloner - basic stuff.
aerocloner1.jpg

But that combined with this, signals the Sub v3 in the wind...
sub_v3_preview.jpg

Hi Papa She'll be fine....you'll get her on the path to recovery in no time. :):)

I'm not even going to ask what's coming in SUB V3. I know it will be good! :grinjoint:

Hi Papa She'll be fine....you'll get her on the path to recovery in no time. :):)

I'm not even going to ask what's coming in SUB V3. I know it will be good! :grinjoint:

Here's hoping she looks anywhere close to the beauties you have going. That family portrait is awesome!!!!

v3 will be a 60 site semi-DIY AeroJet System. I'm using their res and laser spraylines, and making the rest. Save about $700-800 I think vs theirs. I won't be filling it on the first run - only 18 plants I think Might be able to get a second batch of clones up to speed, but the 18 waiting are Volde and they finish fast, so I would have to rush another batch of clones. I guess its time to see what the aerocloner can do.

I also have an additional light mover and add a lamp coming.

This should increase the efficiency to assure me and my patients of adequate medicine.

Here's hoping she looks anywhere close to the beauties you have going. That family portrait is awesome!!!!

v3 will be a 60 site semi-DIY AeroJet System. I'm using their res and laser spraylines, and making the rest. Save about $700-800 I think vs theirs. I won't be filling it on the first run - only 18 plants I think Might be able to get a second batch of clones up to speed, but the 18 waiting are Volde and they finish fast, so I would have to rush another batch of clones. I guess its time to see what the aerocloner can do.

This should increase the efficiency to assure me and my patients of adequate medicine.
Good Work PAPA- I cant wait to see the new system at work!

have to go plant some sprouts, so wont be long...looking good guy...i have a hugh aero cloner....put it up in favor of the two smaller buckets...like them alot, except the water gets too warm, but raining now, so may cool off some, i think i cant wait, bu t I miss the sun....any idea of seeds yet?? hugs, L:goodjob:

High Papa Another light and another mover, should give em a plenty of light. Think of the first 18 as a test run to work out any kinks in the system.
Bud, I can't wait to see the whole thing puffing away. ;)

Oh! And I think you'll make you patients happy, as usual. If I ever get more patients, may have to look into clones. Got watch you to see how it's done.

Just wishing you the best as usual! :clap::clap::clap::clap:

Good Work PAPA- I cant wait to see the new system at work!

Thanks! Been a long time coming.

She's so perky looking, bet if you keep her outside you'll be finished by before Halloween..:)

That's what I'm hoping for! Thanks for the good vibes!

have to go plant some sprouts, so wont be long...looking good guy...i have a hugh aero cloner....put it up in favor of the two smaller buckets...like them alot, except the water gets too warm, but raining now, so may cool off some, i think i cant wait, bu t I miss the sun....any idea of seeds yet?? hugs, L:goodjob:
Got the first batch of 31 in there. I'll take pics later. Not sure about whether to order more seeds or start some various decent bag seeds that I've had for a year.
looking good papa:goodjob:
Thanks!!

High Papa Another light and another mover, should give em a plenty of light. Think of the first 18 as a test run to work out any kinks in the system.
Bud, I can't wait to see the whole thing puffing away. ;)

Oh! And I think you'll make you patients happy, as usual. If I ever get more patients, may have to look into clones. Got watch you to see how it's done.

Just wishing you the best as usual! :clap::clap::clap::clap:

Thanks, OMM. I know I said 60 sites, but I decided to only put 8/post so the total system will only be 48 plants. This is still more plants than I figured I'd need, but I'm finding that once I went over about 10 plants, its much easier to keep them smaller and faster. Instead of 2-3 oz/plant I'm shooting for 1-2 oz per plant. And I'm a geek when it comes to trying to automate stuff. So I'm hoping this will be the last of the expansions and major work. The next upgrades will be reservoir chillers or perhaps an automated pH doser. But that won't be for a while I don't think.

-----------------------

Mini-Update:

Today has been a roller coaster.

Bad news - my damn main A/C is out again. That thing has been nothing but a pain in the ass and a money pit. I will NEVER buy a knock-off mini-split A/C again. Thousands of dollars pissed away so far keeping this thing running. And its only 3 years old.

:tokin:

Good News - After a painful spending spree with my local hydro store, where I was well over budget on my upgrades... the manager gave me full sized samples of all the House and Garden nutes. Aqua Flakes, Hydro, Coco, and Soil! Plus all the addatives. I will take a pic later so anyone who knows the lines can give me tips on what might not be there. But as far as we could tell, the only thing I didn't get was the Root Excelurator (cause he had taken that sample home). So I'm pretty sure that he gave me 300-500 worth of free top of the line nutes.

:slide:

The Light Rail and Sprayer lines arrived today, but the trolley was not shipped. Its ok cause I have lots of prep to keep me busy while I wait. So it is getting exciting for me again. Although I am really beginning to HATE all the manual labor and upgrade work, and I want to settle into a routine. But there should be plenty o' good stuff for updates.

Thanks again all!

:peacetwo:

do you know what the bag seeds were...if pretty old, might be better to use them...or do you keep in the freezer or fridge? i know they sure sprout faster if you do....just nosey, it all sounds like fun really, love the upgrade part, just hate spending the money....stingy....rather buy seeds, but must have a good way to grow them....hugs, L and hubby:tokin::cheer:cant wait to watch..

Hi Papa :cheer:

The Light Rail and Sprayer lines arrived today, but the trolley was not shipped. Its ok cause I have lots of prep to keep me busy while I wait. So it is getting exciting for me again. Although I am really beginning to HATE all the manual labor and upgrade work, and I want to settle into a routine. But there should be plenty o' good stuff for updates.

Papa you have been working hard this last year, upgrades and upgrades.
I'm with you, get it all setup and then just maintain and grow. I am trying to do the same thing. Just get it all right and kick back and watch. Sounds so good.
Most of what I did this time is working towards that end. Problem is each grow I see where I can do something better.....never ending story!:)

Papa, get with PitViper and The Butcher on the H&G nutes. They should have some tips for you.

Following along silently along in the background... :popcorn:

Yo Papa, just got back and stopped in for some inspiration... man, you never slack off :)

:peace:

Back
Top Bottom