UV lights kill russet?

Diyandimitrov

I pull my planta from the greenhouse under direct sunlight I spray them twice a weak with neam oil and green cleaner but I also was wondering if the direct sun will help me to fight with those russet mites cause of uvb and ubc cause they shoud be dangerous for any living organisms right ? Whats your guys oppinion

Just natural sunlight, not likely. Mites live outdoors and are exposed to it all the time. Most UVB/UVC light is filtered out by the earths ozone layer.

That said, "artificial Ultraviolet C (UV-C) lamps have been shown to be very effective in the laboratory for destroying bacteria, molds, viruses and some plant pests (e.g. spider mites) as well as other biological contaminants in air, liquids or on solid surfaces".

What the article doesn't say is that UVC will damage a plant too, and is not needed for plant growth. UVB will also kill mites, so you could try a special UV lamp/bulbs, but just sunlight isn't going to do you much good at mite control. (not to mention mites are most often under the leaf, out of direct light). If you go for artificial UVB/UVC wear special UV glasses, it can harm your eyes!!!!

supposedly biological pesticides can help make plants immune to attack from insects. SNS is a 420 sponsor that makes great pest control products.

but here is the real problem, getting rid of russets is especially difficult since they can live inside of the plants tissue…. I have been plagued by spider mites & fungus gnats and then my last plants were thought to have russets. I scoped with a 1000X microscope but did not see them.

I’m going with 3 prong attack - time will tell if my methods work or flop since I am just now restarting my garden.

1) Nematodes in the soil

2) hypoaspis miles predator mites and rove beetles working the soil

3) special blend of predator mites working the foliage

these species are often sold individually but some vendors put them together as a combo pack, these are foliage dwelling predator mites….

Ambylseius cucumeris, Neoseiulus californicus, Phytoseiulus persimilis. and Amblyseius swirskii. these are used to control two spotted spider mites, rust mites, broad mites, russet hemp mites, southern red mites, cyclamen mites and other species of mites.

my garden is tiny compared to your greenhouse op, but in my newly restarted grow every new seedling is placed where it touches the foliage of my compainion plants that are laced with above mentioned foliar predator mites for 24 hours and then repeated every week or two. Honestly I don’t see how they could eradicate an infested plant with russets inside plant tissue but my aim is to prevent them from getting established in the first place. Russets are like smaller than speck of pollen so imagine how that would spread with any fans running. Umm yeah not good, not good at all.

I’m just a newbie here but Mr @bobrown14 & @bluter both knows this stuff like the back of their hands If I recall correctly the advice given is to remove the plants away from the garden, torch them and toss the grow media….

my 2 cents but I’m always happy to be corrected when I give bad advice….

Remind me - what state or country are you located in?? Check your pms bro

hemp mites will dig in to the plant tissue whenever any outside condition makes things inhospitable.
scorched earth policy and going back to seed is the only way forward.

i visited a friend this wk simply because i'm not currently growing. they've had issues, and i didn't want to chance bringing anything back with me on my clothing etc.

So I have a seeds in my room for aproxinatly 2k dolars .its around 16 different strains wich I can start anytime. But I will make it completed for me and my workers all those strains. I was poping baklavs gelato 41 mac 1 susent shertbet chocolatw mint and few more this year but I got russet in all of them now simple cause I let them grow in my greenhouse all together seeded mother and clones so the russet attacked everything I have. So your advice its to start everyrhing from seeds and then what ? The russets are everywhere how thats gonna help me to stop them growing. For exemple like I said I can start new mothers from seeds but the russets gonna go there sooner or later and I'm going in a same circle again. What do you think about that ?

Ok so I’ve been wanting to catch Bluter up on my grow anyhow so

as mentioned think we had russets based on what my man Bluter said. I trust him explicitly, but I’m also a future cripple about 1 injury and it’s curtains for me and mobility. So to avoid dumping pair of 30 gallon smart pots living organic soil here is what I’ve done. might work - might crash and burn and I’m cool either way.

cleaned & sterilized the grow room, nematodes on soil. added worms, soil dwelling predator mites and rove beetles working media, lady bugs in the room, special blend of foliar predator mites that kill russets. I’m going to try a pair of photoperiods in the LOS

just as backup I’ve got a clean tent, fresh soil laced with nematodes and MC nutes all ready and starting a run in there too. Might try to inoculate these seedlings with biological pesticide

I shower first, clean clothes, shoe change etc tend one location, change clothes & shoes then sterilize hands and tend other room - no tools or gear crosses between the 2 rooms.

It’s a pain but I’m going to win…. err or crash and burn but knowing my recent streak of shit shows - you should definitely bet against me :p

You guys are pros :)
For greenhouse + hemp mites you need a sulfur Vaporizer and spray with wetable sulfur every 10 days and use the vaporizer every other night forever. Thats how I got rid of them and it was the only thing that worked. I tried everything.

For greenhouse + hemp mites you need a sulfur Vaporizer and spray with wetable sulfur every 10 days and use the vaporizer every other night forever. Thats how I got rid of them and it was the only thing that worked. I tried everything.
So neam oil, green cleaner, athena ipm wont work ?cause I use those 3 right now and please give me a link what wetable sulfur its? Cause idk. And I drench my planta in greencleaner 2 weeks ago and I see those russets turn from white to yellow. C'mon man I play like 500 dolars for those things dont kill my hope just like that xaxaxa. And for exemple all those 3 are oil products how I switch from oil products to that sulfur? And tell me what are you doing in flowering period to stop them cause I know sulfur can be dangerous and tricky I dont wanna fucked up something and lose that greenhouse. Thank you for advices

Sulfur vaporizor is your friend here. Trust me on it. You have to wait a bit like 2 weeks after your last oil treatment to use sulfur.

For the wetable sulfur this is the product I use. Gotta follow the label which ain't too hard . I think I use 2tbs/gal of water and foliar on. It will leave a very light residue. This can be washed off with water. Hose down the plants before harvest.

IF you worried about wetable sulfur try the vaporizer first. It takes care of just about every pest in the greenhouse including vermin. They hate sulfur.

I run the vaporizer on a timer for about 2 hours but I gotta smaller room. For a greenhouse you can do 3 hrs and do that every 3rd day.

Vaporizer tco's:

soft bodied insects including russets
PM
Mold
rats mice and squirrels

Wetable sulfur I use is

Bonide (BND1428) micronized powder.​

My friens told me he spray them 3 times with oranic soap and soap degraded the oil and he switched for like 5-6 days from oil based products to sulfur and I didnt see any damage but his stuff uts 11% sulfur only from home depot so idk how good that sulfur actually it's. Thays why I ask whay are you guys using. :)

I have the usual suspects on my shelves SNS, Neem oil, Safers soap, Spinosad concentrate, oil dormant spray, mosquito dunks, diatomaceous earth, sulfur dust, spinosad dust, spices like cinnamon powder, garlic and clove, a crap ton of essential oils - but I’m trying to move beyond the chemicals to fight nature with nature using beneficial predators.

I forget to ask insted of waiting 2 weeks after last oil product can I sprau them 1-2 tim3s with organic soap so I can wash that oil away from the plants and using sulfur after that ? Cause 2 weeks its too much to wait

Aoy bean,neem, and mamut ita a new stuf but its made from 3 different oils like corn oil and 2 others witch I forget .but I have a friend who was spray his plants 3 times with soap before he switch with sulfur anf he didnt burn anything. But I for sure gonna tested on 2-3 plants before I risk my whole greenhouse

other than scorched earth that is the only way to get a handle on hemp mites. i'd definitely run that way in a greenhouse. i'd run sulfur vapor just as a preventative.

it's not always feasible with an indoor home grow though. that's usually scorched earth policy. sometimes that doesn't work though either.

I forget to ask insted of waiting 2 weeks after last oil product can I sprau them 1-2 tim3s with organic soap so I can wash that oil away from the plants and using sulfur after that ? Cause 2 weeks its too much to wait
Yes you can rinse off the oil with a few drops of dr bronners plain soap.

I've sprayed after waiting a week no problems.

Back
Top Bottom