UVB Lighting Help! :)

jpete0001

I am flowering now with Mars hydro LED and a generic LED panel, I added some t-5 high output desert UVB lamps, 22 inches, two of them. I had them about 14 inches from plants during the 12 hour light on period. It started to fry them so I turned it off, flushed and added fresh water. They all recovered except 1. My question is do you use UVB during flowering to induce high crystal/trichome production. If so how far away from plant tops and how many hours in a day with lights on? Also I had several old 48 inch t-12 fluorescent tubes and put them about 6 inches away from sides of plants )replaced bulbs with 6,500 Kelvin. They started to get wilty, how far should they be from sides?

A good rule of thumb is if you put your hand between the light and plant (just above the plant), if you can feel the heat that's good, if it's gets too hot for your hand then it is way too hot for your girls! But from what I've read it seems like 18" should be a good starting point and then adjust up or down as needed.

Back
Top Bottom