UVB seems to be working

Sleepy One

I have a California light works 24" UVB light about 30" from my Maui Wowie. Being cautious about it's power, I run it 15 min/3x per day. I'm on my second day. I'm not sure if this is good or bad. I'm in my 7th week of flower(9-11 for MW). One of them looked like it wanted to be harvested before I started using the light. Pistils were all brown and curled up. Could see some amber in the trichs. Now after using the light, I'm getting new growth on every bud. It seems like this should be good but I don't want it to get too stressed from the light. (I have stressed her enough). Should I be worried? First 2 pics are from before the light.
IMG_1370.JPG
IMG_1371.JPG
IMG_1384.JPG
IMG_1385.JPG

I have a California light works 24" UVB light about 30" from my Maui Wowie. Being cautious about it's power, I run it 15 min/3x per day. I'm on my second day. I'm not sure if this is good or bad. I'm in my 7th week of flower(9-11 for MW). One of them looked like it wanted to be harvested before I started using the light. Pistils were all brown and curled up. Could see some amber in the trichs. Now after using the light, I'm getting new growth on every bud. It seems like this should be good but I don't want it to get too stressed from the light. (I have stressed her enough). Should I be worried? First 2 pics are from before the light.
IMG_1370.JPG
IMG_1371.JPG
IMG_1384.JPG
IMG_1385.JPG
Hello @Sleepy One beautiful ladies.
I don't see anything wrong with the 3rd and 4th pics.
Might be my old eyes but looks healthy to Mr.
Maby a clearer pic of what your concerned about might help us.
UVB is like giving her a sunburn.
It makes her develop bigger trics to block sun burn.
It theoretical doesn't cause new growth on other parts of the bud.
Stay safe.
Bill

Hello @Sleepy One beautiful ladies.
I don't see anything wrong with the 3rd and 4th pics.
Might be my old eyes but looks healthy to Mr.
Maby a clearer pic of what your concerned about might help us.
UVB is like giving her a sunburn.
It makes her develop bigger trics to block sun burn.
It theoretical doesn't cause new growth on other parts of the bud.
Stay safe.
Bill
Bill,
They look good, I just didn't expect them to get so much new growth (The really light balls) I just can't get a clearer plcs than these. Where there was no new growth before, each but has multiple new pistils.
IMG_1391.JPG
IMG_1392.JPG

Bill,
They look good, I just didn't expect them to get so much new growth (The really light balls) I just can't get a clearer plcs than these. Where there was no new growth before, each but has multiple new pistils.
IMG_1391.JPG
IMG_1392.JPG
Do you still see white pistols?
Can you see what color the tric's are?
What day of flower are you on?
What is the recommended flower time of seed company?
Stay safe.
Bill

I am using two of the same bulbs....run them 2 hrs a day the last 3-4 weeks....I have noticed stronger flavor and larger tric's. .....lots more sticky stuff. I am a fan and will continue to use them. lol

Do you still see white pistols?
Can you see what color the tric's are?
What day of flower are you on?
What is the recommended flower time of seed company?
Stay safe.
Bill
Yes, both plants have some white pistils. The one plant had stopped making them until I started using the UVB.
Trichs are a mixture of clear, white, and amber. The rest of the plant doesn't look like it's ready for harvest. All the leaves are still perky and green.
It's been 51 days since I switched to 12/12
420 flower time is 9-11 weeks.

I am using two of the same bulbs....run them 2 hrs a day the last 3-4 weeks....I have noticed stronger flavor and larger tric's. .....lots more sticky stuff. I am a fan and will continue to use them. lol
How far away are the lights, 3 ft? Mine are a few inches shorter than that. I think I'll start increasing the time. Do you turn yours on at about the 6hr mark?

Yes, both plants have some white pistils. The one plant had stopped making them until I started using the UVB.
Trichs are a mixture of clear, white, and amber. The rest of the plant doesn't look like it's ready for harvest. All the leaves are still perky and green.
It's been 51 days since I switched to 12/12
420 flower time is 9-11 weeks.
Your 7 weeks into an 11 week strain.
From what I understand that light is recommended to be used the last 2 weeks of flower.
How long have you been using it?
Stay safe.
Bill

From what I understand that light is recommended to be used the last 2 weeks of flower.
Stay safe.
Bill
I've only been using it a day or 2 for 15 min, 3x per day. I'm going to back off till later. I think one of them is not happy with it right now.

How far away are the lights, 3 ft? Mine are a few inches shorter than that. I think I'll start increasing the time. Do you turn yours on at about the 6hr mar
My lights come on at 0330 and off at 2130.... my UVB's run noon to 2 and I run mine at about 24-30" as they run along each side of a raptor cool hood and 1000 watter.

Stay safe.
Bill
True.... I had run them 4 hours at first and ended up with some burning....(I think) so I cut them back to 2 hours......although the white widow seems to like them.

Bill,
IMG_1391.JPG
IMG_1392.JPG

Have you done a flush lately. That is the way my ladies look after I do the final flush prior to harvest.
Don't believe it is from the UVB lamp.

gr,
Yes, I flushed on the 31st. I have also found that I need to calibrate my Hanna PH pen because I took a reading of tap water and it was 6.8. I put some PH Down into it (half an eyedropper) It went too low., so I dumped half of the water out and added more tap water.. I did this 3 times and no change. I recalibrated and took a reading of fresh water. PH was 6.3. Now I just wonder if, in addition to starving them to death, I was feeding them acid water.
I'm making so many mistakes that my next grow is going to be GREAT!

Ok, so I'm into the 10th week of flower on my Maui Wowie. I'm thinking the one with the yellow leaves is about ready. Trichs are cloudy with a chance of Amber. The greener one maybe a little longer, but the trichs seem to be cloudy as well. I can't get clear pics of the trichomes. Dou you think it's about harvest time?

IMG_1414.JPG

IMG_1415.JPG

Ok, so I'm into the 10th week of flower on my Maui Wowie. I'm thinking the one with the yellow leaves is about ready. Trichs are cloudy with a chance of Amber. The greener one maybe a little longer, but the trichs seem to be cloudy as well. I can't get clear pics of the trichomes. Dou you think it's about harvest time?

IMG_1414.JPG

IMG_1415.JPG
Hey @Sleepy One great garden.
Have all the pistols turned red and crinkled in.
I can't tell for sure but it looks like there is some white left.
Once the white is gone then check your trics.
Stay safe.
Bill

Hi bill,
Yes, the pistils have been red and curled in for a while now, but whenever I use the UVB they seem to want to produce new growth (white pistils). I didn't see much, if any, new growth today though. Actually, those pics are a few days old, so I added some from today. The leaves that are turning yellow are also turning purple. It can't be low on phosphorus though.

IMG_1416.JPG

IMG_1419.JPG

IMG_1420.JPG

Hi bill,
Yes, the pistils have been red and curled in for a while now, but whenever I use the UVB they seem to want to produce new growth (white pistils). I didn't see much, if any, new growth today though. Actually, those pics are a few days old, so I added some from today. The leaves that are turning yellow are also turning purple. It can't be low on phosphorus though.

IMG_1416.JPG

IMG_1419.JPG

IMG_1420.JPG
Shut your lights off for 36 hrs then chop that beautiful baby.
If you have your Amber's she is ready to go.
Stay safe.
Bill

Bill,
What does it do when you turn the lights off?
Led lights actually degreade your trics.
So after 12 hrs of light they are degrading away.
When you turn your lights off for 36hrs pre harvest your trics swell like balloons.
Filling with all that good resinous goo.
So when your ready to harvest turn your lights out for 36 hrs then chop.
You will be pleased with the results.
Stay safe.
Bill

Back
Top Bottom