full

Day 1: V.C.D.C. Seeds in Water

full

Day 1: Nightingale Seeds in Water

full

Day 2: Seeds on Paper Towel

full

Day 2: Paper Towel Folded over Seeds, and Covered with a Second Saucer

It's time to grow again. My first grow has about three weeks to go before harvest. The Nightingale seeds are NOT stable, so that's going to be a phenotype hunt. I need a high CBD strain, and these were the best I could find at Seedsman. Note that to find these strains you will probably need to access them through their breeder pages. Moxie produces the V.C.D.C. and Medical Marijuana Genetics the Nightingale.

The reason behind the saucer on top is to meet the darkness requirement for germination. The tray is on a heated seed mat. There is about 3mm (1/8") water in the tray for heat transfer and stabilization. The tray has a clear cover to produce a mini-greenhouse, keeping the humidity high. The cover, and top saucer are lifted every eight hours to provide fresh air for the seeds.

I grew a fantastic Nightengale plant, has decent THC and very high CBD, I did a home test was like a 2/1 CBD/THC

Why do u say they are not stable, the Nightengale?

From Seedsman's website:
Nightingale (NN-1), named after Florence Nightingale the founder of modern nursing, is a poly hybrid indica bred from the legendary Shiskaberry and CD-1.

During testing, its CBD levels have ranged from 20.3% to 10.3%. The THC level varied the most out of all of the strains sold by Medical Marijuana Genetics, meaning this strain varied from between a 1:1 strain to a 20:1 strain. If you need fairly precise THC levels and do not have access to testing then beware of this strain. If you are looking for a high CBD, low THC strain and have access to a laboratory then this is one to test.

It is worth noting that from our research – and unlike its Candida parent - it appears that the indica phenotype that this plant produces is the 20:1 pheno, with the more sativa pheno producing a 1:1 strain.

Nightingale's berry lineage is evident in many of its characteristics, with striking purple leaves in flower, sweet berry aroma and high yield. It is perfect for night time use and can be utilised for those suffering with insomnia and anxiety, as well as a host of other medical conditions. Nightingale (NN-1) is suitable for all growing environments and is suitable for making extractions and vaping/smoking.

Actually, V.C.D.C. is pretty much the same. Once again from Seedsman:

Winner of the 2015 High Times Southern California Cannabis Cup, VCDC combines the legendary ACDC strain with Moxie Seeds in-house breeding staple; Viper City O.G. by combining these two strains they have made the first-ever easy-to-grow, feminized CBD gene pool available to the public. Phenotypes can reach as high as 24:1 CBD to THC, but hover around 2:1. An excellent grower outdoors, VCDC will grow into large trees with big buds. The smell is sweet like cherries and blueberries, but tastes even more citrusy and complex. Some phenotypes will finish in less than 8 weeks while others may want as many as 11. She is for expert growers and will keep you pheno hunting for your favourite for years to come! Indica dominant.

Interesting...don't remember that info when I got my Nightengale

I do like the one I grew, i just harvested 3 ACDC girls...love the smoke and high CBD, I'll test it soon

Appreciate the info, I still have Nightengale, Candida and Green Doc seeds for the future

Good luck on yet grow I'll be following along

I'm going to try clone all plants in an effort to keep the best ones. I hope to be able to reverse one of the feminized plants, and breed it to clones. I'm looking for the highest possible CBD, with very little if any THC.

I'm going to try clone all plants in an effort to keep the best ones. I hope to be able to reverse one of the feminized plants, and breed it to clones. I'm looking for the highest possible CBD, with very little if any THC.
Check out a strain called carnival man sweet sue grew out I’m hitting it up next winter grow for sure . Good reviews about it .

I grew a fantastic Nightengale plant, has decent THC and very high CBD, I did a home test was like a 2/1 CBD/THC

What home test are you using? I've been looking on and off for a test method. The one I'm leaning to is Cannalytics Supply's 20/25 THC Test Kit. It and a refill kit costs less than their 40/50 kit.

Thanks for the info. Carnival is a high THC (25%) strain. At this point I'm looking for high CBD.
Oh white about crop king seeds auto cdn strains pretty good reviews and I’ve actually smoked one before really nice .

What home test are you using? I've been looking on and off for a test method. The one I'm leaning to is Cannalytics Supply's 20/25 THC Test Kit. It and a refill kit costs less than their 40/50 kit.
That's it

It works pretty good, but you will get failed..goofy tests

I learned a lot with them, got free plates....
I'll ask @420 to ask them about sponsors

Look on my thread, u will find plates I did, I'm camping I'll try and post a pic

Day 3 of Grow / Day 1 as a Seedling

full

Day 3 of Grow / Day 1 as a Seedling

full

Day 3 of Grow / Day 1 as a Seedling (After Transplant)​

Three of the four seeds germinated and were ready for transplant. I'll give the last one another day or two in case it's just slow.

Day ??

This grow has been a real trip. First the V.C.D.C. didn't germinate, so I slowed the Nightingale down by reducing the light, and lowering the nutrients. I tried germinating my last four V.C.D.C. seeds, but only two sprouted. The grow was on!

At the beginning of May my wife and I were injured in a collision. Pain and difficulty moving around led to sporatic care for my plants. Finally I thought I was ready to care for them properly again. After transplanting them, I was down for the count for two days. Today I was able to top and trim my plants back to where they should have been a month ago - ready to start LST training.

Hopefully everything will go smoothly with this grow now that I'm in a bit better shape.

full

Finally Transplanted - First Node Buried

full

Topped and Trimmed - Tops Saved as Clones​

Back
Top Bottom